Kenya Increasing Military Power in HOA and Indian Ocean makes Africa and Asia edgy

Nairoberry

JF-Expert Member
Mar 7, 2012
Sudden shift of military power through excellent war and deployment strategy by Kenya defense forces has Africa and its neighbors puzzled and worried for two reasons.

For one, if well equipped, such an army commands significant geopolitical might, and two, there will be a sudden geopolitical and geostrategic importance of Kenya to major world powers particularly, the US, Russia, and Britain, besides France.Defense analysts and espionage agencies have been watching for KDF defense procurement trends in the recent past besides those dating 5-years ago to estimate its capacity besides project its potential as Indian Ocean waters and African military power.

Having used its air, ground, and naval assets exhaustively in Somalia, Kenya army has simply edged out existing arms embargo that disallows its procurement of aggressor defense equipment.

The Kenya air-force remains the most closely watched with Ugandan, Ethiopian and South African security and military intelligence very keen about its attack/fighter jets procurement. click link below to read more

Kenya Army Defense Procurement Keeps Region Edgy « Strategic Intelligence News

This perfectly executed amphibious attack on Al shabab/Al Qaeda stronghold of Kismayo by the Kenya Defense Force on the night of September 28th 2012 has been studied by Global military powers in great detail and interest

Last edited by a moderator:
Nairoberry,

Kwa vi nchi vyetu hivi military supremacy is never something be praised as it has an adverse effect on our economies.

Lets go the Japanese way, limited budget on military spending but maisha bora kwa wananchi.

Nairoberry,

Kwa vi nchi vyetu hivi military supremacy is never something be praised as it has an adverse effect on our economies.

Lets go the Japanese way, limited budget on military spending but maisha bora kwa wananchi.

actually it has effect on economy. military power go hand in hand with economy projection. the wealthier you are the more muscle you need to protect your wealth and deter possible aggressors. ama niaje Nairoberry?

Sudden shift of military power through excellent war and deployment strategy by Kenya defense forces has Africa and its neighbors puzzled and worried for two reasons.For one, if well equipped, such an army commands significant geopolitical might, and two, there will be a sudden geopolitical and geostrategic importance of Kenya to major world powers particularly, the US, Russia, and Britain, besides France.Defense analysts and espionage agencies have been watching for KDF defense procurement trends in the recent past besides those dating 5-years ago to estimate its capacity besides project its potential as Indian Ocean waters and African military power.Having used its air, ground, and naval assets exhaustively in Somalia, Kenya army has simply edged out existing arms embargo that disallows its procurement of aggressor defense equipment.The Kenya air-force remains the most closely watched with Ugandan, Ethiopian and South African security and military intelligence very keen about its attack/fighter jets procurement. click link below to read more

That's all true! Its an alarming development for them since they don't directly/indirectly control the KDF. Presiodnetial politics are beyond their influence while the country secures its own regional geopolitical interests. I see a similar peace enforcement type move within the region once Operation linda nchi winds down which will confirm for all practical purposes the KDF in Euro eyes is a rogue organisation!

The losers are obvious,the international Al Qaeda and their Somali wanna bes,along with the Anglojews. Their pretensions as the sole bringers of peace and development have been shattered and both Uncle Sam and Johnny Brit are scrambling for relevance. Remember the sudden Somali Peace Conference in London in February?
The incursion took them totally by surprise as can be seen from the pique in their various semi official news agencies and think tanks.
Karanja'z Place: THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE KISMAYU CAPTURE

actually it has effect
on economy. military power go hand in hand with economy projection. the
wealthier you are the more muscle you need to protect your wealth and
deter possible aggressors. ama niaje Nairoberry?

kweli and with discovery of massive oil and gas deposit onshore and offshore kenya army will become more active in the region

kweli and with discovery of massive oil and gas deposit onshore and offshore kenya army will become more active in the region

annex mt. kilimanjaro, al shabab inawafira kila siku. But it's good you are our buffer zone against al shabab, you are doing a fighting for us, but not because we can't do it ourselves..that's wha ilke about kenya!

annex mt. kilimanjaro, al shabab inawafira kila siku. But it's good you are our buffer zone against al shabab, you are doing a fighting for us, but not because we can't do it ourselves..that's wha ilke about kenya!

