Ghana Beats Brazil To Win U20 Worldcup!!!

Hongera kwa Ghana kwa kututoa kimasomaso Afrika sio kila siku tuwe tunatamani makombe tu! Hilo la vijana linaashiria kuwa kuna future ya football kwenye bara hili. Hivi wale wadogo zetu waliochukua kale kakombe Brazil kwenye michuano midogo waliishia wapi?

egypt-uruguay-ghana-u20-soccer-2009-10-2-17-43-31.jpg

14.jpg

Adiyiah wins Golden Ball, Shoe gongs

adiyiah.jpg

Ghana striker Dominic Adiyiah claims two personal awards, the Adidas Golden Ball and Golden Shoe gongs at the Fifa U-20 World Cup.

Aside helping Ghana to win their first world title and a first by an African nation, Adiyiah was handed the Golden Ball award.

The Golden Ball gong, the second most prestigious honour at the tournament is presented to the overall best player which Adiyiah claimed after beating Alex Teixeira to it.

And Adiyiah also annexed the Golden Shoe award after finishing the competition with 8 goals, three ahead of Vladimir Koman of Hungary.

But for all the goals that Adiyiah has scored in this competition, one in particular stands out for the 19-year-old.

"It was against the South Africans," he said.

"We desperately needed a goal and I scored it, it was one of the best goals of my career. I knew I was in line with the post and, as a striker; you have to think about what you are going to do when you get the ball, so when I got it I turned and just had a drive. You can't be afraid to miss chances like that."

http://www.ghanafa.org/blacksatellites/200910/4108.asp