Google Terms Kenyan Shilling Best Currency For Africa

if you understand currency then there is nothing "odd".google may be using kshs because it is cost efficient,you don't need huge hage funds for it coz it's always almost unchanged.
if someone does some international trade then he knows what currency flactuations can do to your profits.On the other side if you look at tha SA rand you can see how it moves,so i think the google using kshs "thing" may be absolute truth.

I concur with you that economic status is not a good indicator of country's currency value. A classic example is China and Japan, among the strongest economies in the world, but surprisingly both of them have weaker currency. Unlike Kenya, these two countries prefer there currency to have less values in comparison to the dollar because it allow them to have a competitive advantage in exportation. That is the reason United States Govt has been complaining about this, and asked China to allow its currency to float.

On the other hand, I vehemently disagree with your assertion that Kenyans would prefer Kenya shilling in lieu of the mighty American dollar. American economy has been around for sometime now, and more importantly has stood the taste of time. It's no wonder the US dollar is a global currency. To make a long story short, it's only a fool who would prefer Kenya's shilling in lieu of the mighty dollar.

Last, let me ask you a simple question for the sake of this debate if you don't mind. Imagine you are a Google manager who is in charge of preparing payroll for Google's employee in Africa. You are contemplating on whether to use Rand or Kenya shilling to pay your employees, and the exchange rate is as follows:

1 $ = Rand 7.47 and 1 $ = Shilling 77.47

Which currency would you choose? Bear in mind your number one priority is to cut down Google's cost of operations.

Looks like huwafahamu vizuri wakenya, unawasikia tu. Hakuna watu duniani wanaodhamini chao kama wakenya. USD in Kenya wala haziwavutii ata wale wanaofanya kazi TZ, they negotiate their salaries in KSH as much as mos of them are paid in USD. Chezea mbali na Mkenya aisee!

This is just propaganda. Searched the net and I can find no such news.

Better provide your sources next time you make grand claims (a link would do)

Looks like huwafahamu vizuri wakenya, unawasikia tu. Hakuna watu duniani wanaodhamini chao kama wakenya. USD in Kenya wala haziwavutii ata wale wanaofanya kazi TZ, they negotiate their salaries in KSH as much as mos of them are paid in USD. Chezea mbali na Mkenya aisee!

Huchelewi kudanganyika, KSH hata DAR we dont need it, iweje itumike Africa nzima. Hawa jamaa kwa fix hawajambo. STOP POSTING LIES PSE!

It is good for Kenyans (if at all is true) but sounds like a threat to all other EAC countries, i can smell denomination of Kenya over the rest of EACs.
This is no joke, the EAC law makers and representatives have to stay alert.

Back
Top Bottom