Kenya ranked among 'failed States' because of the Somali War...Time to reassess!

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Somalia war drags Kenya in failed states index

PIX3.jpg

The Assanand building where the blast occurred on Moi Avenue, Nairobi May 28, 2012.

By Kevin J Kelley in New York
Posted Monday, June 18 2012 at 14:40.

Violence linked to Kenya's "entanglement" in Somalia is among the reasons cited for the country's poor rating in the 2012 "failed states index" issued on Monday by a US-based think tank.

Kenya is again ranked No. 16 among 177 countries evaluated by the Fund for Peace in an annual survey published by Foreign Policy magazine.

"One of Africa's most developed countries, Kenya sat at No. 34 on the failed states index back in 2006," the Washington research institute notes.

But instability following the 2007 presidential election caused Kenya to be relegated to the 13th spot in the 2010 index.

Kenya has made progress in state-building in the past two years, the Fund for Peace says, citing the approval of a new constitution and the International Criminal Court's indictment of suspected instigators of the post-election violence.

"Still, Kenya's entanglement in Somalia, where it sent thousands of troops last fall, has resulted in several attacks and kidnappings along the Kenya-Somali border, introducing new pressures in a country still struggling to recover from a half-decade of turbulence," the analysis adds.

"Kenya also hosts the world's largest refugee camp, teeming with Somali drought victims."

The Failed States Index measures factors such as demographic pressures, presence of internally displaced persons and refugees, "group grievance," uneven development and respect for human rights.

Kenya scores worst in the "factionalised elites" category and best on the economic growth criterion.

The five states ranked worst on the index are all in Africa. Somalia takes the No 1 spot for the fifth consecutive year, followed by Democratic Republic of Congo, Sudan, Chad and Zimbabwe.

Uganda holds the 20th place in this year's index, while Tanzania, at No 66, is given one of the best ratings in black Africa. South Africa and Ghana are the most positively rated in all of Africa.

Finland is said to be the least failed state. The United States is assigned the 159th spot, one grade better than the United Kingdom's.

Somalia war drags Kenya in failed states index*- News*|nation.co.ke

Hapa patamu.....:A S wink:

while Tanzania, at No 66, is given one of the best ratings in black Africa. South Africa and Ghana are the most positively rated in all of Africa.

• Thanks
Reactions: FJM
vipi kaka tichaz?yaani tz mpaka wasaidiwe na referee kumenyana na wakenya? mkatoa wakenya international forum mpaka hapa isitoshe wewe unatumia nguvu zako kuwasaidia dhidi ya wakenya watano tu. maajabu ya musa. itakuaje sasa wakenya wakimshinda hapa mtaa waanzia forum nyingine? sijawahi muona mod mwenye upendelevu wa aina hii na asiye kuwa hata na haya wala aibu. anyway kenyans will take you and your side kicks whole with or without your mod powers

vipi kaka tichaz?yaani tz mpaka wasaidiwe na referee kumenyana na wakenya? mkatoa wakenya international forum mpaka hapa isitoshe wewe unatumia nguvu zako kuwasaidia dhidi ya wakenya watano tu. maajabu ya musa. itakuaje sasa wakenya wakimshinda hapa mtaa waanzia forum nyingine? sijawahi muona mod mwenye upendelevu wa aina hii na asiye kuwa hata na haya wala aibu. anyway kenyans will take you and your side kicks whole with or without your mod powers

Just write in English, utaeleweka kwa urahisi mazee....Kiswahili kina wenyewe!

Kisha kumbuka si kila nyuzi humu ndani ni ligi mpaka ishakua taabu sasa.
Hamna anaeshindana na mwenzie humu ndani na kama hayo nd'o mafikra yako
basi kazi unayo...wenzio walikata mbeleko mpema na mtoto hakuzaliwa.

Usidhani hii forum imeanzishwa kwa sababu wakenya waliwashinda wa-Tz katika malumbano!
Thats the biggest fallacy in your head that clouds any semblance of reasoning that you might
have in you. Ukumbi umetengezwa ili mchangiaji yoyote mwenye hoja kuhusu Kenya aje nazo
humu ndani. Its not an exclusive club where I have seen some of you on record saying eti
"Hii forum ni ya wakenya".....mji unawenyewe huu aloo!

Hata hivyo usikonde kaka, tuendeleze libeneke kwa ustaarabu, heshima na taadhima.

Siku njema.

.....Kumbuka msemo "ukimwaga mboga mwenzio anamwaga ugali"...Upo hapo?

Nairoberry, acha kupiga chenga! Article iko kwenye front page ya nation paper (online) au unahitaji mawani?

