The Tanzanian electioneering time, a measure to the said " restored democratic space".

El Roi

JF-Expert Member
May 29, 2020
I have heard people applauding the moves well initiated by the president to bringing in sanity in our local politics.

I partly concur with them,though on the other hand, l remain with perplexities since we haven't yet stepped into the electioneering time.

As for me, the measure for the said political reformation, which has been widely cheered up to be restored by the current regime ,will be during the elections period.

The elections in African countries are always characterized by rigging, violations of human rights, corruption, and of course the lack of fair treatments and level grounds especially to those who strive to enter into power against the Achievers.

The use of government machineries, military, the police, national intelligence, so forth ,to rigging the elections in favour of people in power is vividly a normal conversations in our civilian corridors.

My congrats upon the moves done by the current regime, in line with the sanitization of our local politics, really awaits the electioneering time.

Will the initiators of the moves play fairly ? Will they not use the government machineries to helping them retain power where will have seen as if they are losing? Will they retain the soberity I see them possessing now, as they try to campaign for the seemingly bringing back of democratic equal space for all ?

My halt is so simple, "until the elections will have been passed over, I reserve my commendations in regard to the new oriented wave of restoring the Democratic space"

See you during the electioneering period!

May God bless our lovely country- Tanzania.

Back
Top Bottom