KDF kills 3,000 Al shabab in one Year
NAIROBI (Sh.M.Network)-Kenya Defence Forces have killed over 3,000 al Shabaab militia during combat since October last year when they entered war ravaged Somalia in pursuit of the al Qaeda linked insurgents.Defence Minister Yusuf Haji yesterday revealed that over 3,000 fighters had been killed and assorted weapons and gun mounted vehicles destroyed or captured during the year long operation.KDF has lost 22 soldiers and officers, as well as a helicopter during the one year it has been in Somalia. It will mark its first anniversary in Somalia on Sunday, October 14
Shabelle Media Network – Yusuf Haji: KDF Kill 3,000 Al Shabaab in One Year

kdf kills 3,000 al shabab in one year
nairobi (sh.m.network)-kenya defence forces have killed over 3,000 al shabaab militia during combat since october last year when they entered war ravaged somalia in pursuit of the al qaeda linked insurgents.defence minister yusuf haji yesterday revealed that over 3,000 fighters had been killed and assorted weapons and gun mounted vehicles destroyed or captured during the year long operation.kdf has lost 22 soldiers and officers, as well as a helicopter during the one year it has been in somalia. It will mark its first anniversary in somalia on sunday, october 14
shabelle media network – yusuf haji: Kdf kill 3,000 al shabaab in one year

during iraq / iran war , each country claimed to kill many soldiers every day. When i made the calculation of soldiers killed in each country efter 7 years, i was surprised to see that the amount of soldiers killed in each country was more than their population

i doubt this information given by shabelle to be something real

during iraq / iran war , each country claimed to kill many soldiers every day. When i made the calculation of soldiers killed in each country efter 7 years, i was surprised to see that the amount of soldiers killed in each country was more than their population

i doubt this information given by shabelle to be something real
enjoy this bro

actually it has effect on economy. military power go hand in hand with economy projection. the wealthier you are the more muscle you need to protect your wealth and deter possible aggressors. ama niaje Nairoberry?

That's possibly why we see Tz & Malawi are pulling their forces close to lake nyasa. There are confirmed news that there are enormous gas & oil reserves there.

Anyone who now doubts Kenya military capability to strike and annihilate any enemy has to be mentally handicapped watch this clip from 0:42 to 1:00 the Tank used here is the challenger tank which Kenya has 76 of not the dubious and obsolete soviet era t-55 and its Chinese varieties used by most African countries south and west of Kenya border. LONG LIVE KENYA!!!!

Nairoberry, that should be the vickers... a show of dominance but the point remains, we are not an occupying force.
an interesting article by obbo in the eastafrican standard, eti now AMISOM should go to afghanistan. taking in to consideration somalia is almost the size of afghan, plus NATO has been there since 2001 with each country contributing troops
awesome job KDF + AMISOM

Correction mate, you like Kenya for its greatness and style of leading. we are NOT bufferzone (tryna be sarcastic?) here is where you go wrong...we do the fight for you because a more peaceful EAC is good for our economy and investments in the region. after pacifying somali, we go in with investments and help in rebuilding that nation. read between the lines...thats the reason you like KENYA

Sudden shift of military power through excellent war and deployment strategy by Kenya defense forces has Africa and its neighbors puzzled and worried for two reasons.

For one, if well equipped, such an army commands significant geopolitical might, and two, there will be a sudden geopolitical and geostrategic importance of Kenya to major world powers particularly, the US, Russia, and Britain, besides France.Defense analysts and espionage agencies have been watching for KDF defense procurement trends in the recent past besides those dating 5-years ago to estimate its capacity besides project its potential as Indian Ocean waters and African military power.

