I am Pregnant with my lecturer’s baby

Shadow

JF-Expert Member
May 19, 2008

kuteleza si kuanguka, jikung'uke na usimame imara.

I am Pregnant with my lecturer’s baby

Published on 13/06/2010
Q: My name is Pauline and I am a college student. I had an affair with one of my lecturers who promised to marry me. Little did I know he was also having an affair with a classmate.

He is the Head of Department and I’ve been failing in all my exams and CATs since I told him I’m expecting his child. He’s been pushing me to drop out of school to avoid ruining his name because he is married.
I realised that my classmate is also pregnant with his baby and suffering the same fate. I’m torn between abortion and suing him. What should I do?
A: Pauline, we shall seek to address your queries on both the abortion and on the possibility of suing your lecturer.
The question of abortion is a thorny one given that abortion is outlawed under the provisions of the Penal Code Act. The act of procuring an abortion amounts to a criminal offence punishable by law where one is found guilty of committing this offence.
You intend to sue the child’s father but you have not stated what action you will be seeking. Given your circumstances, a possible action would be filing a suit in the children’s court once the child is born and seek the court’s order for child custody and maintenance of the child pursuant to the provisions of the Children’s Act.
Child maintenance
The Court Order, if obtained, shall require the lecturer to provide support towards the child’s maintenance. The court will not order full support from the father as it is understood the mother of the child must also contribute towards maintenance of the child.
A court order is sought by filing a case in the children’s court where you will have to provide evidence that the lecturer is indeed the father — and he will be allowed an opportunity to defend himself.
Once the court has considered the evidence from both parties and is guided by the provisions of the law, in this case being the Children’s Act, it shall proceed to make a finding, which is what we call the Order.
However, there are limitations to this action given that the two of you are not married. If the Court finds that the child’s father has acted in a manner as to acquire parental responsibility, notwithstanding that the two of you are not married, it may proceed to make an order for him to support the child’s maintenance.
In some instances, parties to a situation like this enter into negotiations and reach an out-of-court settlement. This agreement can then be recorded in Court as a ‘Parental Responsibility Agreement’, and where this is done, the agreement is enforceable by the Court.

Huyo mdada ni mjinga, he deserve that. awahi abortion vinginevyo ameula wa chuya. hiyo ni kupunguza watoto wa mtaani. Fikiria mjinga kama yeye akizaa huyo mtoto atapata shida sana.

Huyo mdada ni mjinga, he deserve that. awahi abortion vinginevyo ameula wa chuya. hiyo ni kupunguza watoto wa mtaani. Fikiria mjinga kama yeye akizaa huyo mtoto atapata shida sana.

Caroline Danzi: atakwambia kuchoropoa hiyo mimba ni 'dhambi'

mmh jaman msimuhukumu sana kiivo..what she did is nt ryt n none rational to herself bt hakujua jaman naamini angejua asingekubali aingie kwenye moto u.
chakufanya ni kumpa ushauri mzuri jinsi ya kucounter pbm yake lakin habari ya kumbeza au kumsema tena si vizuri as long as anatumikia adhabu ya makosa aliyoyatenda haina tena haja ya kumwongezea maneno ya kumnyima amanai
kwan kuna mtu asiyekosea kwa lolote kwa chochote???????///asiyewai kukosea ata kduchu maishani mwake basi una haki ya kumnyoshea kidole bt km u mkosaji in one way o anaza u beta kp kul .
POLE SANA BIDADA b strong u wl handle t .
km aujapostpond mwaka BADO ebu rudi shule mwaya na km umepostpond ata mwaka aujapita basi nenda ka un do then piga kitabu.
try to 4get him cz he s nt for human consumption
every human makes mistake so u just hold t itapita n u must b carfull wth men cz 80% of em r devil by action.
pole mwaya
TOEN USHAURI .
NAWASILISHA

Hawa dada zetu nao huko vyuoni wanagawa sana ile kitu ili kurahisisha maisha yao . Halafu sasa haya mambo yanajirudia tu kila siku. hivi huwa wanatumia akili au ubongo au uji?????? Ndiyo maana mnaambiwa subirini muolewe ndo mgawe tunda lina thamani yake hilo. Badala yake eti mnadhani mkimegwa ndo mnapendwa. BTW pole bana ila wengine ndo mjifunze hapa.

Maji ukiyavulia nguooo.....................................
Chururu siiiiiiiiii........................................
Mfa maji haaachiiiiiiiii....................................

Hana sababu ya kutoa mimba...sasa ukishatoa mimba ume-solve tatizo?Nafiikiri changamoto ya wanafunzi wengi wa vyuo vikuu ni kushindwa kufahamu student by laws ambazo huwa zinatoa nafasi ya mambo mengi ikiwemo kusimamisha masomo.Nafikiri anaweza kusimamisha masomo wakati huu,suala lake linaweza kuwa na sababu za msingi za kumfanya yeye kusimamisha masomo na kujipanga juu ya uamuzi utakaofuatia!Busara ni yeye kuzaa tu...

Halafu napata shida kuamini kama huyu lecturer atakuwa anawafelisha...unapopata majibu kama umekoseshwa/umefelishwa kwa makusudi...taratibu za chuo zipo...amfuate lecturer wake huyo amueleze kuwa amekoseshwa na amwambie kama atakataa kushughulikia suala lake atapeleka suala hilo kwenye uongozi wa chuo...huwezi kufelishwa tu!Aache uoga...