Centum sets up ‘Eye of Kenya’ wheel at Two Rivers

MK254

JF-Expert Member
May 11, 2013
wheel.jpg

The Ferris wheel at the Two Rivers Mall was officially launched by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday evening. PHOTO | DIANA NGILA | NMG

Centum Investments Thursday launched Kenya’s largest observation wheel at Two Rivers Mall, the latest addition to the facility that features various amenities including theme parks.
The 60-metre-high wheel, dubbed Eye of Kenya, has 40 capsules each sitting an estimated six passengers.
It is meant to give visitors exceptional views of Nairobi.
“As a former chairman of one of Kenya’s organisations tasked with driving Kenyan brand, I am very pleased to see innovations such as the Eye of Kenya launched in the country,” said Centum non-executive director and Two Rivers Development Ltd chairman Chris Kirubi.
“As the tourism sector continues to thrive and grow, we are not closed to the fact that we need to ensure we are offering tourists experiences that are memorable and unique,” he said. President Uhuru Kenyatta graced the launch on Thursday.
Centum is a shareholder of Two Rivers Development, owner of Two Rivers Mall.

Centum sets up ‘Eye of Kenya’ wheel at Two Rivers

That area(ruaka) has really transformed,i decided to pay that area a visit after a long time i couldn't believe the transformation,that area along the northern by pass all the way to thika super highway is just awesome,decent flats and a host of urban and modern eateries,car wash,entertainment joints etc,i think kiambu county gave up on the surbaban sprawl long time ago.juja,ruiru,kabete and thika are now fully fledged metropolitan areas.i think we need to contain this surbaban sprawl to stop eating rich agricultural land in central kenya.

That area(ruaka) has really transformed,i decided to pay that area a visit after a long time i couldn't believe the transformation,that area along the northern by pass all the way to thika super highway is just awesome,decent flats and a host of urban and modern eateries,car wash,entertainment joints etc,i think kiambu county gave up on the surbaban sprawl long time ago.juja,ruiru,kabete and thika are now fully fledged metropolitan areas.i think we need to contain this surbaban sprawl to stop eating rich agricultural land in central kenya.
Uko sahihi. Hapa kiambu pamejaa wajinga wanaouza mashamba waliyoachiwa na mababu zao. Kwanza watu wa nyeri ndio wananunua na kujenga maghorofa. And the land is arable. What a waste!

Lol..lakini kiambu is a great county,its our own version of new jersey...even newyork couldn't contain the sprawl over to new jersey..by the way have you ever ventured further north kiambu road or past banana towards kiambaa,thats another beauty,the sprawling tea farms are breath taking and therapautic,the victorian style british architecture bungalows are still intact,one might be forgiven to think he or she is england,that area is stll the same way the british left...visit brackenhurst one day and you will not be dissappointed:cool:

Back
Top Bottom