Dennis Oliech moves to Turkey on a 200 million deal!

Ab-Titchaz

JF-Expert Member
Jan 30, 2008
Oliech moves to Turkey in Sh200m deal

oliechinside_110712.jpg

Harambee Stars captain Dennis Oliech has joined Turkish club Kasimpasar Spor on a three-year lucrative deal worth Sh7 million a month.

Oliech has been allowed to join the club after his former side AJ Auxerre were relegated last season and the two clubs agreed a Sh200million transfer fees.

According to the terms of the deal, Oliech will be paid Sh6million per month for the current season starting in August. This will increase to Sh7million for the two remaining seasons. On top of that, he will paid a sign on fee of Sh40 million for the first year, and another Sh30 million for the remaining two years.

Oliech, who was in the country on holiday, said he leaves for Turkey today to meet his new team mates and also attend pre-season training.

He said the decision to join the newly promoted Turkish side was due to the fact that they were the only club willing to pay the Sh200million transfer fee demanded by Auxerrre.

"With Auxerre relegated, many clubs who were interested in me did not want to pay so much money to a lower division club.
They were offers from other top clubs in France like Nancy but they were not willing to pay what my club wanted.

"When this Turkish club offered what the club had wanted, I could not resist the move. This is a serious club that has the motivation to go places and I want to help them," he said.

Oliech said playing in Turkey will be as competitive as in French Ligue 1 as both are in the European zone, which also gives him a new experience as he will be able to have a chance to play against other top Turkish clubs.

"Coming to Turkey means I remain in this zone and if I do well, there is always a possibility of getting an even better and bigger club," he said.

Debut show

Oliech was the first Kenyan to play in the French Ligue 1 when he joined Nantes in 2003 from Qatar's Al Arabi. He stayed at the club for two seasons before the team was relegated and he then signed for Auxerre.

While at Auxerre he played in the European Champions League before the club experienced a dip in form and were relegated last season. He started his professional career at Al Arabi in the Qatar after a brief stint at Mathare United.

He has been the country's top scorer since 2002 in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

He recently made an about turn about his association with the national team when he rescinded his decision to quit international football.

Standard Digital : Sports : Oliech moves to Turkey in Sh200m deal

Good man, great footballer. He successfully helped nantes to be relegated, auxerre to be relegated and harambee stars to be knocked out of afrika cup. Am sure he will be great help to the turkey club. To be relegated of course.!

Back
Top Bottom