Simulizi ya Vita: SHADOWS OF WATER (Maji Maji)

mBONEASenior

Feb 4, 2023
CHAPTER 1

South Tanganyika, Early 1899

An early morning, I think it was probably way too early than usual for me since the sun was barely out and shining through the thick tree that surrounded our village made up of probably fewer than fifteen households living in straw houses with foundations of strong mud.

“Brother Ndwaniya! Good morning!” I heard the soothing sound of my young sister, Nakai, as she was also up and about holding a broom to start sweeping out near our home.

“Oh! Good morning, Nakai! Did you sleep well?” I asked as I walked towards her in that faint darkness that anytime soon would be swallowed by the rising sun.

“Yes!” she answered as she dropped her broom and hugged me. She was wearing her usual hand-made style of clothes that hid her breasts and around her waist. “Brother! I think I will tell father to stop sending you out on heavy missions.”

“And why is that?” I asked her gently with a swift smile as she let me go and picked her broom. I can’t say I’m not blessed. My young sister’s about to enter nineteen, two years younger than me, and her figure, it was mind-blowing. I feel sorry for the guys around the village who tried their luck with her and got painfully rejected since she was seriously hating men who had zero friendships with her brother.

“You are gaining way more muscles every day! I am afraid whoever you are going to marry will have a hard time every night!” with a giggle followed by cringy words is always her favorite style.

“Hey, now! That is not fair!” I said as I held her tightly by the shoulders and pressed her on my chest! “I think the guy who’s going to marry you will suffer from a heart attack if you make jokes that stimulate sexual drive!”

A silent of a moment as we stared at each other. “Kuhahahahahaa! Brother, that was so accurate!” we laughed so hard that tears started to fall out! This was our daily morning alarm to know that we are both health and we are not sick. It was like a ceremony to us since others never understood.

“Anyway! I’ll be going out to hunt!” I said as I walked by the door and since our houses are closer to each other since it’s a new tradition to separate males and females, I picked my blade and few arrows with a bow.

“What’s for today? Please tell me it’s meat!”

“Yes! How did you know!?” I asked as if surprised.

“What do you mean how did I know? You are holding a blade and a bow and arrows! Are you going to hunt grasses with those?” She swiftly smiled as if holding her laughter. “Anyone would know you are hunting meat!”

“Hahahaha! Alright then. See you later!” I turned and started walking towards the gate out our village. “Oh! And tell dad that he needs to talk to the chief since I forgot to tell him yesterday!”

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll tell him!” With a handwave she said and I left. “You could at least carry your coat (usually a piece of hard skin that was usually worn by tying it around the neck down). That cloth around your waist is getting smaller! Ahahaha!”

We called our village Mtelle. It is quite small for a village with a chief compared to other villages that surrounded ours. We never enjoy too much interactions with other villages and tribes.

As the sun was starting to penetrate through the vast trees, I approached the end of the forest and came out around the bushes that were quite vast and full of animals.

“Well, todays meat is simply lying around!” I just got down near a tree and lied down waiting for some time to pass before I go back to the village.

Food was never scarce and it was always available. I can’t say it was the same for water but it was accessible as long as the women went to fetch it by the river.

“I hope Nakai is getting through that old man. He’s very stubborn. I guess age is catching up to him!” I said to myself closed my eyes after making sure the animals that were around, probably the Swala(Impala) would not run away since I had my eyes on it. The next thing I knew I was fast asleep.

“You need to get up!” I heard this voice saying in my ears. “Wake up right now!” It kept on insisting but I wouldn’t wake up. My entire body felt extremely heavy, and my eyes couldn’t open. “WAKE UP!”

My eyes opened impulsively and as I was in awe the very first thing, I saw was a humongous snake wrapping itself around my body. It was huge enough the width of the ‘Mbuyu (Baobab tree)’ with color nearly dark green with lightly dark blue.

My breath was cutting short. The choking pressure of its presence increased that blood started drooping down my nose the moment it turned its gigantic head towards me. My head was ringing so hard and I couldn’t even move my hands that were cramped with my body by scales.

Its eyes were yellow with dilating pupils that were straight and black like a thorn tree. Its stare was suffocating and fierce. It felt like it was piercing my heart but at the same time not hungry of me.

“You are very strong, human!” it spoke to me, and I couldn’t believe my ears nor my existence as important anymore. “I am extremely impressed that you managed to meet my gaze!”

Immediately, I realized that where I was, was no longer the world that I knew of! I tried to turn my eyes away from its stare but I couldn’t even blink. I tried to speak but I couldn’t. I tried to move and still I knew my struggle would be futile in front of a mighty being like this.

“You need not worry, human! sitakudhuru! Your tribe is the only one that is providing me with enough existential power to sustain my presence and keep you safe!”

The way this snake spoke to me with such a heavy suppressing voice immediately made me realize that it was the spirit that we pray to and make sacrifice to every full moon! Our guardian, the spirit HONGO. I always thought that the shaman of our village and the chief who started the tradition of giving offerings and dance and pray to an entity no one has ever seen was just their way to unite the village. But right now, I am doubting the thought that it was never true was my own way of denying its existence.

“You cannot speak right now because I don’t have enough existential power to allow us to speak. The medium that you call ‘The Shaman’ is the only human that I can speak to freely since I share her life-force.”

Its gaze was frightening so much that I felt like I was going to die. I knew that it had no intention of harming me but since I was not the medium I wasn’t able to help it.

“I am extremely sorry that I am making you feel such pain but I had no other choice than to hold you directly with my body so that I could speak with you since you are not my medium.” It closed its eyes and suddenly the pressure that was piercing me and making me feel like my heart was being removed subdued and a relief entered me.

“Lengo la kukuleta hapa ni ili niweze kukuonya mjiandae na dhoruba inayokuja.” It said with its eyes still closed and tilted its head to the left allowing my eyes to move with it. “mtaakumbwa na matatizo makaubwa, mazito, njaa kali na juu ya yote, kifo! (You will face extreme hardness, terrible hunger and aloof of it, death!)”

The things that I saw that were behind it at an extreme distance from where we were was a humongous dark cloud that beat with purple lightning that made the surface under it tremble with molten fire eating the surface approaching towards us.

“There is still time, but I am not sure of the possibility of your people ever avoiding it!” huge lightning that sounded quite differently than usual hit the ground. Its sound was totally frightening but it was not the sound of thunder or lightning. It was a bit different and had a ring to it and I knew that whatever that was, was not good and already began in other places or possibly villages that were the same to ours.

“I am extremely happy to have been able to communicate with you even if it was one sided!” it said with a gloomy voice that in itself sounded like an eruption.

“I wish there was enough time for us but there is not! Once you wake up, tell the shaman about everything that I have shared with you. This might be the last time that I ever speak to one of the people I protect and love. Tell them to keep their faith of me and belief so that I do not vanish, and I can keep protecting you!”

I looked at it even though I knew there is no way I can make any reaction more than the pain I am currently feeling but I knew it was sincere to every word it said, and I felt the guilt and sadness it was emitting from within like it was sharing a piece of itself with me.

“Goodbye! I hope that we see each other again!” those were the last words I heard and the next thing I realize is me waking up with enough pain to make a person die instantly.

As I was in shock and looking around, the ‘swala’ was lying on top of me as if placed with a blade through its guts and was making it hard for me to move my body until I forced it off of my body. It had not been too long since the sun was approaching upon the top of my head.

I was beyond mesmerized.

“Was the experience I just had a dream? but then if it was, my eyes wouldn’t have been wet with tears and blood that was coming out of my nose to have been there. And again, if what the Spirit said to me truly is the future, does that mean, the end is coming? Then I need to go to the shaman immediately!”

But before that! “When did this ‘Swala’ get killed?” I don’t know what is happening anymore. Did I kill it? “The hell?” Isn’t this my blade? This is too much! I can’t understand this!

I carried the ‘Swala’ around my neck from the back and walked with it back to the village. Throughout the way I was only thinking about what just happened. With my little ability to comprehend the entire situation including the free meat that was hunted by my blade without me knowing was beyond my thinking capability. I don’t even understand the bleeding part. “I don’t have a wound anywhere nor do I feel the pain I felt when I was in the dream. My whole body is perfectly fine! What the heck?”

“I’m back!” I said after entering the shadow made by the house where father was sitting with two guests as I gestured to my young sister to help me get the ‘swala’ down from my back.

The faces of surprise they were making were quite exquisite to look at. They were staring way too much at my body which I came to realize was bathed with so much blood that my skin turned red.

“It isn’t my blood!” I said so that they would at least their expressions and I looked at my sister who was still seated staring at me with those big, beautiful eyes of hers.

“Help, please!” I said to her, then he stood from where she was sitting just below the chair my father was sitting on and walked towards me.

“Hey, what happened to you? You turned red with all the blood on you.” She exclaimed after we had the animal put down at the ground a few feet from where father and the guests were sitting.

“I don’t think there will be anyone who is capable of believing me even if I tell them more than the shaman.” I said feeling down with so much confusion and trying to unwrap the things that happened.

“Well then, I am listening to what happened with your meeting!” the voice of an old woman that was very familiar to my ears passed through my ears and as I raised my eyes to look at whom it was, my eyes met with the eyes of the shaman sitting across with my father and her husband, the chief.

“I am extremely sorry for not recognizing your presence, or holy one. I apologize to the village chief for not recognizing your presence too!” I said as politely as I could with my head bent slightly to show respect as a greeting.

