African Satellite World and Sat Gear

LoL! ..."incorporate it into the architecture of a side structure eg a hen house ......".
Yeah, for such gigantic dishes, you require sufficient space in your compound; plus, maybe, permission from your 'county governor'!

Did you know that in certain countries in the west you cannot even install a 90Cm dish in your compound without written permission from your estate association? Some neighborhoods in developed countries place a total ban on dishes and prefer all to rely on cable TV! Reason being that “It will allow for the protection of neighborhood character and address a serious quality of life issue."

Read this:

Boston City Council Bans Putting Satellite Dishes on Fronts of Houses:
BOSTON, February 22, 2012 —Boston is poised to become one of the first cities in the nation to ban satellite dishes from marring neighborhoods.

Next week the Boston City Council is expected to pass a resolution, which will be signed by the Mayor that will require satellite companies to install dishes in locations that don’t affect the aesthetics of a neighborhood.

It would also require them to remove unused equipment left behind by old customers.
The City Councilor, who wrote the ordinance, called the dishes a "blight" on city neighborhoods.
"All I want them to do is make every effort to place their satellite dishes anywhere but the facade of the building".

Hefty removal fees and absentee landlords have created eyesores in neighborhoods that are not protected by a historic district designation.
"It looks terrible," "It brings the whole neighborhood down," "It makes me mad.", said residents of East Boston who wish the ban to be enforced.

The association argues that the rules "violate a 1996 FCC rule that only limits the placement of satellite dishes in cases of public safety or historic preservation." Boston is following in the footsteps of Philadelphia, which already passed a similar measure.

The Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association represents satellite dish companies and is challenging the ordinance Philadelphia enacted, stating the city has no right to tell them how to get reception.

Ref: Boston City Council Bans Putting Satellite Dishes on Fronts of Houses | BostInno ; Boston May Ban Satellite Dish 'Eyesores' | WCVB Home - WCVB Home

Meanwhile, we should enjoy installing all sizes of 'Big Beautiful Dishes' (BBD) before such laws catch up with us!

Man I wouldn't want to live in such a city. Apparently they are so developed that life has taken on such an 'artificial ' quality. On the other hand though, those ugly contraptions propped on bent sticks that are supposed to receive UHF on kenyan rooftops are quite an eye sore.

The dissappearing act of channels.
Qtv on 8W seems to have followed what the MBC mux on 7W did. There is gigantic banner there asking as to re-scan with 11111 v 27500. Iko shida
:suspicious: Noticed the same..tried to rescan on the 11111, then it indicated that no such ish...is in existence:frown::confused2:

Man I wouldn't want
to live in such a city. Apparently they are so developed that life has
taken on such an 'artificial ' quality. On the other hand though, those
ugly contraptions propped on bent sticks that are supposed to receive
UHF on kenyan rooftops are quite an eye sore.

I agree, there is nothing as ugly as thousands of polio infected wooden poles on rooftops. Thats the reason why Gotv and Startimes are selling Antennas plus coaxial cables. Kenyans are connecting bad antennas to their decoders (some even nail old ugali sufurias on the wooden poles) and the 2 pay tv companies are reaping big from this by selling a typical aerial for almost 1K.

BREAKING NEWS! EUTELSAT 3B satellite successfully blasted into orbit by Sea Launch ….

….. Now on its way to 3° East; Eutelsat's new satellite to enter service in July

Paris, 27 May 2014 – Eutelsat Communications (NYSE Euronext Paris: ETL) announces the successful launch of its EUTELSAT 3B satellite by a Zenit-3SL rocket operated by Sea Launch AG from the ocean-based Odyssey Launch Platform in the Pacific Ocean.

Lift-off of the rocket carrying the six-tonne satellite took place on Monday 26 May at 21.10 GMT/UTC. After a 1-hour flight, the Zenit-3SL booster released EUTELSAT 3B into geosynchronous transfer orbit. Partial deployment of the satellite's solar array was carried out successfully within two hours of spacecraft separation.

Commenting after launch and first manoeuvres, Eutelsat Chairman and CEO, Michel de Rosen said: "We are delighted to see EUTELSAT 3B on its way to 3 degrees East and thank Sea Launch and Energia for this flawless launch. EUTELSAT 3B will be a strong platform for growth at our 3° East orbital position. Its exceptional range of payloads will enable us to tailor our response to customers operating broadband, data, telecom and video services in a vast footprint spanning from Brazil to Central Asia."

