Diamond League 2011: Bolt win

Kibunango

Platinum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Beefed-up Bolt labours to win on reappearance

Pg-65-bolt-reuters_610197s.jpg

Pg-65-bolt-1-afp_610198s.jpg

Before settling into his starting blocks here last night, Usain Bolt flexed his new Popeye muscles and mouthed to the television camera: "Number one in the world. I'm ready." The fastest man in history was back on the track for the first time in nine months but for the vast majority of the 100-metre race in the annual Golden Gala gathering, the first stop in Europe on the 2011 IAAF Diamond League tour, the beefed-up Bolt was in danger of having sand kicked in his face.

Sluggish out of the blocks, it took the Jamaican until halfway to get close to his compatriot Asafa Powell and he had to grit his teeth and dig deep to mark his return with a victory. Even then, it was desperately close. Only in the final five metres did Bolt manage to edge in front, ultimately prevailing by 0.02sec in 9.91sec, with Powell second in 9.93sec and Frenchman Christophe Lemaitre third in 10.00sec

He crossed the line shaking his head. This was not the Lightning Bolt of old, the untouchable speed merchant who could afford to take his foot off the pedal, start celebrating 30m from the line and still win the Olympic final in world record time.

Still, it was a winning Bolt. When last seen in action, in Stockholm last August, he was beaten by Tyson Gay. The American will not have been daunted by what he saw last night but, then, some rust was only to have been expected – and Bolt's time, a disappointment by his freakish 9.58sec world record standard, did put him second in the world rankings, 0.01sec behind his fellow-countryman, whom he is scheduled to face over 100m at the Golden Spike meeting at Ostrava in the Czech Republic next Tuesday.

Question marks will remain over the state of the congenital back problem that caused Bolt to curtail his 2010 season after his loss to Gay in the Swedish capital. He has made three visits to Munich this year to consult Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt, the celebrated German sports doctor.

"I think over time it should be OK," Bolt said, after milking the applause of the crowd. "I got through my first race. I was so nervous. I got a bad start and then kind of started to panic. My coach will analyse the race. I was not proud of the race, but....

More at Independent

I watched it jana nite naona kama sio juhudi binafsi za bolt alikuwa asaf anachukua point zake 4 za diamond league kuendelea kuongoza ila bado Powell analead na Jumamosi ijayo pale Eugene naona Powell atarudi kwenye nafasi yake ya diamond ..yupo fit jana kapiga seasonal best ya 9.92s..

Bolt cruises...

Usain-Bolt-007.jpg
Usain Bolt delivered a stunning 200m victory at the Bislett Games on Thursday but Caster Semenya was outshone by unheralded Moroccan Halima Hachlaf in the women's 800m.

Bolt, the double world and Olympic champion and world record holder in both the 100 and 200m, was making his season's bow in the longer discipline, which he last raced in May 2010.

And the 24-year-old Jamaican did not disappoint, clocking a world lead time of 19.86 seconds in the fifth meet of the 14-leg Diamond League series.

Bolt, who set a world record time of 19.19sec when winning the 200m at the 2009 worlds in Berlin, showed little event rustiness, easing into the bend and hitting the back straight absolutely flying.

Starting in lane six, the Jamaican had caught compatriot Mario Forsythe on his outside within the first 15 metres, and in the final 80 metres there was no one to come close to the Jamaican.

Gambian-born Norwegian Jaysuma Saidy Ndure finished second on 20.43sec, with Forsythe taking third 0.06sec adrift.
Bolt said the race showed he "was not perfect but getting there".

"I was never out of business," he said in reference to some critics of his early-season form. "Business was just slow.

"It was my first 200m race in one year and one month, so I'm very happy with it and the fact I went under 20sec," Bolt added.

"That means I'm in pretty good shape although I still have technique to work on.

In the women's 800m, Hachlaf produced a formidable sprint finish down the home stretch to pip Semenya and second-placed Russian Mariya Savinova in a world lead time of 1min 58.27sec

But Semenya, who stormed to victory at the 2009 World Athletics Championships but was cast into limbo soon after until July 2010 because of allegations over her true gender, was happy with her performance.

Semenya started strongly but her flagging finish saw her time 1:58.61 for third place behind world indoor and European outdoor champion Savinova (1:58.44), both season's bests.

"I am happy with my time. Hachlaf was just too good," said Semenya.

"This is the road to the world championships (in Daegu in August) for me. I need to be strong and get back to normal. It's all part of experience. In the last 200m I need to run brave and not worry about the others."

She added: "My coach told me I should be brave and go into the front and try for a fast time.

"I fulfilled that and I'm satisfied with my time. Now I'm improving with every race and I think I can be much better than today later in the season."
Kenyan Paul Kipsiele Koech showed his rivals a clean pair of heels in running away with the men's 3000m steeplechase in a meet record and world lead time of 8:01.83.

Kiwi Valerie Adams also broke a 26-year-old stadium record in wrapping up the women's shot with a best of 20.26m, besting Belarusian Nadezhda Ostapchuk by 34cm.

Estonia's Olympic men's discus champion Gerd Kanter (65.14m) and Cuba's two-time world triple jump champion Yargelis Savigne (14.81m) both notched up their second Diamond League victories of the season.

Meseret Defar led a five-strong Ethiopian cleansweep of the women's 5000m, winning in a season's best of 14:37.32 in a sprint finish.

The "Dream Mile", usurped by Bolt's 200m as the traditional finale of the evening here, was won by Kenya's Olympic 1500m champion Absel Kiprop in 3:50.86.

RESULTS

Men's 200m
1. Usain Bolt (Jamaica) 19.86
2. Jaysuma Saidy Ndure (Norway) 20.43
3. Mario Forsythe (Jamaica) 20.49

SuperSporthttp://supersport.com/athletics/international/news/110609/Bolt_cruises_to_crushing_200m_victory

Kibunango naona jamaa anaendeleza ushindi tu ila ngoma wakikutana na Asafa Powell jumamosi sijui itakuwaje maana huyu jamaa naye mkali ingawa Bolt aliishamshinda.

Kibunango naona jamaa anaendeleza ushindi tu ila ngoma wakikutana na Asafa Powell jumamosi sijui itakuwaje maana huyu jamaa naye mkali ingawa Bolt aliishamshinda.

Kwa Asafa sina shaka ataweza kumbeat tena...! Mbio za mwaka huu zitakazokuwa na ushindani wa aina yake ni pale Bolt atakapokutana na Gay kule South Korea... Jamaa usiku wa leo katoa onyo kwa wafukuza upepo nanukuu hapa chini...

Tyson Gay sent a warning to his rivals that he still has plenty left in the tank after running the fastest 100 metres this year.
The American stopped the clock at 9.79 seconds in his first outing this year during a low-key meet in Florida but said he expected to go a lot faster once he was fully fit and training at maximum speed.

Kwa Asafa sina shaka ataweza kumbeat tena...! Mbio za mwaka huu zitakazokuwa na ushindani wa aina yake ni pale Bolt atakapokutana na Gay kule South Korea... Jamaa usiku wa leo katoa onyo kwa wafukuza upepo nanukuu hapa chini...
That's impressive huo muda wa 9.79 seconds naoana Tyson Gay ame-determine kumbeat mjamaica mwenzake ila inawezekana maana naona this time Tyson he's very eager to outshine Bolt

That's impressive huo muda wa 9.79 seconds naoana Tyson Gay ame-determine kumbeat mjamaica mwenzake ila inawezekana maana naona this time Tyson he's very eager to outshine Bolt
Gay bado ana hasira ya kuvunja rekodi ya Bolt....