English learning thread

Please note feedback is a non-countable noun, so you cannot say one feedback (same as a feedback), two feedbacks etc. You can use some feedback or a lot of feedback, note there is no ?s? at the end of the noun feedback.
The word since is used to express time and it means something has been there or has been going on from the time mentioned up to the time of speaking.
Example
I have been waiting for you since morning i.e I have been waiting for you from morning to the time of speaking. Thus putting into consideration how the word since is used I dare to make some correction. Instead of saying,"You started this thread since 2012",I would say "You started this thread in 2012..?".I have not used since because it will mean the process of starting is still taking place from 2012 to the time of speaking,what I see here, if you do a Swahili to English direct translation you are likely to use since.
When expressing time there is difference on using in and on.
When I say in 2012 the month is not known or I know it but I do not want to mention it.When you say in September,the same apply i.e the date is not known or I know it but I prefer not to include it.For date that you are sure you use on example on September 26[SUP]th[/SUP] 20XX.
When you look on the thread it was started on 20thAugust2012 or in August 2012 or in 2012.
So bearing in mind what I have explained above for me at this moment I would write
Mamawawili bring(s removed) feedback to members, you started this thread in 2012/in August2012/on 20thAugust 2012.Have you managed to speak English fluently/correctly?
Please when learning avoid to use letters in place of full words like u for you,2 for to/too.Also when writing take care of capitalization.

I got you mr. Aqua

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in learning Swahili. Could someone be kind enough to direct me to a Swahili learning thread? Thank you.

I got you mr. Aqua
Where is Mama wawili,missing her so much also I am curious to know her improvement.Anyway, I believe her thread helped a lot of people to be much more confident and fluent in English speaking.

Still I encourage teachers to go on giving support and contribution in this thread.

Salute to all

So you are a citizen of what country?

The United States. I was born in Mombasa but I don't think I have any rights in Kenya as a citizen as neither of my parents were born there. In the United States, if you're born on American soil then you're a citizen. I'm pretty sure it's not the same in Kenya.

Hi every body. Nashida moja wapendwa naomben msaada wa kuwezeshwaa nam nijuee kuongea kiingereza napenda saana nifahamu lugha hii.

Mimi Mama Wawili (naamini na wengine wengi) nina nia sana ya kujifunza na kuboresha uwezo wangu wa kutumia Lugha ya Kiingereza. Nimeomba ushauri na nimepata jibu kuwa kuna washiriki wengi hapa JF wana uwezo wa kunikuza katika hii lugha ngeni ambayo kwangu ni Mtihani katika kuweza kuitumia. Naomba ushauri wenu lakini zaidi naomba kujifunza. Kila ambae anaona anaweza kuwa ni Mwalimu naomba niwe mwanafunzi wake katika hili.

Nitajitahidi sana post zinazofuata nitumie Kiingereza ambacho nina hakika kabisa kuwa kitapinda; na hapo ndipo najikabidhi kwenu ili kiwe kinyoofu. Nitakuwa huru sijali kukosea sababu najua ndio njia pekee naweza tambua ni kwa kiasi gani nakosea hasa nikitegemea masahihisho toka kwenu.

Natanguliza shukrani kwa washiriki wote wataoweza nisaidia katika mapungufu yangu ya lugha hii ya Kiingereza.

Mama Wawili.

Jamani nami ningependa kujifunza kifupi nime ply hiyo video ya training lakini ninataka niiweke kwenye computer yangu nitafanyaje naman ya kuiweka? Nisaidieni jamani
asante

Last edited by a moderator:
The United States. I was born in Mombasa but I don't think I have any rights in Kenya as a citizen as neither of my parents were born there. In the United States, if you're born on American soil then you're a citizen. I'm pretty sure it's not the same in Kenya.

I understood you! I advice you to start new thread for swahili learning programme. Am not better in swahili grammer but, because swahili is my language, I will support you to understand our language like us who trying daily to understand english. You are welcome.

I understood you! I advice you to start new thread for swahili learning programme. Am not better in swahili grammer but, because swahili is my language, I will support you to understand our language like us who trying daily to understand english. You are welcome.

Anakuzingua tu huyo mkazi wa US anajiita matuidi

Ok, thanks man. I appreciate it. :poa

Mimi Mama Wawili (naamini na wengine wengi) nina nia sana ya kujifunza na kuboresha uwezo wangu wa kutumia Lugha ya Kiingereza. Nimeomba ushauri na nimepata jibu kuwa kuna washiriki wengi hapa JF wana uwezo wa kunikuza katika hii lugha ngeni ambayo kwangu ni Mtihani katika kuweza kuitumia. Naomba ushauri wenu lakini zaidi naomba kujifunza. Kila ambae anaona anaweza kuwa ni Mwalimu naomba niwe mwanafunzi wake katika hili.

Nitajitahidi sana post zinazofuata nitumie Kiingereza ambacho nina hakika kabisa kuwa kitapinda; na hapo ndipo najikabidhi kwenu ili kiwe kinyoofu. Nitakuwa huru sijali kukosea sababu najua ndio njia pekee naweza tambua ni kwa kiasi gani nakosea hasa nikitegemea masahihisho toka kwenu.

Natanguliza shukrani kwa washiriki wote wataoweza nisaidia katika mapungufu yangu ya lugha hii ya Kiingereza.

Mama Wawili.

Mama Wawili.

yeah!!
a cum up en read wat yuh jus rote dawn en I naw enstand wat yuh cum about is to enstand de language to me cyan she dat
its so easy to enstand the language wat to do is to watch or listern all tv shows or radios shows that involve two ppl spekin and yuh must have yuah exercise book write thos words as yuu jus heard and then find your spear time tryn imitate it for yuasehf alone without being wit no baldy aside.
believe my words yul be good in English !!!
keep it up that what mi misehf done

Back
Top Bottom