"Uganda holds the 20th place in this year's index, while Tanzania, at No 66, is given one of the best ratings in Africa. South Africa and Ghana are the most positively rated in all of Africa".

By Kevin J Kelley in New York

I guess this is just the usual struggle ya NGO based media consultants kuonekana wako kazini. Mataifa mengine yako least ranked katika failed state list na pesa ya kununua boflo pekee ni tabu. This is quite hilarious.

They've been saying Kenya is a failed state since I don't know when (and all the while, their investors consistently put their money into Kenya rather than other so called stable states)...and so what, we are still here na bado tunasonga mbele. We don't need validation from western NGO's eti ndio tuseme we are OK.

Just write in English, utaeleweka kwa urahisi mazee....Kiswahili kina wenyewe!

Kisha kumbuka si kila nyuzi humu ndani ni ligi mpaka ishakua taabu sasa.
Hamna anaeshindana na mwenzie humu ndani na kama hayo nd'o mafikra yako
basi kazi unayo...wenzio walikata mbeleko mpema na mtoto hakuzaliwa.

Usidhani hii forum imeanzishwa kwa sababu wakenya waliwashinda wa-Tz katika malumbano!
Thats the biggest fallacy in your head that clouds any semblance of reasoning that you might
have in you. Ukumbi umetengezwa ili mchangiaji yoyote mwenye hoja kuhusu Kenya aje nazo
humu ndani. Its not an exclusive club where I have seen some of you on record saying eti
"Hii forum ni ya wakenya".....mji unawenyewe huu aloo!

Hata hivyo usikonde kaka, tuendeleze libeneke kwa ustaarabu, heshima na taadhima.

Siku njema.

.....Kumbuka msemo "ukimwaga mboga mwenzio anamwaga ugali"...Upo hapo?

Nina maswali kwako!!!..........Kwanza.......Sababu kubwa yenu yakuwekea subforum wakenya ilikuwa nini haswa?!!! Nadhani ilikuwa kufukuza wakenya kwa kuwa "wanachafua International forum". Sasa watz wakija na lugha yao chafu/insults hapa kwenye Kenyan forum unaonelea iwe vip?!!! Should we take their foul language and swallow them while blind-folded?!!! Wewe haswa kama mod, kazi yako ni ipi maana ninashindwa?!!!........Ama huna habari kuna watu wenye heshima zao wakenya pia wanatoa michango yao hapa?!!! Are you in the business of trying to denigrate Kenyans and their contribution as a hobby?!!! This is a kenyan sub-forum..Kwa hivyo all protocols must be observed na heshima kwa wote itekelezwe. And also my JF account is a special one. If I post double postings I am unable to delete them. Could I get a clear explanation?

...........JF is purely interested in posts that have a civilian orientation. Mbona a crossection ya kenyan subforum/posts zinaendeshwa kama forum ya Majeshi?

Mengi ya posts/contributions wakenya wanaweka hapa ni za maana na from credible sources/informative(No child play). Hivyo there is something very fishy na panel ya mods or you are not coming clean (Ambao naona itawasaidia sana kuelezea). Would you please come clean?!!! Pia nilishuhudia ulifuta post yangu/contribution kwenye post ODM reloaded. Virtually, nimeangalia na nikasoma JF kuna mahali pa subscribed posts/private. All things whether good or bad must come to an abrupt end one day. Wengi tunajaribu kuujizuia kutumia lugha isiyofaa but you are giving us no choice my friend. Do unto others my friend. I am afraid you are contravening uhuru wa kuwa na maoni.

.................My advice to you will be live and let live
hallo!

..Kile ninachoona Most of kenyans here are learned na ndio hii inakuwa bughudha kwa your "elite-thinkers". If kenyans are too smart, then ban everyone of them wakafungue forum zao. Ab-Titchaz, law of contrast must apply everywhere; create a level playing field otherwise IMHO, delete this subforum.

...........In closing, it is very hard to re-align/re-structure people's way thinking to your convenience. In fact, in the face of human differences and diversity, many people's comments are usually centered on their immediate life's disposition. Therefore I would urge you to police this Kenyan sub-forum with integrity and fairness.

For hypothesis purposes lets just say Kenya is a failed state, what does it help the likes of Bantugbro, NDINDA and FJM who liked that story? If you think its a failed state just mind about your stable state and spare us the sideshows.

HAHA what utter rubbish! If the Somali war has rendered Kenya failed, then surely the Afghan, Libyan, Iraqi, Pakistani and the numerous wars the US is fighting make it the epitome of failure! While this news will excite the narrow minded individuals reeling from inferiority complex, a clear minded individual will see it for what it is.