“Don’t worry about it Ndwaniya. It is okay!” It was the voice of the village chief, Nkondta who smiled at me since to me he was like a grandfather.

“So, tell us what fateful event happened to you for you to return covered blood.” The shaman, Lady Gumbiro, said as she looked at me with a smile although that look translated to me as “I know what happened to you.”

“Um, I do not think it is appropriate for me to do so with the way I am. May I ask to be granted a few minutes to get the blood off my body?” I asked politely hopping that if they agree I go arrange my thoughts straight.

“No, it’s okay! You are in no way filthy to our eyes since you grew on our arms!” Were the words of Lady Gumbiro.

‘I guess it was wishful thinking’. This old lady seems to know what happened. Maybe she will make the others believe me.

So, I started explaining to them everything that went down. From the moment I felt asleep under the tree, to when I met with the snake spirit HONGO, to the things that the spirit showed me and told me.

I myself felt like I turned into a story teller but that was what happened to me and they were jaw-broken by the things that I said. Their mouths were wide open unable to believe the things I was spewing. Even my old man looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

I explained to the moment I woke up and found myself bleeding, with the swala that I was carrying stabbed to death lying on top of my body. I explained with so much emphasis that I did not kill the ‘swala’ but when I woke up it was lying on my stomach with my blade in its guts.

“Wow, I think brother Ndwaniya just lost it!” Nakia said with a face that said ‘did a lion chase after my brother while he was hunting?’

“Well, I don’t expect you to believe me since I don’t even believe it myself! Hahaha” I said feeling extremely embarrassed with myself. My father with his hand on his beard just looked at me without saying a word and then turned his head to the shaman.

“So, what you are saying is that the guardian spirit Hongo told you to warn us that something very bad is going to happen to our village and that there is a possibility that there is nothing we can do about it, right?”

That was a pretty accurate summary from the village chief! How did he do that?

“What do you think Lady Gumbiro!” my father alleged to the shaman as everyone turned their heads to her to listen to her answer.

She looked at me with extreme fierce eyes as if assessing what I said. “Guardian spirit Hongo is extremely kind to her people! What did she look like to you when she was saying all those things to you?” she exclaimed the question towards the me covered in blood all over my body.

“First, she was extremely sorry by the way she pulled me through the dream…!”

“Spirit world. It was the spirit world not a dream!” the shaman interrupted me by those words to correct me.

“Yes, the spirit world. She looked extremely strong different from her words that her existential power was weaker and that she wished that we pray more with faith so that she gains more power to fight the bad karma that is coming towards us.” I spoke.

It felt like I was being extremely sincere as if something in my heart touched me and made me fall in kindness of the spirit. I wanted to say the way she made me feel so much pain when she was holding me but I couldn’t. It was like I felt regret that she let me wake up from the dream and return. As I was explaining to the shaman, I felt extreme pleasure praising the Spirit more than I could imagine.

“Although the dark green skin was very tough it was soft at the same time like the skin of a baby. I know that I was feeling immense pain when she was holding me due to the pressure she was emitting as a spirit but I think if I was to ever get a chance to meet her again, I would not want to let go of her grasp on me!” a sudden silent fell upon everyone.

The stares they were giving me were full of astonishment and amazement. It was like I myself was not guilty of everything I said no matter how embarrassing it was to speak of the words.

“My dear grandson!” Lady Gumbiro said with a pleasant smile on her face. “You are so lucky!” Then tears started dripping down her eyes.

“What do you mean?” I asked with a surprise as to why she was crying, even the chief and father were surprised as to why she was crying with a smile.

“That is exactly how I explained the experience I first had with Lady Hongo when she summoned me to the spirit world!” she said as she sobbed while trying to wipe her tears off her face.

“Did you feel that pleasant feeling through your heart when you were telling us about her right now? That lovely texture of her skin tightening your body as if gently caressing you at the same time?” she exclaimed with a huge smile on her face.

I did feel what she is saying that I felt. It was so eye opening having someone understand what I was saying. Does that mean that it was really real? Everything I experienced in the morning was real?

CHAPTER 2

“Hey!” Nakai called at me with a calm voice as she was scrubbing my back that had the blood of the swala. I probably knew that she was a little bit sad and downhearted that her brother was now a shaman capable of communicating with spirits that told him their future is in utter shit.

“Tell me.” I replied feeling my sister’s hands on my back with a straw brush scrubbing me so gently that I barely felt the harshness of the straws.

“At least now you won’t be going out to pick wood. You are getting extremely ripped right now!” she said with a funny tone that made me surprised that I nearly fell down sideways off the ‘kigoda (a very short traditional chair/stool/seat)’ that I was sitting on.

It was already nearing night and the fire that we lit helped her wash the blood that had dried off my body.

“Hey! You surprised me! I nearly fell off!” I said trying to pour the water that was on the ‘chungu (a traditional pot)’ in front of me at her. “And what do you mean I won’t be going out to get firewood or hunt? Of course, I’ll keep doing what I have always been doing as a man of our family including finding meat that you love so much!”

“Hahaha! Now that is what I wanted to hear. You need to always go out and catch some good meat. And the next time you come back you’ll find Naniwa all ready for you.” With an exaggerated laughter she said as she tried to pull my hair off my head.

“Hey! It’s not like Naniwa loves me to agree to such a thing!” I said to her. Sincerely speaking, Naniwa is quite a pretty lady. She’s got the good curves and I like her voice and the way she speaks. I can’t say I’ve never been attracted to her. “At least she is not as noisy as you!”

BOINK!

“Hey, what the heck? Why did you hit me for?” I was so surprised since she hit me with the kigoda that she placed the straw brush on top of.

“What do you mean she is not as noisy as me? Are you saying that if I stop being noisy you’ll marry your own sister?” when I turned to look at her as she was speaking and although it was about to completely turn dark, I felt that she was sad about what I just said.

“Nakai! You know that I love you too much for me to marry you right?” in fact, to us, it is quite possible to marry your own sister but me and Nakai are not related by blood.

I was brought into her family when I was just about to start to walk by her father and turned out to be loved as if I was completely blood related and ever since we were told that we were never related by blood, she changed completely and has been showing different feelings towards me.

“I will be your brother always but I don’t think if I can get that deep with you.” I said it like that so that she doesn’t get extremely emotional and drag this idea of hers to her father since I am very sure father will totally agree with it.

“Ok! Whatever you say!” she whispered feeling down as she placed her hands at me.

“Well! Let’s finish this and go enjoy my inauguration then we’ll continue this talk some other day!” I said to her as I held her shoulders before she starts crying and I can’t calm her down.

“Okay!” she said and sobbed a little then laughed sadly as if to let the mood change before it becomes unbearable for her. “Now, let me get this blood off your packed-up chest. Wow, you’re totally going to make Naniwa enjoy the rest of her life. I’m jealous!”

“Hey, now stop!” I said as she laughed happily.

Later after we were done, we went to the center of the village where we usually perform celebrations every month so that the inauguration could take place.

Everyone was very excited after the story of what I had faced and explained spread throughout the village. The households of our village are hugely compacted with family members since the first generation of whom we call the founding fathers to the fourth generation and their children.

The first generation were very few who were still alive. Probably around less than five of them and they were all just seated since they couldn’t even move freely due to old age.

The rest of the generations were very active, drinking the beer we called Gongo (traditional liquor in old Tanganyika). It was quite the exquisite beverage if I say so myself.

The fireworks that were emitted by the bonfire were huge that it felt like it was an anniversary of the village chief. the night sky was beautiful too. Women wore their own hand-made designs of clothes with the kids too. They covered their breasts and the abdomen down with leopard’s skins.

Men wore the piece that covered round their abdomens with skins of male lions that they purchased from the nearby villages with the chief’s most prideful colored pieces of clothes that were given to him by the late chief who got it from his long travels from the south.

The way their bodies were built, I would beg to differ with my sister who claimed I was the most well-built man in the village. I bet they don’t even feel the cold.

“I would like to give my deepest gratitude to our Guardian deity, the Spirit of our tribe, Lady Hongo, for granting us this honor of having another medium for our prayers to reach her faster than before.” The shaman shouted as she threw her arms out staring at the fire.

It made the people very energetic that they shouted so loud with happiness that I felt like all the drums and the music that was being played not close to that noise.

“Ndwaniya, our child has been granted the ability to direct our prayers to the spirit directly. The moment you pray with your faith directed to the spirit, your prayers will be granted faster than it was before.”

“How! So, having two shamans increases the blessings towards our village, right?” one of the villagers sitting just across from where me and my sister were seated said to his friend with a lot of excitement in his eyes as they looked at me.

“Then, does that mean the troubles of having to wait for the rain one whole year will decrease, right?” The other one enthusiastically replied with a question on top, still giving me the eye as if I’ve become the deity herself.

“So, let us always keep our prayers to our deity alone and have our lives bettered by her! Praise the Deity!” the shaman shouted ardently as they replied the same devotedly shouting the guardian’s name out loud as the drums and music and singing continued.

“Wow, they are very hyped!” I said to Lady Gumbiro who then came to her seat close to me.

“That is how they should celebrate, is it not?” She asked frivolously as she received the cup of Gongo that I held to her after I took a few sips.

“why did you lie about the bad imminent danger that was given to me by the deity?” I asked since I personally was very curious if it was good to not tell them about it.

“I did not lie!” she said after she swallowed the sip off the cup of Gongo with a chill of joy that accompanied the taste of it. “I just did not tell it to them. That is not a lie.”