Having used its air, ground, and naval assets exhaustively in Somalia, Kenya army has simply edged out existing arms embargo that disallows its procurement of aggressor defense equipment.

The Kenya air-force remains the most closely watched with Ugandan, Ethiopian and South African security and military intelligence very keen about its attack/fighter jets procurement. click link below to read more

I don't trust this SIN source. How credible is it?

Yaani Kenya kuingia ktk mji wa maruhani (deserted town) wa Kismayo yenye ukubwa kama wa kijiji imekuwa kelele nyiiiingi toka kwa kina Nairoberry!

Yaani Kenya kuingia ktk mji wa maruhani (deserted town) wa Kismayo yenye ukubwa kama wa kijiji imekuwa kelele nyiiiingi toka kwa kina Nairoberry!
tazama hii kisha uongee

I think as kenyans we are getting ahead of ourselves . The new hardware is just a change in policy which seeks to modernize the military, it had to happen some time. this doesn't pose any threat anyone, since all countries go through periodical modernization of its military. Its like getting rid of a nokia 1100 and buying a samsung Galaxy to change with the times .i don't know who in asia will be uncomfortable with the Kenyan military. This is just arrogant and negative propaganda.

I suspect that SIN website is a NSIS scheme since most of the stories their are only about kenya, but i did notice that the tend to get information way before it is announced by the media e.g the beach landing go check you will notice the exact location and who did the assault was announced 1 week before it happened i think the DoD delayed the news to the press meaning that they had to have gotten the news directly from the source hence i think it is a government tool. As for somalia, its not that i don't support our military but what the hell are we doing in somalia. Kenya should be like Switzerland and stay out of other countries affairs. we should only use diplomacy not guns and bombs.

As for weapons i agree with RealMan we should buy only what we need as per prevailing circumstance. a case of stupid spending is Uganda buying of sukhoi 30 jet fighter. it cost between 5000-15000 usd per hour to fly a sukhoi 30. i heard that some kenyan generals late last year were seen in America trying to negotiate to buy f-15 , this is seriously stupid as an F-15 costs 17000-30000 USD per hour to fly.Kenya and Uganda are not rich rather than spending that money on healthcare and education we will be spending on useless endeavors.

I think thumping our chest at the world and saying we did it is to much. what the military did is great but we should get out of Somalia as soon as possible and stick to our own borders forever.

I think as kenyans we
are getting ahead of ourselves . The new hardware is just a change in
policy which seeks to modernize the military, it had to happen some
time. this doesn't pose any threat anyone, since all countries go
through periodical modernization of its military. Its like getting rid
of a nokia 1100 and buying a samsung Galaxy to change with the times .i
don't know who in asia will be uncomfortable with the Kenyan military.
This is just arrogant and negative propaganda.

I suspect that SIN website is a NSIS scheme since most of the stories
their are only about kenya, but i did notice that the tend to get
information way before it is announced by the media e.g the beach
landing go check you will notice the exact location and who did the
assault was announced 1 week before it happened i think the DoD delayed
the news to the press meaning that they had to have gotten the news
directly from the source hence i think it is a government tool. As for
somalia, its not that i don't support our military but what the hell are
we doing in somalia. Kenya should be like Switzerland and stay out of
other countries affairs. we should only use diplomacy not guns and
bombs.

As for weapons i agree with RealMan we should buy only what we need as
per prevailing circumstance. a case of stupid spending is Uganda buying
of sukhoi 30 jet fighter. it cost between 5000-15000 usd per hour to fly
a sukhoi 30. i heard that some kenyan generals late last year were seen
in America trying to negotiate to buy f-15 , this is seriously stupid
as an F-15 costs 17000-30000 USD per hour to fly.Kenya and Uganda are
not rich rather than spending that money on healthcare and education we
will be spending on useless endeavors.

I think thumping our chest at the world and saying we did it is to
much. what the military did is great but we should get out of Somalia as
soon as possible and stick to our own borders forever.

boy,you did better join the salvation army instead of lecturing us here

Back
Top Bottom