American reactionaries are struck by the decisive nature of Kenyan foreign policy and the swift turn to the East! Meanwhile, you are pampered by your masters and blinded by this 'list of bootlickers' as your land is sold off in huge chunks to American corporations and your national begging bowl is still 33% short. Your citizenry remains the most impoverished in the world and the political prostitution does not end there. The country is under the thumb of one party and democracy is a mere mirage. An island of peace in a sea of poverty!

Livefire, Delta4.....are among the casualties in this war against facts. If I was the moderator that is tasked with banning individuals simply for the fact that they do not hold the same view as I do or they choose to use that thing called 'the brain' I would go burry my head in a hole. It is indeed laughable!

As long as Kenya does not feature prominently on the list below and the government continues making strides towards poverty reduction, I am smiling!

India%2BPoverty%2BNREGA.jpg

SOURCE

Mekatilili, just as the graph you've posted, this thread has it origin - a Kenyan. Ever heard of nation?
And I dont think they wrote it just make Tanzanians feel better!

Mekatilili, just as the graph you've posted, this thread has it origin - a Kenyan. Ever heard of nation?
And I dont think they wrote it just make Tanzanians feel better!

Can I just ask, why is it that some of you guys like to gloat over others' perceived misfortunes? What does that say about those who do as human beings?

Most Tanzanian lads have of late manifested a symptom of visible intellectual-impairment and have failed to withstand/match-up against heavy intellectual bombardments from the likes of Delta4 and Livefire. And now to cover this weakness you have the audacity to come to this designated kenyan forum to denigrate kenyans.

You can put any article ya kudenigrate kenya na kuonyesha inasambaratika we have no problem with that. Lakini msingi wa uhuru wa maoni na posts uwache iwe reality.

*Do not try to re-align people's mode of thinking and postings*. You also have to reconsider your deliberate skewed-up interactions with kenyan forummers
Dhuks
Forum ya INTENATIONAL tayari imeshakuwa "safi". Apparently you have an inbuilt bias for every positive kenyan post regardless of sphere. You want posts that depict a turbulent Kenya.

Because JF forum rules allow for such; you can stay and enjoy those and let those kenyans who post others depicting a turbulent Tanzania enjoy their time.

PS Kabaridi

Please elaborate; i don't understand how i feature in what u said

blue on blue :flame:

:lol:
Meaning this is what was meant for me
Do not try to re-align people's mode of thinking and postings*. You also have to reconsider your deliberate skewed-up interactions with kenyan forummers
Dhuks

I am not trying to solicit favours from anyone; i say it as i see it (If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.)

“One of Africa's most developed
countries, Kenya sat at No. 34 on
the failed states index back in
2006,” the Washington research
institute notes.
that is the only thing that interests me. so how can one of africa most developed country also is one of africa most failed state?? ab tichaz please help us understand.

HAHA what utter rubbish! If the Somali war has rendered Kenya failed, then surely the Afghan, Libyan, Iraqi, Pakistani and the numerous wars the US is fighting make it the epitome of failure! While this news will excite the narrow minded individuals reeling from inferiority complex, a clear minded individual will see it for what it is.

American reactionaries are struck by the decisive nature of Kenyan foreign policy and the swift turn to the East! Meanwhile, you are pampered by your masters and blinded by this 'list of bootlickers' as your land is sold off in huge chunks to American corporations and your national begging bowl is still 33% short. Your citizenry remains the most impoverished in the world and the political prostitution does not end there. The country is under the thumb of one party and democracy is a mere mirage. An island of peace in a sea of poverty!

Livefire, Delta4.....are among the casualties in this war against facts. If I was the moderator that is tasked with banning individuals simply for the fact that they do not hold the same view as I do or they choose to use that thing called 'the brain' I would go burry my head in a hole. It is indeed laughable!

As long as Kenya does not feature prominently on the list below and the government continues making strides towards poverty reduction, I am smiling!

India%2BPoverty%2BNREGA.jpg

SOURCE

Teh, teh teh...... now where are all these come from?????....... you don't like to hear any odds about kenya..
people will laugh at you..... do you know MALI... NIGER..... if you could know those countries..... but pliz check the credibility of the source...otherwise you'll always be misled......

Lakini???
Whatz the problem... The person initiated the motion or motion/post itself.....

According to failed state index, Kenya is among top 20 countries in the World, taking number 15 only 14 steps from Somalia which top the list for five consecutive years. The only countries in Africa with better rating include South Africa and Ghana, Tanzania is the only country in East Africa with good rating placed at number 66

See the whole list in Failedstates 2012 | Foreign Policy

Back
Top Bottom