Business Idea: Online Commission Argent (Advice Needed)

Ramthods

JF-Expert Member
Jun 2, 2009
Hello JF Members.

I believe this is the right section for my post - to share my business idea with the JF society which is enriched in a mix of skills, talents and knowledge.

Basically, I want to pursue a seemingly unique business opportunity, but not until I receive comments, opinions and views from you JF members.

I have written in brief the details below, but I would like you to be honest with your contributions - meaning your views should be truly why you think this idea is bad, or good as well as what you suggest could be done to enhance it.

My Idea
-----------

With the introduction of internet services, many of Tanzanians have had a chance to browse the world wide web, probably came across much cheaper and more attractive merchandise in various online stores, especially in US, UK etc.

But the question is: If you see something more genuine, cheaper and more attractive sold somewhere in US or UK store, why don't you go ahead and buy it? And when I say cheaper, I mean the displayed price + shipping and handling charges could out bit a local price somewhere in Town!

I know the answer is - we don't have the means! Yes, you obviously need to have a credit card, a good online experience, knowledge of the risks of buying online as well as shipping mechanics + local import and custom duties and taxes.

Seems like you need to have a good experience before you start buying online, which is actually where my idea was born!

What I wanna do is establish a small business firm, probably a 2 people team to start with (actually I am one of them) with good experience in online purchasing and shipping things. Our service is to provide Tanzanians with the means to purchase merchandise online with confidence, without bearing the associated risks. In return, our clients pay us commission for each item they buy through us.

We can make our commission very low, reasonable enough not to hike up prices significantly.

For example, I recently broke my IBM Lenovo laptop screen which was so hard to get a replacement for. I was about to pay 250$ to order a new one abroad. This is according to one electronic shop I happened to visit in town.

I am quite sure several of you might have come across such circumstances - wanting something so much you wish you could buy it online.

Fortunately I got stuck on a screen at eBay, sold at $50. I used my credit card and paid the supplier another $40 for shipping it to TZ. My computer got back to life again, and it is the same I use to share with you this idea.

I wounder how many Tanzania would be able to do that! But I am sure some are out there, and would very much like to buy something online; unfortunately enough, there is no way the can do it.

Providing such people with necessary means can guarantee us a constant inflow into our accounts.

Please share with me the pro and cons about the idea!

Last edited:
This service exists already, you send the money to them through Western Union/TT etc and they buy and ship the product to you. Will try to dig up the website.
Maybe you can do it better or cheaper I don't know.

good idea man!!, will u be doing it from tz?? . i gather you managed to use debit card for online purchase as you was in tz , it only worked when you was there for short stay. correct me if i'm wrong, none of the banks there (tz)offer the debit card service.

A lot of banks offer Debit Card service. Exim even offers a Credit Card of sorts.

This service exists already, you send the money to them through Western Union/TT etc and they buy and ship the product to you. Will try to dig up the website.
Maybe you can do it better or cheaper I don't know.

Yes, I know several of this companies exist but they have their bases somewhere else not in TZ. Sending money through Western Union is expensive, and the buyer will have to bear the cost.

My plan is to do it from TZ. You just come to my office and pay equivalent TZ or USD - whatever is easier for you. Or do a cash deposit onto my account.

good idea man!!, will u be doing it from tz?? . i gather you managed to use debit card for online purchase as you was in tz , it only worked when you was there for short stay. correct me if i'm wrong, none of the banks there (tz)offer the debit card service.

Definitely! I plan to do it from TZ which should make the service a lot cheaper for people here!

Concerning credit card, things are bit different nowadays. Credit and debit cards are available from local Banks. Exim Banks have a MasterCard credit card.

Standard Chartered have both Credit and Debt card versions of VISA.

CRDB offers VISA Electron which is a debit card.

I use CRDB, their services are very cheap and the best of all. They give you online banking account for 30,000 Tsh one time fee. No monthly fees, and you can do transfers, check balance, transaction history e.t.c e.t.c right from your computer.

CRDB VISA Electron works seamlessly with PayPal and MoneyBookers, which are acceptable nearly everywhere. I couldn't get my Standard Chartered VISA card to work with PayPal. So I closed my account, also because there were charging me $10 monthly - which to me was kinda bullshit.

i had same idea but was specific on buying cheap used cars from japan... if you still not yet started... lets do it..

my dial 0713774746 (whatsapp pia)