India: A Superpower in digital economy”, Former FM of Slovak Republic at Raisina ‘ideas Pod’

Abdull Kazi

JF-Expert Member
Dec 29, 2012
INDIA is very close nation partner in international relations, is super power in digital economy digital skills and digital technology multlatery is fighter wounded and lying in the ground multilateral is suffering a major block you cannot artificially establish a focus a something which when the members of such institution are acting in opposite way.

When the war against Ukraine it must be a turning point there is a clear responsibility on Russian side because is unprovoked oppression there people have been killed people died in Ukraine just because are Ukrainian the war with the neighborhood is that way in the game changer it is not exaggeration when I say there is real threat if Ukraine lose then Slovakia have a new neighbor and we don’t want to be a direct neighbor to Russia federation we take in to account that in the pacific region represent three out of four biggest economy in the world outside European union when in the pacific region contribute two third to global growth.

The observer of such foundation I have it been conversation mr.iva korkok former minister FA welcome to rise idea

Question:

Slovakia and India celebrate 30 years of excellent diplomatic relation , Slovakia position aligned much with Indian position in this multilateral forum.

Howe ever our relation in trade and etc have been sum very tradition earlier, what are the new areas in which India and Slovakia can collaborate to the benefit of each other and to the batter common good of all.

Ans.
I want to to underscore that India is very close nation partner I IR from our own perspectives we are small central European country and focus is mainly on our neighborhood we living in globalized world and we a reaching out.

Beyond this area of our main focus in central Europe and ofcours India is a welcome partner no 2 is there is tradition third year of our relation between of coz pre Slovakia time between schecslovakia and the tradition areas of cooperation

I will elaborate on them bt first even during my time we real intensify a political dialog that’s very important today or tomorrow my successor is going to meet for the third time with minister DRY CANSHER with ten month visit Slovakia I was here and I’m here now im saying this because is was good foundation for this partnership and the tradition area example defense today we are opening India Slovakia Defense cooperation forum because is tradition area of cooperation

Two minister of Foreign Affairs is signing today the protocol of cultural exchange so there are other area that bring people more together to get to know each other even better end then in Slovakia we a automotive superpower and there is whole class of industries which is develop the round of automotive with IT sector, electronic simply say we want to explore the areas of economy cooperation with more values and I think
India is superpower when it comes to digital economy, digital skills and digital technology I think we can together achieve ,this will be record when it became trade between Slovakia and India it will reach 1 billion dollars per year we are small economy,

I think there is very good perspective between there is political interest and political will to cooperate more close

Question

So India and Slovakia have a collaborated and cooperated very close on this multilateral forum bt as things have to ensure the conflict in Russia and conflict around the world so as the in ability of global institution to res[pond to situations like Covid and the point the focus on how do you think on the multilateralism could respond and be relevant in the current situation

Ans.
There is no other alternative to multilateralism the tragedy is that we observing around the world the demonstrate what it means for one of distinguish because have the opponent name multilateralism is wounded and lying on the ground multilateralism is such suffering a major block from international community.

To be a lacking multilateralism we have to reestablish that based on trust and cooperation because we are the one who witnessing the conflict such as we see in Slovakia and direct neighborhood,

You mention the focus of international institution you are absolutely right this is the proper world between if there is point institution like that they cannot be effective unless those who are part of this institution it is us it’s the state it’s the sovereign state which represent the membership of those institution respect and observe the basic principles of IR and IL.

Prohibition of views and so those kind of things are pre condition of institution to work and operate you cannot artificially establish the focus of something when the member of such institution are acting in opposite way, and I think we it’s a case study when it comes to failure of multilateralism breach international law humanitarian law use of force,

When it come to the war against Ukraine it must be a turning point.. and I understand you in India in the pacific region when you believe that we are too Eurocentric on this moment we are suffering from this war I agree that in the pas we will not be in pain enough to other conflict.

Between this is turning point really in term of the need to reflect on the basic principle such as Multilateralism and international law in order to prevent people from the suffering of as we are saying that just a few hundred KM from Slovakia so this is horrible,

This is failure there is a clear responsibility because is unprovoked aggression between we need to seat at the table and together and collectively resolute if we want our commitment in to multilateralism because unilateral and in individual interest we tried and persue by 4s that gonna bring us to futher suffering.