She looked at me, and then passed the cup to me and said. “The life of man is simply not his to do as he or she pleases. We are simply given the freedom to chose our paths from a particular point and follow it as laid down to us by the heavens.”

“Going against that path is what we call doing evil since the heavens always chooses what is best for man!” Lady Gumbiro looked at the men and women dancing happily to the drums and flutes played by the musicians as they danced around the fire praising the Deity happily.

“Simply put, me telling them the good news of Lady Hongo talking to you directly helps us to at least reduce the speed of whatever danger that is waiting for us in the near future by increasing her spiritual strength and existential power to combat the evil from approaching.”

“Do you understand? We are just buying more time until her plans reach fruition. We just have to believe in her!” she said with a smile on her wrinkled face.

I don’t know how or why, but I felt her true meaning to why she even tried to comfort me on false hope. Doing this will not affect whatever is going to face us.

“And you are quite the capable young man to manage to stand your ground without dying after meeting Her!”

“What do you mean without dying?”

Eh? Do you mean I was supposed to die? That was the very definition of being extremely surprised and terrified at the same time.

“Everyone that I know whom failed to make a connection with any deity that I know of, died by first blood coming out from their nose, then tears that later turn into blood follow and certain death.”

“The hell?” I was so surprised but I just couldn’t get angry that I was about to die if I couldn’t withstand her pressure!

“Dying in such a way is quite the luxury to anyone who did so.” Lady Gumbiro said with a smile as she then took another sip of the liquor in the cup.

“What do you mean?” I asked wanting to know.

“That is a straight path to the heavens with no judgement! Your body would be buried in the most respectable way possible since your mind came in contact with a divine being. That joy exceeds the pain itself.”

So that’s why I felt extreme peace under all that confusion when I woke up earlier. I think if it was anything else, then I would have died with a fried mind!

“So, just enjoy this day to the fullest. It won’t hurt, right?” she said as she looked at me with a smile on her face.

‘Yeah! Let the heavens handle it. I am but a mere man.’ I said to myself since there was totally no way of knowing what the future was going to hold.

Running away was already out of option as a solution since I was already tied down as a communicator between the people of the village and the deity.

Several months later

A few days passed by with nothing new happening but I have to say things got a lot better in the village. I don’t know if it was because of all the prayers that people have been giving out lately with the number of lambs given as sacrifices every once a week, but life got a lot easier for sure.

The tribes and villages that were once not very friendly towards us nor did they ever want to do any barter exchange became friendlier and more positive towards us. Inter-marriage between the villages became more welcomed in other villages.

Even one of my friends who had a secret lover with a woman from the adversary village across the river, their marriage was accepted with open hands by both our villages.

“Brother, don’t you think outside relations and exchange have become more, how do I put it...?” Nakai said as we were sitting outside our father’s house on the shade of the nearby tree.

“Happily involved! Successful? Or maybe, prosperous will better fit the description.” I said to her as she looked at me with that beautiful face of hers.

“Yes! The men have been getting more meat more easily than usual. The women have been energetic with their weaving that the women from other villages want to exchange every cloth we make.” She said with a happy smile on her.

“My daughter, it has been more than five full moons since your brother became a shaman, of course the story about a village with two shamans and how it is becoming prosperous-as your brother said, will of course spread wide.” Our father alleged with a proud face as he was speaking to us.

“Well, I can’t argue with that! I’m so happy to have a shaman brother.” She said as she smiled so happily it radiated across the shade. “But brother, you haven’t entered the spirit world not even once since then. Is that okay?”

I also wonder why, since the prayers have increased the faith of the villagers, doesn’t that mean that Lady Hongo got more stronger and her existential power has grown?

“Well, Lady Gumbiro said that it is okay since my fateful encounter with the Deity was supposed to have me in a grave but since I survived, I will need to get more healthier before we meet again!”

“That makes sense, since you might die if she happens to summon you to the spirit world again! And lady Gumbiro has been very busy nowadays. Is it because…” Nakai slowly lowered her voice as she moved closer to me to whisper, “Is it because of the bad impending future you said to us?”

“I think so too. I think since her spirit power is stronger than mine, she is trying to look if there is any change to our imminent future.” I said to her as our father looked quite in a predicament since he was extremely worried about us and the village.

“There is no point pouting about it since no matter how much we think about it, there is no way for us to alter whatever is going to happen, right?” I said so that I could lighten the mood and let things go as they were.

The days kept on passing by without any eventful thing happening. Life was peaceful and there was no problem for over a whole year. We totally even forgot that there was a terrible prediction that the deity gave to us.

Lady Gumbiro even proved to me that the deity’s strength was returning the more prayers we made and the stronger our faith got.

She managed to connect me to the spirit world and managed to see the deity even though it was for a short moment and couldn’t communicate.

I know I was supposed to tell Lady Gumbiro of the clouds that I am very sure got closer to the deity’s domain than the last time I saw them, but I just couldn’t.

There was no way to stop them from approaching. Our prayers did make the deity’s domain expand and her existential power stronger but that was just it. Whatever was made to happen was going to happen no matter what.

Late 1901

“You are now, husband and wife.” How did it end like this? I am pretty sure I never had feelings for her.

A round of applause and drums that got heated as leaves and branches of one of our sacred trees were being thrown all over the ground outside our home. I was sure that this was never going to happen. I guess it was also wishful thinking of me. I’ve been having way too many wishful thoughts in my small head.

This happy environment where people were moving around enormously emotional and full of immeasurable joy with our half naked clothes jumping around like drunk monkeys was the wedding of me who is supposed to be a brother and my young beautiful, gorgeous little sister, Nakai.

---A few weeks ago---​

“Ndwaniya, my son!” my father said as he looked at me with very serious eyes. I thought Lady Hongo had descended into my father’s body. His piercing eyes were terrifying.

I was just back from hunting with the other guys and decided to go pay my respects to father since I usually wake up way earlier than him. And beside him inside his house was Nakai sitting down on the ‘Mkeka (a straw matt used by traditional African tribes)’ blushing so openly while peeking at me as if I was naked or something. ‘Something is not right here!’ I said to myself.

And my intuition was spot on.

“Your sister has told me something and I thought it would be appropriate if I shared it with the person involved.” My father spoke as he put his hand on Nakai’s head with a gentle smile.

“Yes, father. What is it?” I asked with interest to what was going to take place. I moved close to the Mkeka and sat across him and Nakai.

“What do you think of my daughter?”

‘What the hell?’ was my first shock in my head. I felt like my heart skipped a bit when my eyes turned to look at Nakai who was shyly avoiding my eyes.

“You probably know what I mean by saying this, right?” Father was quite on a happy tune the way he spoke. It was like he was waiting for this situation to rise by itself.

“Nakai has asked permission to me that I grant you the rights to her hands.” He continued but this time, there was a smile on his face. I don’t know why but I felt happy and disappointed at the same time.

“Nakai wants you to marry her!” My heart exploded. Father was seriously glad when he said it. It was like a lion that was waiting for the pray to fall for the bait.

‘Are they taunting me right now?’ I said in my head since I was totally not sure if they were serious or just mocking me. Maybe my birthday is approaching? But it is not until the 9th full moon and I am pretty sure that time does not flow that fast.

“What do you say!?” father asked while looking at me. I know what he is expecting but is this really alright? I am not sure to myself if the feelings I have for her are just the sibling feelings or the other way around.

“I am not sure father!” Was the answer that came out of my mouth at that moment. “I am not sure.”

My father’s eyes showed disappointment like he was very sure that my answer was going to be a yes and not in between a yes and a no. Nakai looked at me with eyes like they were going to make it rain. Tears lingered in the ends of her eyes but they did not fall. It was like she was stopping herself from crying.

“What do you mean, son?” father asked looking at me knowing probably that whatever I say might make his daughter cry even though she is such a big girl.

“I don’t know what these feelings are. I don’t know if it is love for her as my sibling or as a lover!” They both looked at me as if there is something wrong with my head. “I am just not sure what these feelings mean. Hahaha! I doubt if I love her like a lover. It’s probably just the sister love.”

A sudden silent followed by a rushed stand of Nakai from where she was sitting and her running off as if she was being chased.

Not me nor father said a word as she was leaving. We just looked at her then turned to look at each other.

“Son. Are you sick or something?” father said as he bent his head in grief and held it with his left hand.

“What do you mean?” I asked politely.

“Is your device working properly? Or maybe you are very stressed right now that you don’t know how Nakai is feeling?” he seemed very displeased and confused by me but I was confused by me too.

“Did you never know that Nakai has always watched you?” father spoke but this time with a tone of slight anger. I didn’t know he would get this disappointed in me.

“Does that mean she already told you before today?” I asked wanting to know.

“So many times. From the first time that you saved her from that elephant when you hid together inside the ‘mbuyu’. When you guys stopped taking baths together since you were all grown up, she would always ask if it is was possible for you to marry her even though you were her brother. That’s why I had to explain to you guys when I got you to join my family.”

“Wait. So, does that mean…”

“Yes! It means that she’s always wanted you two to always be together.” Father said then looked at me insistently. “As an elder, a father, and as a man, I tell you this. You probably have feelings for her that are way too deep that you are failing to recognize the gem in front of you!”

Then it hit me. Is it because she’s always here that I failed to realize all these feelings? Is it because I have been trying to avoid looking at her so much because I didn’t want it to be true that I am actually in love with her? Have I been avoiding her because of this?

“You probably are the only person that I know of who is this stupid!” father said feeling very embarrassed by my empty minded behavior. “I bet you are also the only person who knows where she is hiding right now!”

