Tanzania Politics Discussion Board

Lets analyze and have critical thinking discussions on Tanzanian Politics. ENGLISH ONLY

JF Prefixes:

Early today President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete has meet with Vice-president and Presidential candidate CUF Maalim Seif at state house in Dar es Salaam. This come after Zanzibar Electoral Commission...
1 Reactions
12 Replies
3K Views
source: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000181004&story_title=Kenya-tanzania-elections-not-credible-says-eu Tanzania elections not credible, says European Union Dar es Salaam...
0 Reactions
11 Replies
2K Views
Simmering electoral tension reached a peak Wednesday on the semi-autonomous Tanzanian islands of Zanzibar, following the vote on October 25. The Chairman of the Zanzibar Electoral Commission (ZEC)...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
2K Views
President of the United Republic of Tanzania, Hon. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete has announced tomorrow, Thursday, November 5, to be public holiday. President Kikwete made the decision to allow...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
2K Views
Electoral Commission of Election of Tanzania has officially announced CCM presidential candidate, Dr John Pombe Joseph Magufuli as the president elect of the fifth government in the United...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
2K Views
There is a need for establishment of a mechanism for management of disputes arising from the results of presidential elections,? it said in a report circulated to the media and signed by the...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
1K Views
In our series of letters from African journalists, Joseph Warungu reports that Sunday's presidential election in Tanzania is the most competitive in the country's history. There are foreign...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
2K Views
Dear Lord, its me again writing down this piece of message to you in hope for your answer. I have lived for the greatest number of seconds and years with sorrow and grief in me. Who am I that...
0 Reactions
2 Replies
Dar es Salaam: European Union (EU) observers have expressed reservations on the transparency of the Tanzanian elections. At a press conference, the observers said the National Electoral Commission...
1 Reactions
22 Replies
5K Views
Deputy Minister ?Communication, science & Technology January Makamba has spoken on behalf of the CCM about several things including violence. Makamba said they are trying to motivate youths to be...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
Tanzania opposition demands vote recount By CITIZEN DAILY Team | Wednesday, October 28 2015 at 18:54 Mr Edward Lowassa. FILE | NATION MEDIA GROUP Tanzanian opposition presidential...
0 Reactions
12 Replies
3K Views
For me the contest is between Magufuli and Lowassa. I will vote for Magufuli because I have so many reasons not to vote for Lowassa. I was taught a good leader has the following qualities...
1 Reactions
41 Replies
6K Views
Before he began to read the results of presidential candidates this morning Judge Lubavu has offered clarification on few things specifically on allegation that commission announce different...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Africa Union (AU) observer described overall of General Election that held 25 October 2015 competition was there, but there was not enough transparency among election officials. According to the...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
Why election results in Africa are so slow By Elizabeth Blunt Africa analyst 27 October 2015 From the section Africa Image copyright Getty Images Sunday was a busy day for elections around...
0 Reactions
11 Replies
2K Views
President Kikwete has said it is not wasteful for the Government to spend huge sums of money to modernize and strengthen the military, he said contrary to what some people claim, its the...
0 Reactions
1 Replies
Foreign election observers are expected to commend Tanzanian authorities for a largely peaceful voting day but raise concerns about the levels of transparency in the country's tightly contested...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
Two days after general election many things happened according to the results between political parties. Here in Dar es Salaam, the situation was calm and candidates remained anxious as result...
0 Reactions
0 Replies
1K Views
In 2002, the citizens of the republic of Kenya were tired of the ruling party called KANU (Kenya Africa National Union). It had been in power since Kenya's independence in 1963. The government...
1 Reactions
5 Replies
2K Views
John Magufuli, the Tanzanian ruling party Chama Cha Mapinduzi's presidential candidate, casts his ballot during the presidential and parliamentary election at his hometown Chato district, in Geita...
0 Reactions
17 Replies
4K Views
Back
Top Bottom