Are you the wealthiest man in the world?

pistmshai

JF-Expert Member
Dec 12, 2016
Since I would not sell my legs, eyes or even my hearing for $1B , doesn't that leave me with something more valuable than $1B, hence a very wealthy man?

Hebu soma kwanza hiki kisa, ujifunze kitu!

Two economists were arguing over economic models while walking on the road. Things were getting heated when they walked past a pile of shit. One of them saw and screamed "I'll offer you $500 million to eat that pile of shit! What does your model say to that?"

The other economist took out his model and did his calculations. The result was clear: eat! So he ate, and the first economist cut him a check.

After a few steps, both began regretting, because one of them just lost most of his net worth and the other was questioning his own life's meaning. Then they saw another pile of shit. The second economist said "I'll give you $500 million to eat that pile of shit! What does your model say to that?"

The first economist took out his model and did his calculations, and like the first time, the result was clear: eat! So he ate, and got his money back. The second economist got some satisfaction of balance out of this.

Then both began to cry: neither gained anything, but they both ate shit. How could this be?

They went back to their professor and asked. The professor began crying, and through tears he says, "I thank you on behalf of our country! All you did was eat two piles of shit and our GDP increased by $1 billion!"

Your "wealth" is only a meaningless number if you can't convert it, and, depending on what you convert it for, it may still only be worth as much as eating two piles of shit.

Back
Top Bottom