After raiding Ruto's backyard, Nasa takes rallies to Mt Kenya

Dr. Job

JF-Expert Member
Jan 22, 2013

nasa-meru_0.jpg

NASA Principal and ODM leader Raila Odinga addressing a crowd at Timau trading centre Meru County on Monday Febraury 27, 2017. Photo/ Emmanuel Wanson

Nasa leaders began a tour of Mt Kenya regions on Monday to meet the people and tell them about the Opposition coalition.

Cord leader Raila Odinga said they will visit Meru county on Monday and Tharaka Nithi on Tuesday.

"They will put us on the weighing scale and gauge who they will vote for," Raila said at Wilson Airport on Monday.

"We will address issues that affect Kenya and outline what we intend to do to improve lives."

Nasa will also visit Timau and Maua regions ahead of the August 8 general election.

Nasa brings together Raila, who is also ODM leader, Kalonzo Musyoka (Wiper), Moses Wetang'ula (Ford Kenya) and Musalia Mudavadi (Amani National Congress).

The leaders have been touring areas perceived to be Jubilee strongholds to marshal support ahead of the poll. They started their onslaught in Eldoret on Saturday following the official signing of their agreement.

In DP William Ruto's backyard, the Opposition leaders told supporters that their alliance was the better alternative.

Raila said they took the rally there to ensure the 'stronghold' narrative is changed.

"I think we don't have Jubilee or Cord strongholds anymore. Kenyans have moved on since 2013. Nasa is a completely different animal. We want to make our assessment," he said.

Jubilee Party and the Opposition have been racing against time to win support from different regions.

Raila has been keen on reaping big from the political fallout between Ruto and a number of his allies including Bomet Governor Isaac Rutto and Kanu's call to support Uhuru's reelection.

Rift Valley voted overwhelmingly for Raila, who was the ODM presidential flag bearer in 2007, but in the 2013 election, the ground shifted, with Raila garnering few votes in the region.

"The elections will tell us the reality on the ground. We should stop classifying regions as Jubilee or Cord strongholds," Raila said.

During the Saturday rally, Raila said the Jubilee government has failed in ensuring that Kenyans have enough to eat by ignoring farmers in North rift.

"We are here to show that Eldoret is the headquarter of North Rift and the breadbasket of Kenya. It is sad that the Jubilee government continues to fail Kenyans starting with the DP's home area," he said.

{PHOTOS} NASA receives rousing welcome in Eldoret, says their force unstoppable

1513811_1.jpg

ODM leader Raila Odinga arriving at the 64 Stadium. MATHEWS NDANYI

1513809.jpg

Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka addressing NASA supporters at the 64 stadium. Mathews Ndanyi

1513808_1.jpg

NASA leaders Raila Odinga, Moses Wetangula and Kalonzo Musyoka. Mathews Ndanyi

{PHOTOS} NASA receives rousing welcome in Eldoret, says their force unstoppable

1513811_1.jpg

ODM leader Raila Odinga arriving at the 64 Stadium. MATHEWS NDANYI

1513809.jpg

Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka addressing NASA supporters at the 64 stadium. Mathews Ndanyi

1513808_1.jpg

NASA leaders Raila Odinga, Moses Wetangula and Kalonzo Musyoka. Mathews Ndanyi

The words people use to describe the meager rallies of NASA, you can just lough, If such a rally in Eldoret can be described as "storming"!! Hhhhhh! This are just desperation for relevance!! Other parties have not even started campaigns, you can imagine, how NASA is desperate!! What will they campaign on when other parties now start campaigning??? Is like me running 100M relay with Hussein bolt, he will give me 20 seconds to start first before he starts and he will still pass me!!

Rally numbers never reflect the election outcome. People will always come to see you, ata kama wewe ni the Mong'are guy.

Wait for the election results oune Central Uhuru akiwa na 98% kama kawaida. And that is the biggest single voting block in Kenya. So the numbers are serious.

Even those who turned up for the rally were chanting Jubilee slogans, only that the media never covered them. The videos are all over social media.

Mchuano mkali sana aisee safari hii.Nawaombea kwa Mungu uchaguzi uende salama ila hizi siasa zinanishangaza. Hizi siasa nazilinganisha na maji ya baharini. Eti maji ya baharini yaliyochotwa Mombasa yanaringia maji yaliyochotwa Lamu kwamba mimi wa Mombasa ni bora zaidi! Siasa bwana!
Wafuasi wa NASA na Jubilee nendeni kwa uangalifu sana maana hakuna Kenya ingine ya kuhamia mambo yakienda vibaya.

The words people use to describe the meager rallies of NASA, you can just lough, If such a rally in Eldoret can be described as "storming"!! Hhhhhh! This are just desperation for relevance!! Other parties have not even started campaigns, you can imagine, how NASA is desperate!! What will they campaign on when other parties now start campaigning??? Is like me running 100M relay with Hussein bolt, he will give me 20 seconds to start first before he starts and he will still pass me!!

Wipers have already moved on their way and more ODM members defecting to Kalonzo's party!!

Wipers have already moved on their way and more ODM members defecting to Kalonzo's party!!
I don't like speculations, but it seems, Wiper is not comfortable in the coalition, i saw their statement on joint nominations and it speaks a lot of discontent

Back
Top Bottom