“I need to go! I need to go right now!” I said out loud as I got up very hurriedly and ran out of the house. ‘I know now.’ I know!

CHAPTER 3

“Nakai!” I called feeling extremely guilty as I approached the mbuyu that hid us the first time I saved her from an elephant stampede. There was no any other place that she would go to since it was also approaching night time.

“Please, Nakai!” I called but she still didn’t answer. The mbuyu has a huge hole on it that can probably swallow more than five people inside. I only heard the sob sound she was making as she was crying.

“If you don’t reply I’m going to come in there.” I said trying to frighten her so that she would come out. It has been a very long time since we came to this mbuyu since it is separated by a distance from the village.

She didn’t come out when I said that. ‘does that mean she want me to go in?’ I asked myself as I approached the mbuyu.

“Why?” Nakai shouted with a trembling voice. “Why don’t you want me?” she questioned angrily, still holed up inside the mbuyu. the echo of her voice sounded quite loud.

“It’s not like that?”

“What do you mean it’s not like that? Is it because you have feelings for Naniwa? What does she have that I don’t have?” the way she spoke made me feel terrible inside my heart. It felt like there was something with a fork stabbing the lungs. A suffocating feeling that was excruciatingly tormenting my entire body.

“Is it the way she speaks? Is it because her bottom is better than mine? Is it because she has nice squashy breasts that are better than mine?” Her words were very painful. My mind just couldn’t bear the words she was saying and I ended up forcefully entering the mbuyu even if it had a small opening.

I wanted to hold her tight but she revolted. She threw her small, soft hands at me as if punching a squirrel at my chest, trying to push me away so that I wouldn’t hold her but I just ignored her struggle and still held her.

Her tears were drooling down my chest as she cried at the top of her voice, shouting why I don’t want her. It was not pleasing to feel that much pain. The pain of a struggling lion that is trying to pierce your skin is not painful enough to compare with this indescribable pain that I was feeling.

“Don’t leave me! Please, don’t leave me!” she kept on begging with never-ending tears flowing down from her eyes.

“I will never leave you!”

The cries faded and the sobbing slowly dwindled.

“I will never leave you, Nakai!” I said to her with a courageous voice. She looked at me and gave me a stare as I looked back at her!

“I promise this to you! I will never leave you no matter what?” I insisted. My fingers passed through her eyes as I cleansed the tears off her chicks. “You know how I have a hard head. I don’t understand others easily and probably might just not understand when someone is trying to convey things to me. I am a meathead. My brain is heavy and difficult to comprehend others emotions. You do know that!”

The tears that were dissipating off my fingers from her chicks stopped flowing down her eyes. “I am very stupid. I have been a terrible person to you!”

“No, you have not been a terrible person to me!” she spoke with a slight sob as she rose her hands that were crouched on my chest and rubbed off her tears then held my hands.

“But I couldn’t even understand your feelings all this time. I am probably the worst man in the entire village.” I said as I looked at her feeling terrible.

“You might not be the best, but you are the best for me!” she spoke with a nice soothing sound that made me feel like there was something that was making my heart calm down.

“But…?”

“No! I know that you have a terrible brain, and you don’t sometimes comprehend the situation that you are in. you are probably the only man that I know whom would not leave me no matter what happens even if it endangers your own life.”

“Wow, is that how you see me?” I asked surprised. She didn’t answer immediately but laughed slightly as if it was a joke! “why are you laughing?”

“I just liked the way you said it!” she replied and laughed again.

“so, marry me!” I finally said it. I know that it was me being selfish since I always tried to separate myself from Nakai by going to hunt way early than appropriate and stay there, hiding myself from her so that I don’t feel the emerged feelings of love that I unconsciously had for her.

But no more. I want to feel this warmth of her body clumped with mine. I want her hands to always hold me as if I am a baby. I want her eyes to only see me, and me alone. I don’t want to lose her to another man just because I was selfish.

“Marry me, Nakai! I don’t want to let go of you until the day I die!” I said, took her hands and held them tight close to my chest.

A silent breeze of a man and a woman staring at each other inside a baobab tree was the very definition of a romantic proposal site

She looked at me with attentive eyes that screamed, ‘I love you and I would rather stay at this very spot, this same position, forever.

“isn’t it getting hotter in here?” I asked to lighten the emotions that were trying to burst out of her, and she instead burst with laughter so loud that I think her father who was a few miles to the village heard her and was smiling, probably!

“Yes!” she said as her laughter was subsiding. “Yes, I will happily marry you, dear brother!” then she laughed a little.

“Thank you!” I said as I looked at her under that increasing night darkness that was swallowing the faint sun. “let’s go back!”

“Yeah, let’s do that!”

“By the way! How did you know that Naniwa’s breasts were squishy than yours?” I questioned, since this question was probably the first thing I memorized in the whole situation.

“Kha! Did you just ask if Naniwa’s breasts were squishy?” She looked at me as if angry after we got out of the baobab and I was trying to get up from the ground.

“Well. You said that they were squashy, so I just wanted to know if they can compare to yours!” I rose off the ground and met with a dangerous stare that she gave me, I thought she would drawn me in the saand!

“Touch them!” she said and the conversation continued from there with a scary pace as if I was being judged to a death penalty if I dared mention anything stupid again.

--- Now ---​

“Look at them! They are so perfect together!” Was the voice of Lady Gumbiro together with our father whom it had been a while ever since I saw him getting drunk and dancing around as if he was in his younger days. Although it was already dark, the celebration was as if it just started and the bonfire was huge. It lighted the whole village.

“Dear!” Nakai called at me, sitting besides me on the ground of the married with her, my bride looking stunningly beautiful in the red design of the clothes the chief ordered to be made for the wife of a shaman. “I think we made father very happy today!”

I looked at her face which had a brilliant smile as she looked at our old man dancing around with the elderly and the younger guys happily.

“Yeah! It has been a while that he had been this happy. Ever since mother left us, this is the first time that he has been this happy.” Our mother died of a disease that was passed down from her grandfather two years after I joined the family. Since it was rarely inherited in her family, they never questioned about it ever being active in her.

She was extremely joyous, no matter what the circumstance was like and although she was sick, she never stopped smiling and showing the generosity of love for her family. She was very kind and pleasant to be with.

“I wish mother was here!” Nakai with a smile covered her sad emotions that were boiling up inside her.

“I miss her too.” I said as I held her hand and looked at father. “I think she is watching us right now together with the spirits, and she is extremely happy for us. So, let’s not get sad and emotional right now and enjoy the night so that we don’t make her feel bad for us.”

At least I managed to make her not feel down any longer since I did not want her to cry and if father noticed he would lose all his joy and feel despair, so the celebration continued.

It lasted for five days, every dusk till dawn and the villagers never seemed tired nor exhausted of all the partying and dancing and eating. It was really an enjoyable week.

The last day of the wedding arrived and people were even more in spirit with partying than the past few days. While enjoying the music as the drums were being played and singers sang on this last enjoyable night of our wedding, a certain man entered the village.

No one noticed him, but I did. And it was not because of how he was wearing white clothes that covered his body with a particular style that another cloth was tied on top of his head similar to how the chief wore. It was not because of that.

The amount of spiritual energy his body was emitting was extremely large that it did not compare to the one I usually saw on Lady Gumbiro. The green energy that covered his entire body was tremendous enough that it felt like he was on fire and as if it was swallowing the darkness of the night.

I turned to look at Lady Gumbiro who was sitting at the left side of the guys who were playing the drums, and she also saw him. The frightened face she was making was petrifying enough to make shivers go down my spine. The way she was trembling at the sight of this man with terrifying spiritual power made me feel as if the world was ending.

“Darling! What is it? You are trembling!” Nakai called me but her voice was so dim that it made like all the noise that was being made and the music seemed to have vanished and a sharp ringing sound penetrated my ears.

With the immense fear I was feeling, I slowly turned my head to look at that man. The moment my eyes fell onto him, terrible shivers entered me when I noticed the glare he was giving me that even Nakai who was holding my arm felt it. He was looking at me.

His eyes were as if they were shredding and ripping my entire body into pieces and tearing down my soul. I had never felt more frightened in my entire life. The fear I felt when I first met Lady Hongo was nowhere close to compare to the fear I was feeling at this moment.

I will come tomorrow and we will talk in a calm manner! I do not wish to disturb your wedding! Give my greetings to the old lady. I give you and your wife my blessings!” I was hearing these words directly inside my head and I recognized that it was his voice. It was like he was talking directly inside my head.

I advise that you keep this celebration going until it ends. I did not come here to ruin this wedding, unless you want to see people dying!” I could not even resist his voice inside my head and had to calm down before things get out of hand.

Suddenly, he turned the other way and started leaving. The pressure that he was emitting died down the further he went until it was no longer there and his aura disappeared with him.

I turned to look at Lady Gumbiro and she was looking at me too. It was like we understood each other and throughout the whole night we kept everything to ourselves, pretended like nothing happened. Nobody even knew anything until it was morning and people were waking up.

To me, my eyes were wide open as if I was on guard duty. How could I sleep in such circumstances? My wife, Nakai, noticed the unusual situation that I was in since she tried to continue what we usually do at night when we are alone at our new made house but it didn’t work.

“I know there is something that you saw or felt during the party at night but I will not question it.” Nakai spoke at me who was lying down on the bed with her arms and body on me staring at my wide-open eyes. “But you need to get some sleep. It is already morning and you barely closed your eyes otherwise you will not be able to work on it later.”

