Another double for Mo'

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
[h=1]Mo Farah becomes father to twin girls[/h]Double gold medal winner's wife, Tania, gives birth just under two weeks after Farah won his second Olympic title

Twin-girls-for-Olympics-h-010.jpg
Mo Farah celebrating winning the Men's 10,000m final with his wife, Tania, three weeks ago Photograph: John Giles/PA

Double Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah became father to twin girls on Friday.
Farah became a national hero after becoming the first Briton to win the 10,000m distance event, later adding another gold in the 5,000m race.
His wife, Tania, who was pictured heavily pregnant in the stadium cheering her husband on alongside daughter Rihanna, before rushing onto the track to embrace him, gave birth just under two weeks after her husband's second triumph when he won the 5,000m title.

Farah said that his wife gave birth in London on Friday and that he had been present.
"My wife has been holding on so long and it's great that she held on this long and didn't give birth on the track [at the Olympics]," he said at a press conference on Saturday morning.

Asked to compare fatherhood to wining Olympic gold, he said: "It's completely different. It's out of your control, it was weird, but as a father I'm very proud. To have three kids in the family is going to be exciting."

He added: "If my wife has another two more twins boys, I'll be a happy man. It runs in the family, so maybe that's why we're having twins."
He added that Rihanna was "very excited" by the new arrivals.
They have yet to decide on names, he said, but he planned to get their names inscribed onto the medals once they have.

Asked whether he had shown the newborns his medals, he said: "No I didn't, but they are waiting.
"I am actually going to get their names on it, once we've figured out something with the medals - one on each. And then whatever one was born first gets the 10,000m and the other gets the 5,000m one."

A visibly excited Farah, who is due to race on Sunday in the Aviva Birmingham Grand Prix, told Sky News: "My wife gave birth to two little beautiful girls. It is very exciting." It was "great news" but Farah would not immediately be with his wife. "No, no, no, I've got a race tomorrow, haven't I," he said.

Farah's double victory made him the first Briton to win two gold medals in track events since Dame Kelly Holmes in 2004. His victory also led to his celebratory gesture of putting his hands on his head being coined the "Mobot".

After the Olympics, Farah joined David Cameron and other political leaders and sporting stars in Downing Street at the "hunger summit", to discuss the issue of global malnutrition.

Back
Top Bottom