Following early orbit operations which include circularising the satellite's orbit, fully extending solar arrays and deploying antennas, EUTELSAT 3B will undergo a full series of in-orbit tests. The latest satellite to Eutelsat's fleet is expected to enter full commercial service in July.

Built for Eutelsat by Airbus Defence and Space using its E3000 platform, EUTELSAT 3B has been designed to increase and diversify Eutelsat's resources and footprint at its 3° East orbital position. The first commercial satellite to assemble Ku, C and Ka payloads in a single platform, it will operate up to 51 transponders. Its innovative tri-band configuration will enable customers to select from three frequency bands connected to footprints covering Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia and Brazil.

EUTELSAT 3B will replace the EUTELSAT 3D satellite that will subsequently be co-positioned with EUTELSAT 7A at 7° East to provide expansion capacity and enhanced in-orbit security for data, telecom and video markets in Europe, Turkey and Africa.

Refs: http://www.eutelsat.com/home/news/press-releases/2014/press-list-container/eutelsat-3b-satellite-successful.html

Pre-launch photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eutelsat_communications/ ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/eutelsat_communications/14052150647/ ; https://www.flickr.com/photos/eutelsat_communications/page1/ ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVKxg6n2Szg&feature=youtu.be

Sea Launch Returns to Flight with successful Zenit Launch: http://www.spaceflight101.com/sea-launch---eutelsat-3b-launch-updates.html

Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-1.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-2.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-3.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-4.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-5.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-6.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-7.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-8.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-9.jpg Eutelsat 3B Launch-26052014-10.jpg

Morning Ruffcast,

Thanks for the update on Openview.Most of the reviews have been from west africa.Good to know the signal is strong too.How much is the box to nairobi,kenya?Which courrier did you use to ship from SA?I need 2,one for myself and a friend in kenya.I havent contributed to alot of post here so pardon my posting on group,i cant pm.My email is mosechizi@gmail.com
Let me know the works involved to get the box,contacts or phone.

regards
Astrovoxx

Just received my activated OVHD receiver.. so now happily enjoying watching SABC 1,2,3 , ETV HD,E-africa,e-movies,e-kasi etc for free.

The downside to this receiver as someone already pointed out is that it doesnt allow tuning in to other channels apart from the OVHD channels.other thing you cant use Diseq.

So I now have so cables running from a dual samson lnb ; one to my diseq switch and another directly to the new OVHD receiver.

View attachment 160432View attachment 160433View attachment 160434

Openview HD on SES 5 at 5.0°E - LyngSat

Anybody what satellite the former c band dishes used by multichoice before 2010 were locked to which satellite and if that satellite they were locked on has any fta? I see most of them facing east so could be a satellite positioned past 50 deg East

Morning Ruffcast,

Thanks for the update on Openview.Most of the reviews have been from west africa.Good to know the signal is strong too.How much is the box to nairobi,kenya?Which courrier did you use to ship from SA?I need 2,one for myself and a friend in kenya.I havent contributed to alot of post here so pardon my posting on group,i cant pm.My email is mosechizi@gmail.com
Let me know the works involved to get the box,contacts or phone.

regards
Astrovoxx

Hi any body here in momasa with str 4950M kindly tel me the advantage nd disadvantage be 4 buying it from abateish(misisipy shop)

Anybody what satellite the former c band dishes used by multichoice before 2010 were locked to which satellite and if that satellite they were locked on has any fta? I see most of them facing east so could be a satellite positioned past 50 deg East

It used to be called Panamsat 7/10 at 68.5 degrees East. These days it is known as Intelsat 20 at 68.5 East. Check for the FTA C-Band and Ku-Band channels on this satellite: http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-20.html

I plan to renew my bein sports yearly subscription via paypal.. Anyone with any leads regarding the price/whole process? Any leads will be greatly appreciated

maybe Intelsat 20

I plan to renew my bein sports yearly subscription via paypal.. Anyone with any leads regarding the price/whole process? Any leads will be greatly appreciated

check on olx there is a guy who is renewing it for people in kenya for free u jst give him the money and card number wait for 3.hrs nd subs will b renewd

Hi any body here in momasa with str 4950M kindly tel me the advantage nd disadvantage be 4 buying it from abateish(misisipy shop)
I would rate it 9 over 10 the only disadv its the adaptor (its affected by power fluctuation)

4950M receives frequencies above 12750 like 21553H for Muvi TV on 7E as indicated on flysat

Back
Top Bottom