Top 10 Favourite Books I've Read in 2023 đź“š - Frank M Lwakatare

Jun 20, 2011
PhotoGrid_Site_1704192766478.jpg

📌 Frank Notes Top 10 Favourite Books Read in 2023⚡

My reading journey in 2023 unearthed a wealth of knowledge that sparked my intellect and fuelled my imagination, where I read a total of 36 books (30 New gems and 6 cherished Re-reads). I mostly dived into books about Stock Market Investing, Autobiographies, Geopolitics, and Technology, where each read was a delightful surprise. Choosing the top 10 became a challenge as each book was a gem that captured my heart. The delay in sharing this list is a testament to the struggle of picking the best among the best. However, after careful analysis, I present to you my Top 10 Favourite Books.

1. The Zurich Axioms: Timeless Investment Secrets of the Swiss Bankers. đź“– By Max Gunther (1985).

The journey of financial enlightenment with Max Gunther's Zurich Axioms has with no doubt become top on the list. This investment guidebook outlines the strategies that made the Swiss bankers and businessmen wealthy beyond belief. Gunther provides 12 major Axioms that can help anyone succeed in investing as he calls it “The Swiss style.”, where Unconventional wisdom meets calculated risk, revealing the secrets of successful investing that defy conventional norms. This book challenged most of my beliefs and redefined my approach to wealth.

2. The Code Breaker: Gene Editing, and the Future of the Human Race. đź“– By Walter Isaacson (2021).

In The Code Breaker, Walter Isaacson paints a vivid portrait of Jennifer Doudna, a scientist who cracked the code of genetic engineering. This riveting biography is not just about decoding genes, it's an inspiring narrative of courage, curiosity, and the pursuit of groundbreaking discovery.

3. The Dead Are Arising: Autobiography of Malcolm X. đź“– By Les Payne and Tamara Payne (2020).

This book offers valuable insights into the civil rights movement and the extraordinary life of one of the 20th century’s greatest souls. The Payne’s delivers a groundbreaking exploration of Malcom’s life, providing unique perspectives beyond his famous autobiography written by Alex Haley. Their skilfully extensive research and interviews reveal Malcolm X as a visionary intellect, challenging media portrayals.

4. What I Learned About Investing From Darwin: đź“– By Pulak Prasad (2023).

This book explores the intersection of evolution and investing in Pulak's enlightening journey. From Darwinian principles to investment strategies, Pulak offers a unique perspective on adapting and thriving in today's ever-evolving financial ecosystem where the vast majority of equity fund managers are unable to beat the market over the long time, which has led to massive outflows from active funds to passive funds. I can say the book can act as a guide for aspiring investors seeking wisdom from real-world experiences.

5. Black Girl from Pyongyang: In Search of My Identity. đź“– By Monica Macias (2023).

This book is a riveting true story that provides a unique perspective on life in North Korea. Monica, daughter of Equatorial Guinea's former president, recounts her extraordinary childhood in Pyongyang under the protection of President Kim Il Sung. This powerful narrative, written by one of the few non-Koreans raised in North Korea, sheds light on her experiences, including adapting to a new environment, learning Korean, and undergoing military training.

6. My Inventions: Autobiography of Nikola Tesla (1919).

This book takes you on a journey through the corridors of Tesla’s revolutionary mind. From the electrifying origins of his ideas to the battles of innovation, Tesla’s narrative is a symphony of brilliance. His intentions, laid bare on these pages, reveal not just a scientist but a dreamer who dared to envision a future beyond the confines of his time.

7. The Value Investors: Lessons from the World’s Top Fund Managers. 📖 By Ronald W Chan (2012).

This book captivates the journey into the minds of successful investors filled with anecdotes and lessons, it is an inspiring testament to the timeless principles that guide value-driven strategies. Chan urges that success in investing doesn’t correlate with I.Q. once you’re above the level of 125, Once you have ordinary intelligence, what you need is the temperament to control the urges that get other people into trouble in investing.

8. Same as Ever: A Guide to What Never Changes. đź“– By Morgan Housel (2023).

Morgan delves into the dynamics of constants in an ever-changing world, offering a profound exploration of timeless principles that shape human behaviours. Through personal anecdotes, historical events, and contemporary examples, he provides insights into optimizing risk, achieving success, and leading a fulfilling life.

9. Elon Musk: Biography. đź“– By Walter Isaacson (2023).

This biography serves as a captivating exploration of Elon Musk's extraordinary life and relentless pursuit of solving humanity's existential challenges. The book, written with an engaging style provides a comprehensive journey from Musk's challenging childhood in South Africa to his pivotal role in revolutionizing industries with companies like Tesla and SpaceX. Isaacson skilfully portrays Musk's determination, facing near-catastrophic business failures and maintaining an intensity that filters those capable of navigating the demands of his ambitious missions. It highlights the incredible achievements, yet doesn't shy away from the toll on Musk and those around him.

10. Skin in the Game: Hidden Asymmetries in Daily Life. đź“– By Nassim N Taleb (2017).

Taleb's book Skin in the Game is a philosophical exploration of accountability and risk-taking. It challenges you to not merely spectate but actively participate in the decision-making process. I can say it is a compelling manifesto for those who dare to make a difference against the matrix.

Additionally, in 2023 I wrote 13 new book reviews and wrote 5 captivating stories, all available for free at the Kijistore Bookshop Catalogue. May the upcoming year be adorned with literary wonders and fantastic reads for each of you. Wishing you all a Happy New Year.

#kijistonelibrary #franknotes #readtoimpact #fml2023top10

Join Frank notes Whatsapp Channel Via the Link Below

See also 2022 & 2021 Frank Notes Top 10 via the Links Below.

Reading is one thing, putting in action is another thing.

Reading is one thing, putting in action is another thing.
Absolutely, reading is a valuable step, but the true magic happens when knowledge transforms into action. The true power of literature lies in its ability to ignite change in the way we think and act.

Today I have done with the book 'How to win friends and enfluence people' wow is was as sweet as a fiction nilitamani kisiisheee
Halloooooow mmmmmmmmh badiiiiiiii mwamba katema madini aisee