I knew what she said was very true but I just couldn’t fall asleep. Every time I close my eyes, all I saw was that man with a pure flickering green aura that made him look like he was on fire.

“No! this won’t do!” I said to myself as I got off the bed and left Nakai staring at me as I picked up my cloth, tied it around my waist and ran outside.

I needed to find lady Gumbiro fast, so I ran to her home and found her already called the chief and other elders including father.

“Come here my grandson!” the chief said as he offered his seat. I do not know how he knew that I was extremely tired that I might fall any moment.

“You heard his voice too!” Lady Gumbiro said to me as she looked at me. Her eyes were as red as blood, just like mine. She barely slept herself and I thought I had the exception.

“Yes, Lady Gumbiro! I was not sure if you heard it too but I was sure that you saw his spiritual power.” I said as I looked at her and the elders just stared at me.

“I have already told them what I heard but just to make sure that it is the same thing as what you heard, tell it to them too!” she said as she tried to close her eyes to make them pain less and I knew that the elders believed her but this was beyond what could be believed.

So, I started explaining everything to them just like how I remembered it. From his extremely humongous green-like fire or so-called spiritual aura that made him look like he was on fire to every word that he said to us.

“And he also said that he is going to come this morning so that we could talk!” I finished as I looked at the elders who were in ewe, trying to understand what they just heard.

“I personally doubt that he wished us harm!” my father spoke from where he was seated around the small fire that was flickering inside the hat.

“I mean, if he wanted to do as any harm, do you think he would have come to us, took a look at the wedding, contacted you and then told you to keep the wedding going until morning?” he continued, now looking at the elders who were having a hard time believing that no danger would befall us.

“I think so too!” The chief added. “In any case, at least he put the villagers into consideration to avoid mass panic because I am pretty sure if he made himself known at that moment, the wedding celebration would fall to utters and people would be in extreme panic.”

“Yes! And also, since he said he would come to us in the morning, the sun is already out so let us wait for him and avoid alerting the villagers. We do not want our people to panic.” Said Lady Gumbiro.

“I like how some of you elders comprehend my intentions!” I am not sure if Lady Gumbiro realized whose voice that was but I did and the most surprising thing about this current situation was that it did not come from outside, but right at the end corner of the hat far away from the door.

“How the https://jamii.app/JFUserGuide did he get inside?” I swear this question was on repeat inside my head so many times that about half of the elders nearly died of sudden shock.

“There is no reason for any of you to be so wary of me!”I don’t know why but his voice was very gentle and surprisingly soothing that the panic all of us had felt inside that strawed hat died down immediately.

Yes, please do not be in such a panic state. Just like how the elder here said, if I wanted to harm any of you, you would probably be dead by now!” The way he spoke was so nice that even after he held father’s shoulder, father did not react in fear. He had a beard that was about similar to mine, a little bit bigger that it covered his chin.

He was smiling at us as if we were friends or something. He was also about the same age as me. His body was not very packed with muscles as mine but it was average and the cloth that crossed from his left shoulder from his back was tied to his waist with another very foreign clothe that was holding the clothe covering his body down to the ankles.

“Before I introduce myself, it seems like I have found the one who Lady Hongo was happy to have met.” He said those words with a smile on his face as he turned to look at me giving off a nostalgic feeling of love that I had never felt before. It was like he was saying, ‘Oh, I’ve met my half-brother’ or something like that.

“Y… you …. You know Lady Hongo?” I asked with a stutter as if I just started speaking yesterday! I think that was the first time I have stuttered in my entire life.

“Yes, I know her! oh wait!” with a smile he said as he stopped for a moment, rose his hand to his head and a sudden surge of spiritual power was emitted from him that the entire hat and the people inside felt it. It was so powerful, I am sure even the elders with no spiritual prowess felt it.

“She is saying that she misses seeing you again! Especially you!” He said, then smiled again as the burst of spiritual power died down immediately like it was never there!

‘WHAT!?’ I failed to comprehend this man. What does he mean that she misses me? How does he know that she said that? Is he talking to her directly? Is he connected to the spiritual world?

“Yeah, don’t worry I will tell him!” he spoke again. It was as if he was speaking alone with the air but the sudden surges of spiritual power that burst every time he went silent and spoke then died down was very astonishing to see and feel.

“I think I already told you yesterday about it but she is saying again that she is wishing you a blessed life with your wife. She was extremely happy when the prayers of your people reached her praying about your wedding!”

He looked at me with a smile. It felt like he was mocking me and the elders. What the hell? Why is he smiling every time? Is he mocking our extremely surprised faces with emotions of awe?

“Oh! She also said that she has grown stronger now due to all the prayers. And she really is satisfied with the sacrifices of the lambs that you gave to her every month! She thanks Lady Gumbiro on that!”

“Um… please excuse us if we will be stepping out of line, shaman!”

‘Where the hell did the chief get all the confidence to speak right now?’ I questioned myself after hearing the chief speak

“Yes, please. Speak casually with me, dear chief!” the man replied with tenderness that was not from this place. He was extremely emitting the vibe of ‘do not be afraid of me, I am just but a mere man, just like all of you’. And I am pretty sure that is not how a mere man behaves.

“How did you get in here? I am sure that no one was inside my wife’s hat when we entered here.” The chief asked gently trying to be as formal as possible fearing that he might get angry any time.

Besides, there is no way that he would have hidden anywhere inside here because there is nothing to hide in. the chungu was not big enough for him to enter it and hide nor was the space of the bed of which other elders were sitting on that was barely off the ground. Simply put, there was no place to hide in.

“If the guy there trained as much as I did, then, entering a room that is full of people without using the door would be as easy as breathing air.” He said, and before our eyes, he walked backwards and the next thing we realize is him standing right at the door in that very same instant. Blinking was slower to how he disappeared from the direction opposite to the door.

“Let me spread my aura in this room, otherwise the elders might die from shock!” he said as another burst of energy erupted from his body and spread throughout the room. I don’t know if the elders could see it, but Lady Gumbiro and I could. It eased the tense atmosphere of fear and anxiety that was full inside the room.

“please forgive my atrocity.” Lady Gumbiro spoke with immense respect as she dropped from her seat and kneeled at the man’s feet.

“Please, dear sister chosen by the deity. Do not do this in front of your young brother in the name of our Lady!” he spoke so politely and rushed at Lady Gumbiro and knelt to stop her from praising him.

“Then, may I ask?” she said as she was held by him on the hands and helped her stand. All the elders were in extreme ewe of the man and mostly, Lady Gumbiro that they did not even utter a sound.

“Yes, please. Ask away!” the man said, helping Lady Gumbiro back to her seat.

“What is your name, oh powerful shaman of our guardian deity?” she asked the most important question that everyone wanted to know of!

It was like in suspense. No one looked anywhere else but at him. The silence in the room was bizarrely quiet that it was frightening. The man, did not show any expression as he looked at us after he rose his head from helping Lady Gumbiro seat.

“NGWALE!” He spoke with his calm voice. “My name is KINJEKITILE NGWALE!”

Thank you for reading!
Leave a Comment kama umeipenda, usiondoke ivi ivi , hehehe!!!

STORY ITAKUWA UPDATED KILA SIKU JUMATATU, NA ALHAMISI.

KAMA KUTAKUWA NA MABADILIKO TUTAWEKA NA KILA JUMAMOSI.

ASANTENI

CHAPTER 4

KINJEKITILE NGWALE was the man’s name. The man with enough spiritual power to cover an entire village with it. He was standing front of more than twelve elders inside the hat that homed Lady Gumbiro.

“You will have to forgive me but I will not disclose where I come from. I hope it is alright with you.” He spoke so formally, his hands holding together as if he was praying with a smile on his face.

“Sir!” I called trying to act calmly and respectfully towards him.

“Hey! Give me your name at least! I don’t want to keep calling you without a name! it’s frustrating!” he said with a smile still looking at us.

Before I even mentioned my name, a sudden outburst of spiritual power came out of him then subsided. What is that? Every time that aura bursts, my entire body shivers.

“Oh! Yes. Lady Hongo just told me your name, dear brother!” I don’t know if he was doing it on purpose so that we recognize how powerful he is or what, but it was extremely surprising the way he showed himself communicating with a spiritual being as if they were friends.

“Dear brother, Ndwaniya!” This was the most breath-taking surprise I have ever experienced. How the heck does he do that? Maybe he asked about my name from the villagers? No! No way that is possible.

The villagers would have mentioned an unidentified person moving around asking the name of the most famous person in the entire village and they would have been suspicious, leading to them reporting it to the chief or to us, hence, if it was his plan to make a grand entrance, it would have failed.

The only possible way is that he really got my name from the guardian deity, which to me was literally saying that you wanted to face the extreme pain that I faced when I first met with her every time you communicate with her.

“So, dear brother Ndwaniya! What was it that you wanted to say?” he spoke as he looked at me.

Being in awe, I pulled myself together and talked, “Why did you come here?”

“What do you mean why did I come here? Did the Lady not give you a glimpse of what is going to happen to you and your village?” he spoke so confidently but with a confused expression on his face.

“I thought that she showed you that cloud coming towards us. The cloud full of evil that everything that was beneath it was turned into ashes by lightning that sounded totally different from the thunder of lightning that usually sounds.”

This was the proof that I think everyone before him wanted to hear. He just proved to us that he really was another medium that could communicate with Lady Hongo! He proved it to us without even blinking an eye. His face was full of the expression of total confusion.

“Anha! I see now!” he said as he laughed slightly and looked at us. “I just proved to you of my connection with lady Hongo, didn’t I?”