Question:

You so rightly said about the conflict in Russia being turning point for Europe so has Russia ukrai conflict led to the rise of European solidarity do see resurgence of pan Europe nationalism we here but eUropean state coming together in the way like never before

Ans.
That’s interesting question I will respond with absolutely Yes when it becom to solidarity bcs in Slovakia we are neighboring country imagine in the first days of conflict 1M refugees hav crossed the border we are 5.5M Citizen in the country and 1.3 the border o eastern Ukrain to Slovakia over two weeks

Imagine 15 of population many of them continue travel to the relatives in Europe bt doesn’t thousand of that stay in Slovakia whatalse if not solidarity with challenge there fore we have been in helping each other assisting its among European countries same time its solidarity of citizen who shared part of wellbeing with those in need its solidarity,

Pan European nationalism that’s interesting I have not even realize bcs this dimension, this angle for which we can look of this I will clearly say no. opposite is reality namely we see what consequences of nationalism that Russian federation imposing on Ukraine can cause the people have been killed,

People died in Ukraine jus for the effect they are Ukrainians the narrative which perceived the war which have been hearing from Russia federation was built the round the underline idea that no such nation such Ukraine,

Yes Solidarity but not pan European nationalism bt rather pan European solidarity pan European determination to oppose great breach of international law because this is threat to the European security architecture.

Question:
Is central and east Europe becoming the new arbitrary for the new European identity is the gravity of European politics shifting to central in Europe

Ans:
Of Corse there is war in our neighbourhood In the very heart of Europe is in away game changer it is in way because countries in a western part of Europe they are just see what is going on in the eastern flange.

And you are right when may be not gravity is moving definitely it’s the point that this country have made clear to Europe but I think global is well what is stake we are direct affected we are neighboring, country all over Slovakia, Romania, hunger those country Baltic countries we are direct neighbor to this horrible development and the world is therefore focus on us

They are attentively listen to us how we are basically struggling with that how we are trying to mobilize those humanitarian and military support because it is not exaggeration that there is real threat.

If Ukraine loses then Slovakia have a new neighbors and we don’t want be the direct neighbor of Russia federation because it full scale military intervention with the view to take over the Ukraine democratic elected government in Kyiv so it’s a whole order is at stake and indeed we are absolutely right European countries butt also global they are listening who are most affected and who are confronted with direct neighboughood

Question :

The EU has come the new focus of indopacific april 2021 new document and convention central need particularly seemingly recalibrating the engagement in the Indopacific we see new engagement of Taiwan and other states what is new thinking in the central Europe

Answer:
You are right because when I look back at 15 to 20 years back the main focus was to be integrated with western institution we v busy with that my country to NATO achieve negotiation latter on we join European Union, but with time of couse looking around more intensively and definitely in the pacific region when you look at the economic strength, look at economic potential, security and defense dimension look at the shift in geopolitical saccumstastances

It is this region , and therefore when I was foreign minister definitely I was the one who said its not abut classical diplomacy bt its about us we are obliged to knock on the doors and open those doors especially for the economic cooperation because the end of the days its jobs and if we can cooperation more closely we take in to account the indo pacific region represent three out of four biggest economy in the outside of European Union.

When indo pacific region contribute with two third to global growth, when you look area of digital economy, we simply have no any other choice but to explore opportunity for close cooperation and similarly you have mentioned, Taiwan for example we have respect one china policy of course on other hand we have good relation with China we in Slovakia, Taiwan is four time bigger than Chinese investment so there for there interest on do you want to use the opportunity on top of potential for prosperity for oun citizen it’s the same what jack .. engaging when he come to central Europe when we have meeting in different format with india bilateral and Slovakia.

But also in the format we mentioned for example as big population wise territory wise you are try to identify partners but possibly you are bit commercial for example visual graft is the very well proven platform

Daah! Mkuu, ni bora ungeandika kwa Kiswahili tu, hapo tungekuelewa vizuri zaidi.

Back
Top Bottom