Mbowe: Better days are coming for security forces

CHADEMA

JF-Expert Member
Apr 13, 2013
August 11, 2023

KAYENZE, MWANZA. The National Chairman of the main opposition political party- CHADEMA Mr
Freeman Mbowe has stated that if his party wins the 2025 presidential election, he will ensure that the country's security forces live better lives, pledging to address core challenges that significantly impact their professional efficiency.

During his ongoing tour of the Lake Victoria Zone regions, the opposition leader had learnt that the security forces in the regions, including police officers lacked proper housing, among other challenges.

"Since independence, our country has been led by the CCM party, but it has failed to alleviate poverty among citizens. During my recent visit to Geita, I was informed about the lack of adequate housing for public servants, including police officers, as well as the shortage of equipment such as patrol vehicles," stated Mr Mbowe on Friday August 11, 2023 while addressing a rally in Kanyeze Ward, in Mwanza region.

Adding "As the Chairman of this party, I recognize the significant role of the security forces in protecting citizens and their properties. Therefore, my party will value their contribution to the nation by improving their welfare and creating a better environment to enhance their work efficiency."

Speaking about the upcoming 2025 elections, the opposition leader urged all security forces across the country not to engage in any activities that would lead to the violation of laws and regulations governing elections, including vote manipulation at counting centers.

"Without the assistance of the police, CCM can not win elections. I urge the security forces not to partake in the sin of aiding CCM in stealing the votes of citizens who turn out in large numbers to choose their preferred leaders," said Mr Mbowe.

In relation to the port contract debate, Mr Mbowe called upon the country's security forces to unite with the citizens in opposing the investment.

Ends-
IMG_7071.jpg

Back
Top Bottom