I was very dumb-founded. Not just me, but the elders too. ‘This man, is the truest spirit-incarnate!’ There was no more doubt that would cloud us after what he just said. There is no need to doubt this man.

“I came to you because I want you!” confidently, he said. Looked at me then gave me a smile. All the elders were in a state of total confusion.

“Please, do not mistake me! As I said before, I am not here to bring any of you harm! That includes dear brother Ndwaniya, considering he just got married!” I think now what was making the elders and me feel extreme uneasiness was his smiling. It was becoming very provocative.

“What do you mean you want me?” I asked as I looked at his smiling face which suddenly turned expressionless and stern.

“Let me show you!” he said, raised his hand, and the green-like spiritual aura that was full in the room (I am sure no elder was seeing it beside lady Gumbiro) turned extreme-purple and the next thing we know. A series of very violent environment surrounded us.

At first, I was not sure if the elders were seeing what I was seeing but once I saw them surprised, their heads turning every direction staring at what they were being shown, I knew that it was not just me.

I recognized the scenery. Purple, dark clouds were above our heads. Lightning that sounded nothing like lightning was striking everything that was surrounding the ground and we were just standing under it.

Due to loud thunder-strikes, the elders were in scare that they were crying full of fear, looking at the sky that was above us, the ground that turned into ashes, the trees that caught fire, the mountains that were crying porridge of lava and animals that were sinking in it.

No lion, nor gazelle, nor cow or sheep was left intact.

“I will stop here!” then all the images vanished and we were back inside lady Gumbiro’s hat, everyone crying and sobbing in tears. Not even father could withstand that fearful scene he just saw.

“I am sorry for showing you this but there is no other way for me to convince you of why I need him.” Kinjekitile said, but there was no smile on his face. He was sad.

“what does it mean!” The chief asked as he was hugging his wife, lady Gumbiro.

“I might be a medium connected to Lady Hongo, but I too cannot tell what it means.” Some of the elders were still crying in fear and the saddest one that I noticed was Kinjekitile. He was feeling regret for showing such gruesome things to the elders who had weak hearts.

I understood him. I understood why he showed them even though he knew that they hadn’t yet fully comprehend all the mystic abilities that he showed them. If he did not do that now, then he might never get the chance to show them.

“I hope you forgive me for doing this!” Kinjekitile sadly said, emotions of pain written all over his face. “Please, make a choice soon because he might just be the only person who could save all of you!” Then he vanished into thin air like he was never there to begin with.

No one was surprised anymore! The things he showed us were scarier than him vanishing into thin air.

After a while, the elders calmed down and started discussing things more seriously. I left them continuing with the discussion of things they saw this morning to things I said a while back.

An uproar happened in the whole village of what happened. Everyone was now aware of the events that happened in Lady Gumbiro’s home and the mysterious man that brought them.

A spiritual shaman, stronger than lady Gumbiro and me combined. Everyone wanted to see this man. The things that me and Lady Gumbiro tried to hide from everyone were no longer able to stay hidden. Everyone knew what was going to face our small village.

Ignorance was not part of the villagers, but fear was. It was not cowardice but some wanted to leave the village and they already got themselves to leave. I don’ know what was going outside but I went straight to bed.

My wife, stayed with me the whole day, making sure I am not disturbed and she was right about me not getting disturbed. I was very, very tired. It was like I was awake for five whole nights and days.

Adding the earlier days during the wedding and the nights of endless play between me and my wife plus the things that happened today, I think if I did not rest I would faint while standing up.

“Nakai!” I called. My body was really heavy but all the exhaustion had disappeared.

“Dear! You are awake!” she called. Tears were lingering in her eyes. It was dark so I knew it was already nightfall but why were tears on her eyes? I don’t think there was anything that happened before I fell asleep between us that would make her cry!

“Why are you crying, Nakai?” I asked, as I pulled myself and rose off the bed. I held her to my chest as she kept crying not understanding what was going on!

“Has something happened to the village?” I asked her after seeing that her tears were not drying up but she said no. “Did anything happen to the others?” she still said no.

“Has something happened to father then?” I asked again but she still shock her head. “Then what is it? Why are you crying? You are making me feel stressed, Nakai!”

She looked at me with that sad expression of hers that would swallow your heart up on how cute she was. “You!” Me? I asked myself. What did I do? I couldn’t get an answer.

“You were asleep for three nights and three days.” I was in shock. What does she mean I was asleep for three nights and three days? Didn’t I just sleep after I explained things to the neighbors and her?

“But I just slept in the morning, didn’t I?” I asked her very flabbergasted on this situation. “Let’s go outside!” I said to her. she helped me get out of bed, tied my cloth around my waist and helped me go out. I myself was surprised as to why my body was this weak that she had to help me out.

The moment I opened the straws door, I met the villagers standing outside, looking at me as if I was about to die. “Why is everyone standing out here in this cold?” I asked them faking a smile on my face.

“Well, dear brother Ndwaniya was not waking up for three nights.” It was the voice of Kinjekitile who walked out of the crowd. “How are you feeling, brother?”

“I…, I feel okay. My body is weak but I don’t think if there is anything wrong with me.” I replied as I looked at myself. My abs and chest shrank a little, and I felt my mouth dry and my legs frail.

“Sit then! I don’t think if anyone here wants to see you fall.” Kinjekitile said as he pulled the chair that was besides the door by pointing at it to move and my wife helped me sit. People were in awe by what he did but they did not ask although they murmured underneath the crowd standing before my house.

“Women, help Nakai cook something for Ndwaniya! He needs to eat something.” Was the command from lady Gumbiro who was standing in front of the crowd with the people who immediately started moving after she said so.

“Men, help them start the fire quickly. Since most of us haven’t eaten yet, let’s cook something together!” said the chief after he came to me and held my hand.

“You should not scare us like that!” the rough voice of my old man came out as he approached me and put his hand on top of my head. It was usually his way of showing that he was very worried.

“I am sorry! I did not know that I would sleep for so long!” I apologized trying to bend my head for him but the weakened body of mine couldn’t move.

“No! don’t move. It’s fine as long as you woke up!” he replied as he stopped me from moving myself.

“Father!” I called as I raised my head to look at him. “Has everything been decided?”

My father looked at me, then to Kinjekitile and back to me. “Yes! But first, you need to get back your energy first then we will talk after! Okay?” With a smile he said then looked at Nakai.

“I think we will leave you two to talk, right Kinjekitile?” he spoke after he looked at Kinjekitile who just held his hands together near his chest, then smiled.

“Well, sister-in-law seems to have something to say to her husband. Let’s just go, we will come later to talk with him more.” Kinjekitile said then walked to father and they left.

“Nakai!” I called feeling sentimental as she looked at me, eyes that were heavy showing how much she cried while I was asleep. “I am sorry, Nakai!”

There was nothing more that I could say more than being sorry. She hugged me so tight, her tears falling down my shoulder. I felt frustration. What if I couldn’t wake up? Does that mean she would have been alone? That frustration was overbearing.

“It is okay! You have to save all of us!” she said, then moved off of me and held my cheeks, her eyes looking straight to mine. “You need to save us, even if you have to leave us.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, but before I got an answer, the women came at me with a bowl of porridge!

“Brother-in-law, please drink this porridge. It will give you some energy so that you can eat!” Naniwa who was holding a bowl of porridge said as her and the other three women looked at us. “Sister Nakai, help him drink it please!”

“Thank you, Naniwa!” Nakai replied after she cleansed the tears off her face, took on her hands the bowl of porridge from Naniwa, and sat down the mattress below my legs.

“It is hot, so we brought another bowl so that you help him drink it a little less hot.” Naniwa said as the other woman standing beside her handed Nakai another bowl.

“Thank you, guys!” Nakai replied with a smile at them as them bent their heads slightly and left.

“I didn’t know you guys were this friendly to each other!” Me being surprised as to how friendly they were to each other was really stunning. I didn’t expect that.

“Of course, we’re friends!” Nakai said as she fed me the porridge slowly that was less hot and that it wouldn’t burn my lips nor my mouth. “Or how do you think I knew that her breasts were softer than mine?”

“Cough, cough!” I nearly chocked on porridge. “Why did you remind me of that? Cough, cough!”

“Hahahaha!” she laughed. She finally laughed. I was happy of that for once.

“I still like you more even if they are softer!” I said after she took a cloth and wiped out the porridge that was on my face.

“Well, it’s fine anyways! I know that you love me more than anyone else.” We talked for a while and she even laughed more than before. I think I helped give relief in her heart that she could laugh again.

Late that night after we ate, the elders gave me a slow catchup on what was decided. They decided that I will have to go with Kinjekitile to where he was going.

Although he denied that it was not far from the village, it was still leaving the village and Nakai didn’t seem happy about it even though she agreed to let it be.

So, after a few more days that I spent recuperating and being alone with my wife, we left and went in a little distant place. It was truly not far from our village.

It was a little bit high and it was very advantageous for me since every night I could see the bonfire they lit from there, although it looked like a small splinter of fire from that distance.

Five months later, early 1902

“Yes! Just like that! Build the energy slowly and steadily through your breathing. Don’t let it out in a burst but slowly!” Kinjekitile said as he looked at the green-blue energy that was coming out of my body slowly covering up to my head from the ground.

“Training you while standing will be more effective than sitting down since it will help you get accustomed to it more easily.” He kept on explaining at me.

My eyes were closed but it was like I could see everything that was around me, including the immense energy of Kinjekitile that was standing erect in front of me guiding me with his voice.

