Confidence crisis

Spear

JF-Expert Member
Jun 21, 2008
Confidence crisis: How the average overweight woman feels humiliated on a daily basis
Last updated at 10:53 AM on 3rd January 2011

article-0-01DF1941000004B0-967_233x461.jpg
Crisis of confidence: The average overweight woman feels humiliated in at least five everyday situations

She's aged between 45 and 54, has been married for 20 years, weighs 13 stone and three pounds, wears a size 18 dress, and experiences humiliation every day.

New research has found that the average overweight woman struggles with her emotions in at least five everyday situations.
A study of 2,257 people, of which 1,467 were deemed to be overweight, found that fat people experience a crisis of confidence when looking in the mirror and at holiday snaps, seeing old friends, trying clothes on in a shop, and getting dressed for a night out.
The YouGov survey, which was commissioned by weight loss group Slimming World, revealed that two-thirds of women in the UK fall into this weight category, meaning that these daily feelings of humiliation are widespread.
In contrast, the 790 people of a healthy weight who took part in the survey reported positive answers in every situation.
Slimming World spokeswoman Caryl Richards said: 'Mrs Average faces a constant daily battle with her emotions, as failed diets and a desperate desire to lose weight cause a crisis of confidence, turning a string of everyday situations into sources of embarrassment, humiliation and dread.'

The survey found men reported more positive responses like 'happy' and 'excited' in everyday situations, but still used the word 'fat' to express how they felt in two out of five circumstances.

To effectively lose weight, Ms Richards said a good support network was key.
'It's about tapping into the power of a group to positively influence individuals to make healthy new choices and lifestyle changes that are often too difficult to make on your own,' she said.

Mtu yeyote...mnene au mwembamba asiporidhika na muonekano wake lazima awe na lack of confidence!!Ujanja ni kujikubali au kufanyia kazi muonekano wake!

ooh well i wish i was size 18,i dont think i was going to feel humiliated..like now...mnh?!

Back
Top Bottom