English learning thread

Ninapata shida kwenye matumizi ya articles A, An na The. Mwenye uelewa zaidi wa hayo mambo anieleweshe

A inatumika kabla ya maneno yanayoanza na konsonanti kwa mfano, a book, a pilot, a horse...an inatumika kwa maneno yanayoanza na irabu kama vile an orange, an umbrella, an aeroplane, na yenye silent "h" kama vile an hour. The inatumika kurejelea matumizi ya neno mfano...we saw a boy and a girl, the boy we saw was wearing a hat.

Mama wawili is wahat nyou have written a question?No question mark?And if it is a question it would be fine if you would have written have you and not you have i.e how many books have you covered..?

Oops!I have noted Aque!I promise not to repeat it again.

Oooooh! mama wawili i wanted to ask if you are still here, but through reviewing your post behind I saw your comment to someone post, so I feel very happy to see you because you are a founder of this thread.

Thing which I want to you retention here for exchanging experience together.

Last edited by a moderator:
presentend in -presented in
About your want-consider using "about your request/need"
wait sir-consider using "wait for sir"

have a look on the red highlighted sentence above,does it ring a bell to you?Busying???what if you just say busy?

I feel good to get new teacher sir Aqua, thank you very much for your criticization to my wrong point.
I confess that sometimes I have been writing wrongly due to inadequate experience in english field or just typing errors as something wrong written above.

I promise you to consider about what did you criticise me in order to avoid to make another wrongs.

soma stor mbalimbal za kiingereza pamoja na vitabu,jaribu kufanya mazoez ya kuzungumza na kuandika kwapamoja you will win

Tukaze misuli tutashinda

Ahaaahaah kirengesa bwana.

Ninapata shida kwenye matumizi ya articles A, An na The. Mwenye uelewa zaidi wa hayo mambo anieleweshe

Duh!!!maza wawili we mkali!

Sio brash...huyu anahitaji msasa kabisa

You must write our comments in english as tittle explained itself.

You must present you question in english language as the aim of this thread. Read a thread's title above.

It depends on what you want to say. If all you want is someone to repeat, there is no need of adding again, but if someone has already repeated, and you want them to do the same i.e. repeating then repeat again makes sense.

mamawawili brings feedback to members, You started this thread since 2012..Do u manage to speak English currently?

It depends on what you want to say. If all you want is someone to repeat, there is no need of adding again, but if someone has already repeated, and you want them to do the same i.e. repeating then repeat again makes sense.

Dude I think you quoted me wrongly. I think tatty was the one who asked about "repeating".

Oooh sorry...si unajua tena tena hii lugha imekuja na meli?

Don't fear about your ignorance in english writing. This thread established by mama wawili for those who need to understand english language. So you are here with ignorant fellows

mamawawili brings feedback to members, You started this thread since 2012..Do u manage to speak English currently?

I think that your statement above is half complete, so you should write this..
mama wawili bring back a feedback to your fellow members. Since 2012 when you found this thread do you stable an english speaking?

Sir Aqua and Tokyo40 you may correct me if there something wrong.

I think that your statement above is half complete, so you should write this..
@mama wawili bring back a feedback to your fellow members. Since 2012 when you found this thread do you stable an english speaking?

Sir Aqua and Tokyo40 you may correct me if there something wrong.

Please note feedback is a non-countable noun, so you cannot say one feedback (same as a feedback), two feedbacks etc. You can use some feedback or a lot of feedback, note there is no ?s? at the end of the noun feedback.
The word since is used to express time and it means something has been there or has been going on from the time mentioned up to the time of speaking.
Example
I have been waiting for you since morning i.e I have been waiting for you from morning to the time of speaking. Thus putting into consideration how the word since is used I dare to make some correction. Instead of saying,"You started this thread since 2012",I would say "You started this thread in 2012..?".I have not used since because it will mean the process of starting is still taking place from 2012 to the time of speaking,what I see here, if you do a Swahili to English direct translation you are likely to use since.
When expressing time there is difference on using in and on.
When I say in 2012 the month is not known or I know it but I do not want to mention it.When you say in September,the same apply i.e the date is not known or I know it but I prefer not to include it.For date that you are sure you use on example on September 26[SUP]th[/SUP] 20XX.
When you look on the thread it was started on 20thAugust2012 or in August 2012 or in 2012.
So bearing in mind what I have explained above for me at this moment I would write
Mamawawili bring(s removed) feedback to members, you started this thread in 2012/in August2012/on 20thAugust 2012.Have you managed to speak English fluently/correctly?
Please when learning avoid to use letters in place of full words like u for you,2 for to/too.Also when writing take care of capitalization.

Back
Top Bottom