“Brother!” I called at him without opening my eyes.

“Yes, Ndwaniya, what is it?” he asked but now he was walking. I was really fascinated by how he was doing that.

“I want to try something!” I spoke to him.

“That is why it is called training. If you don’t try things now, when will you? So, just try what you are thinking.” He replied after his energy stopped moving and was just standing.

I know that I need his guidance but just this once, I wanted to try doing it without him helping me. So I concentrated all my energy at my center and after I felt it being stable, I took a step forward.

“Wow! He is a natural at this!” Kinjekitile said to himself as he looked at me after I took another step forward steadily. “I was wondering why Lady Hongo chose him but now I know!”

Before I knew it, I was walking with all my energy stabilized to every step I took! It made me really happy to know that all the training for the past few months was not for naught.

I opened my eyes and saw Kinjekitile looking at me with a smile. It was really an achievement that I was proud of achieving.

“I think it is time for you to at least go down and see your family, isn’t it?” Kinjekitile who now to me was like a brother and most of all, a teacher, said as we were standing on top of the cliff look down on the gloomy night filled with the moonlight.

“Yeah, I think so too! Won’t we be going together?” I asked him as we were staring down the hill where the village is supposed to be since as usual a bonfire was already flickering.

“No!” he replied. It was a short answer that triggered a few questions since that is not how he usually answers.

“Does that mean that I alone I am capable of fending against whatever is coming to destroy our village?” I asked with an excitement of being a hero for my village.

“I am not sure! You saw how big that thing was! I am not even sure if we could fend it off together. That is how dangerous it is going to get!” He said with a serious tone but now, to me I was already used to him that he just felt like a brother no matter what his expression looked like.

“Okay!” I replied. I know that he was feeling fear that a possibility of whatever we do may not affect the future. He was scared but he just wouldn’t show it. It was like his body refused to show fear.

“Well then!” He then suddenly lightened up with a smile on his face! I am telling you, I am totally used to how he changes all of a sudden. It is no longer a surprise to me. “You better start going down, right?”

“Oaky then, brother!” I turned to him and we hugged.

“Let me give you directions if you ever want to come see me!” he held my head then slowly touched it with his. A memory of directions imprinted itself to me. After he let go of my head, the memory of those paths and places felt like I knew them even before we met.

“Wow! I did not know that this is also possible!” I said to him feeling very excited with it.

“I have also placed a few more memories that will trigger in certain conditions. Don’t worry about them, you will know of them when the time comes!” he said then waved his hand at me.

“Now then! Let the blessings of Lady Hongo be upon you and your family and the whole village of Mtelle!” with a smile, he slowly vanished from my eyes. It was like darkness swallowed him whole. He was no longer there but me and the light of the moon on top of my head.

“Let’s head down now! I’ve missed my wife too much to keep standing here!” I said to myself as I started descending down.

Walking seemed too slow to do anymore. It was like my destination was getting further away instead of getting closer. I closed my eyes and made my energy cover my body like adding one more sheet of cloth.

So, I began to run. The woods were moving past me so fast that it felt like they were just standing there. That feeling of wind not touching my face was exhilarating. My feet fell so light like dried stick but strong than the limbs of a lion.

The thorns that used to torment my feet when I ran since I couldn’t see them, were not doing that anymore. In fact, it felt like they were no longer on the ground. Even the sand felt smooth.

I was very fast. So fast that I started feeling a painful feeling in my guts. “This feeling. This uneasiness that I am feeling. What is it?” And that feeling increased the more I approached the village. It got more distressing the more the bonfire got closer in my vision.

“What is that noise? Are those shouting? And, crying?” I asked myself. ‘Ah! Maybe they are celebrating something? Maybe Kinjekitile went first to the village to tell them I am coming and so they got crazily happy?’

‘Is that how they usually shout when they are happy?’ But the cries of women felt like painful ones. “Ah! Let’s get there first and we will know!” I told myself feeling a little happier than before.

“What is this!” Something inside me was boiling. “Why are there too many fires in the village?” I asked myself as I got more closer to the village gate. The cries were now as clear as day!

They weren’t cries of joy! They weren’t shouting of happiness and gladness! They were …

AHSANTENI KWA KUSOMA!

NEXT CHAPTER KESHO!!!!!

Attachments

• Shadows of water.jpg
    Shadows of water.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
CHAPTER FIVE 5

AUTHOR: MBONEA SR
CONTACTS: 0622 809 054

ENJOY ...

“What is this!?” I was having a very difficult time to comprehend what was happening in front of my face. That unpleasant feeling that I was feeling while descending down the hill proved me right.

“What …!” I felt my voice disappear from my throat. A surge of anger, disappointment, rage and a choking sensation penetrated me when my feet entered and the first thing that welcomed me were dead bodies of the elders, some of the guys whom I went with hunting and kids that some were barely even older than ten years.

As I kept walking through those corpses, burning hats, and other people barely hanging on a thin thread with blood spouting out of their bodies that had holes, I started questioning if my wife and father were safe by any chance.

“Please be safe! Please be safe! Please be safe!” I kept repeating this phrase every step that I took.

Women were shouting so loudly in some of the hats that were not on fire but I did not have the courage to go help them while I am not sure if my wife was safe. Maybe it was because of the immense frustration that I was feeling but I failed to recognize the men whom stood outside my hat.

“Is that not my wife’s voice?” I asked my empty-like self that was in immense distress. ‘But who are these men? Why is their skin different from mine? What kind of clothes are they wearing? Is that a spear they are holding?

“No! my wife first!” I said to myself and approached the hat that those men were standing as if guarding on. “Please move aside!” I said to them. They looked at each other then laughed rudely. It was like they were looking down on me.

“Just shoot him!” one of the men said but I just didn’t recognize what he said because our languages were way too different. Then the one standing on the left, pointed that spear like thing at me and a loud bang was heard.

It may be because of all the training that I underwent with Kinjekitile, but even before the bang sound was to be heard, my body moved by itself as if to avoid something. It was like a transition state but a ball like thing came out of that spear-like weapon and as it was approaching me I just looked at it and it passed me.

“What was that?” I asked myself and when I turned to look at the men, they were in a state of panic. And as they were struggling as if to fix their weapon, I gush of the memories that Kinjekitile had put in me rushed into my mind.

I saw things that I don’t remember seeing and one of them were those things the men where holding. They called them guns and what came out of them after being pointed to a target were called bullets.

These men were people from a world that was outside of ours across seas that I myself have never seen. Masses of blue water. They rode through those masses of water though ships and came to our land to take everything from us.

“Ugh!” Too much information was flowing inside my head that it became too much painful. But in all that information, one thing that was mostly emphasized on was that they do not wish us any good and to beware of their weapons.

“Ndwaniya! Ndwaniya!” Nakai’s shouting penetrated my ears. She was crying and in immense pain. I moved towards the men and before they moved I pulled out my blade which usually hangs by the door on top of it and chopped them down.

Maybe it was because of the immense power that was in me but moving my blade through their bones, felt like I was cutting down cabbage.

After I killed them, I rushed into the hat only to find a man rapping my wife. I stared at him as he was slapping my wife while raping her forcefully!

“Help!” was the last thing I heard coming out of Nakia who due to too much pain and being beaten forcefully by the back of the gun of that man died with tears of blood coming out of her!

My mind went blank! I did not know what to do! The man just continued doing what he was doing without even a care that Nakai was already dead.

Was her stomach that big? I questioned myself then came to realize! “she was carrying our child!” I said out loud. Tears started falling from my eyes that were starting to turn red.

“What? How… how did you get in here? How?” The man in a state of shock as to how I got in, started panicking trying to get a lock on me with his gun as his trouser hanging down his legs.

“You killed my wife and my child!” I said loudly as I looked at Nakai lying on the bed, her clothes ripped off of her body, blood coming out of her eyes and mouth and nose. As I moved my eyes to her stomach, I noticed the fluctuation of energy that was in her womb.

“It was not one!” I said to myself. Rage was building in me, my muscles started to burst that the pain I was feeling from them increased my anger. “I was going to have two children!”

That realization made an outburst of spiritual energy that the entire hat was blown off.

“YOU!” I said loudly and walked towards the man who was raping my wife to death and did not even realize it. “YOU! I WILL KILL YOU!”

The man was trembling with fear! There were words he was saying which I wasn’t even understanding but the horror of death I was emitting towards him was extreme that his nose started bleeding.

“I do not know what you are saying but killing you would not even calm my fury!” I said as I looked at him quivering with his pants down saying things I was not understanding.

I raised my blade and looked at it. I did not even realize that my energy manifested itself enough to even cover the edge of the blade.

“I WILL KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU! FROM THE ONES WHO KILLED MY PEOPLE, TO THE ONES WHO BROUGHT ALL OF YOU HERE!” And the next thing the man sees was his upper body flying off to the ground.

I went and hugged my dead pregnant wife and cried so much! I felt a choking sadness that made breathing feel too heavy to do!

“I SWEAR UPON THE NAME OF LADY HONGO! I WILL KILL ALL OF THEM!” I promised myself while holding the body of my dead wife, her blood drying upon my skin.

After I resolved myself with my goal of revenge, I covered my wife’s body with the straws of the bed on the ground and walked outside.

There were still women crying inside some of the hats that were not on fire so, I realized that they were facing the same thing that my wife faced.

“These people have no care of us! So, there is no point of me feeling guilty on killing them!” I said to myself and walked to every hat that had a woman crying and separated the heads of these foreign men like they were red tomatoes.

