Fast Tracking EAC Political Federation - a Liability?

As Anne Mugisha put it aptly, Tanzanians do welcome EAC cooperation but NOT in its present form.
I dont see why it should be Fast Tracked and one might ask, to whos benefit?.
Today there is a conflict on land betwen Uganda and Kenya(Migingo Island)
Today Kenya is unstable politically-the political bickering between the President and the Prime Minister
Today Uganda is lukewarm politically though Museveni gives me the creeps!
Like Anne suggested earlier lets get the common services going first.Political Unions are a very tricky business.

And what could these common services be?

Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda and Kenya are desperate for land. The former three need access to the coast. Kenya, with relatively few more industries than the rest is seeking market expansion. What is in it for Tanzania?

Lets not kid ourselves people; the sticking point in this whole EAC deal is land. If Tanzania refuses to budge on land, there will be no EAC. Period.

You make it sound like its the scramble for Tanzania... stop feeling so sweet

Ni kweli mkuu.

Okay. We'll just feel smug.

You guys have got to give us a better offer.

You guys have the best offer, the HQ of the federation is in your country, road projects have already started, I think both side of your bread are buttered, but you are still hesitating.. Be a little bit optimistic ma guy, the South( we all know thats where you are eying) will hand you the shorter side of the stick, simply because they know you are desperate.

You guys have the best offer, the HQ of the federation is in your country, road projects have already started, I think both side of your bread are buttered, but you are still hesitating.. Be a little bit optimistic ma guy, the South( we all know thats where you are eying) will hand you the shorter side of the stick, simply because they know you are desperate.

Unfortunately your best in this case is just not good enough. You'll have to outbid 'the South'. We've got other suiters as well.

If you guys want this booty you'll just have to renounce your citizenship!

The East African boat sailed in the 1960's with all of us aboard.
We all disembarked in 1977 the main reason being the unbearable sight of each other!
We sailed all of us in our own dubious and uncharted ways and now we are so far apart.
That we can now sail again in the same dhow, with all the extra kids and luggage(in the form of many many social problems therein in our countries) is far too optimistic.The boat is bound to run aground given the heavy load.
And mind you -the Captains, First Officers and crew are all in league with pirates!!!

Well put chief.
Let us cheerlead the others to get going. I can guarantee you that the system will crumble under the weight of wrangles, useless fights and the man-eat-man attitudes of our neighbors.
The East African boat sailed in the 1960's with all of us aboard.
We all disembarked in 1977 the main reason being the unbearable sight of each other!
We sailed all of us in our own dubious and uncharted ways and now we are so far apart.
That we can now sail again in the same dhow, with all the extra kids and luggage(in the form of many many social problems therein in our countries) is far too optimistic.The boat is bound to run aground given the heavy load.
And mind you -the Captains, First Officers and crew are all in league with pirates!!!

Sijui indoors waliongelea nini Arusha juzi! Yaani Kibaki, Kikwete, M7, Kagame, Nkuruzinza yaani wakiwa faragha..waliongea nini??

Ila walipotoka nje hawakuwa na furaha sana kama kawaida!

Read the benefit of EAC from Uganda President M-7's point of view, published today Saturday:

ENTEBBE, Uganda (AFP) – Africans must travel to the moon to investigate what developed nations have been doing in outer space, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni said Saturday.

"The Americans have gone to the moon. And the Russians. The Chinese and Indians will go there soon. Africans are the only ones who are stuck here," Museveni said, addressing a meeting of the Uganda Law Society in Entebbe.

"We must also go there and say: 'What are you people doing up here?'."
Museveni urged the assembly of Uganda's top lawyers to support East African integration, arguing that one of the region's goals should be to develop a space programme.

"Uganda alone cannot go to the moon. We are too small. But East Africa united can. That is what East African integration is all about," he said. "Then we can say to the Americans: 'What are you doing here all alone?'."

Museveni has vocally campaigned for a common East African economic and political zone.

Negotiations to establish a tariff free trade zone including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda have been ongoing for months.

Museveni on Saturday also called for enhanced political integration among the East African nations, suggesting the region would be strengthened by becoming one country.

M7 hana lolote ameshindwa kuanchia ngazi kidemokdrasia Ug!

Nothing to learn from him!

He is old enough he should now retire asije kuwa kama Mugabe!

Last edited:
.. Take an example; if I say that Tanzanians are illetrate, thats unkind because, though most of you have never seen the inside of a class, some of your are worth their salt education wise, so I cant come and lay claim that Tanzanians are uneducated, because a handful of you are.
You've just said so, though in a subtle way.

Back
Top Bottom