I saved the remaining women and some of the children who managed to avoid being killed. They were in trauma. Their bodies felt paralyzed by the things they had experienced in a span of a single night.

“I am sorry that I came late!” I said to them as they were crying for all the people who died there including children, spouses and their parents.

“I know this is not the right time for this, but everyone has to leave this place and come with me! We are going somewhere else!”

“Where will we go? There is nowhere to go to! The future that you predicted has already happened. There is nothing left for us nor a place to go to!” Naniwa spoke as tears fell off her tears.

“We have Kinjekitile! He has a place for us! We just have to reach there!” I said this because I knew that it was why he gave me the directions of where to find him.

After everyone calmed down, since I was the only man left, I collectively gathered all dead bodies that were loitered throughout the village that belonged to the villagers and buried them where we used to carry sacrifices for Lady Hongo. I deliberately left the bodies of the foreigners lying around so that they would get devoured by the hyenas and crows.

We left the place which was once our village and walked for about four days before we reached the destination that Kinjekitile left for me as a memory.

I did not know if he would take us in but he was very glad that some of us even managed to survive. He took us in and gave the women and children shelter and food since some of them starve for two days with nothing but the little water we carried from a dam that we found when walking to here.

After we rested for a few days, Kinjekitile gave the women and children the freedom to live within that village as if they were a part of it.

“You guys will have to stay here without me and continue living!” I said to the villagers who were now a part of this new village.

“Will you come back?” Naniwa asked me feeling sad as she looked at me. The children and the other women looked at me feeling gloomy wishing that I do not leave.

“I have to go! I do not know if we will ever see each other again but I hope that Lady Hongo connects our fates in the future.” I said to Naniwa and the others and we said our last goodbyes and I left the village.

I was with some other men who had a similar stature to mine but they seemed to have also faced something similar to what I faced since their faces were showing expressions of angry predators. So, we followed Kinjekitile’s lead as we walked away from the village.

“Ndwaniya, my brother! Please calm down your anger! You are making the guys beside you have trouble walking!” Kinjekitile said as he turned back to look at me and the other guys.

They were really having a hard time walking besides me. The killing intent that was coming off my body was suffocating for them. It made them fear me even though they knew all that rage was not directed at them.

As we were walking following Kinjekitile, I asked many questions. The others helped me understand the situation that we were in as a whole and the big picture that a man like me from a village that was barely even known couldn’t have known.

First, the things that happened to my village were not the rarest things to have happened since other villages too had faced much worse than that!

Second, the foreigners do not wish to be friendly with us. They called us names similar to animals, like baboons and so! Third, if your village was raided and you couldn’t find some of the other people you were looking for, they were captured.

All the ones that were captured, will either be forced to work in fields that were way bigger terrifying that one single person could not work on.

“But, in my village, I did not see the chief, nor his wife and I did not see my father too!” I questioned. We took a small break so that we could replenish our strength before continuing.

Kinjekitile looked at me as I looked back at him. He was thinking of something. “If you did not see the elders then they are being held hostages to control other people!” Kinjekitile said after he picked up the bottle of water so that he could drink.

“Yes, I think so too!” A man I came to recognize as NJOROZA, spoke out while looking at us. He was not average. His entire body was well built that if we were to go at it man-to-man without using energies I would have lost. The only advantage I had on him was that my energy was stronger than his!

“Back home, there is a man we call SONGEA MBANO! That man is on another level of brain power. He helped our chief MPUTA bin GWAZERAPASI GAMA display the strength of what we were capable of!”

Njoroza continued to talk as we listened. Although I had the smallest luck of meeting Songea Mbano, that man was truly powerful. His tactics and ability to judge situations was extraordinary.

“Despite that, the villages that were a little far from ours faced such things first since the foreigners had managed to establish themselves on our land already.”

“Since our village was way too big for it to be placed under them, they wanted to use Songea Mbano and some of the elders together with the chief to make the men work on huge farms of plantations of the crops they called COTTON.”

“What? Plantations as in growing things for food?” I asked Njoroza but before he replied another man with a build similar to his with extreme anger issues coughed lightly to stop the conversation.

“We need to keep moving! You will get to know everything slowly as we go!” he spoke as he stood up and stared at Kinjekitile pointing out that he needs to make us start walking again.

This man whom I started to recognize as one of the strongest amongst us even though he had less spiritual energy than any of us. His name was MTABANA.

The first time I recognized his strength was when he bare-handedly hit down a cow that was out of the cattle group with one fist. The cow fell down in one swoop and he finished it by strangling it to death.

We were dumb-founded. His anger was beyond measure. None of us, not even Njoroza could surpass him since none of us was angry enough to direct our anger to a poor cow that was just feeding by after we passed by on of the villages to resupply.

“Mtabana is right! We need to keep moving to reach Ngarambe. Once we see the river we will rest near it before continuing!” Kinjekitile spoke and we had to start moving again.

My questions were answered from time to time and my knowledge of what was going on in Tanganyika grew. My ignorance of thinking that the villages that once surrounded us were the only villages under the heavens vanished.

I also managed to grasp that amongst the tribes that were surrounding the south of Tanganyika before even the foreigners step foot in it, the strongest one was of the NGONI.

These guys were truly magnificent. The stories that Njoroza told us about his tribe and the village were very motivating.

“So, why did you decide to join us even though you are of high status as Jumbe?” one of the guys who joined us a while back after we saved him from starvation asked Njoroza who was sitting across us around the fire we lit after we reached near the River Rufiji.

“Sincerely speaking, I really wanted to keep being near Songea Mbano, but he shared to me a plan of his that included Kinjekitile and promised that we will inevitably meet in the future.” He replied.

Some of the guys kept on asking him questions about the Ngoni tribe, about where it originated and why it decided to stay in the south.

At first, people started thinking maybe Njoroza was pulling their feet but when they recognized that Kinjekitile supported his stories to be true, the doubts died down.

Njoroza kept on telling us the tales of Songea Mbano even after the thirteen NDUNAS that were pulled by the foreigners to the top of the mountain of Chandamari to display the capabilities of their guns and threaten them that their local weapons were useless.

The tales of such a man were truly magnificent that everyone wanted to at least meet with him once. We arrived at Ngarambe after one day’s walk and rested there!

Later months of 1903

“Brother!” I called to Kinjekitile after nightfall had reached. He was sitting outside his hat looking at the men who were wrestling with each other after the daily intense training that they got.

“What is it brother!” he replied after he turned his gaze at me.

“I will be leaving and acting alone for now!” I said to him looking at him intensively to let him know that I need to leave.

“I knew this day would come!” he replied then laid back a little bit and looked at the sky! “Your knowledge has expanded enough for you to make your own decisions. As I promised to them!”

I looked at him wondering what he was talking about. “Whom do you mean?” I asked him.

“Lady Hongo, your father, and most importantly, your wife!” He replied still looking at the sky. It was as if he was talking to the stars but he meant no disrespect towards me.

“Your wife made me promise her that no matter what, I had to get you strong enough to stand with your own two feet! And I have done that!” he said then turned his head to look back at me.

“Things are going to get very dangerous after this year ends. I do not know the fate of others, but I do know the fate of this soul of mine!” The way he was talking in riddles started to make me feel immense frustration.

“Please brother! Stop talking that way. My ignorance may have died but I am still not very intelligent to understand riddles!” I said to him scratching my head.

“What I mean is, after you leave for your revenge, make sure you survive whatever that will come to you! That day at the top of the hill, I passed my contract of lady Hongo to you in such a way that if anything was to happen to me, everything will become yours.”

Now, what does he mean? I really hated this side of him. The way he talks in riddles with fiddling the meaning of his words in short sentences.

But I understood that he was not sure if he would make it past the next few years. In fact, the stories of the Ngoni people who were getting training from Songea Mbano were very huge.

He was teaching them military tactics and warfare and the fact that the foreigners were struggling in implementing their power due to him were very motivational.

A hidden piece of that information was hidden to most people except me. The men that were with me together with Kinjekitile never knew this but I did.

It was the fact that, the reason why Songea Mbano was using the top of the shining mountain of Chandamari to teach the Ndunas military tactics and warfare against the foreigners was because of the spiritual connection that he shares with Kinjekitile Ngwale.

I do not know when it started but I came to realize after the rumors of how the foreigners were suffering due to Songea Mbano’s tactics that the things that Songea Mbano was teaching were exactly the same as what Kinjekitile was teaching.

“So, wherever you will be going, my promise will stand even if my life is in danger!” he said. At that the very moment I recognized that Lady Hongo’s power was weakening but I did not question it.

Her spiritual power that was already in us was as strong as it had always been but communicating with her took too much effort.

“I understand!” I replied. I knew that this was no longer the struggle for just a few villagers. This was the struggle of the whole South part of Tanganyika against the foreigners whom, due to their greed, wanted to have things that was not theirs in other people’s lands.

I left the next day after I said my goodbyes with everybody else and started my solo journey hunting greedy human beings whom did not care of our lives and slaughtered us as pigs.

SHADOWS OF WATER IS A FICTIONAL STORY! ALTHOUGH THERE ARE NON-FICTION CHARACTERS, THEY ARE ONLY USED TO PORTAY THE ACTUALITY OF THE PAST EVENTS AND ARE NOT SUBJECTED TO ANY PART INVOLVED IN ACTUALITY.

MTUNZI: MBONEASr
contacts WHATSAP: 0622809054

CHAPTER 6 ITATOKA ALHAMISI

ASANTE...