World Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn

JF-Expert Member
Mar 17, 2009
Dear Wife/galfriend

1. Between 11 June and 11 July 2010, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World of Soccer, and that way you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a bad way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the World Cup, the television is mine, at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a game, I don't mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me.

4. During the games I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell on the floor ... It just won't happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts), and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the games. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good game that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my teams is losing, DO NOT say "get over it, it's only a game", or "don't worry, they'll win next time". If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about football than me and your so called "words of encouragement" will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one game and you can talk to me during halftime but only when the commercials are on, and only if the half time scores is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying "one" game; hence do not use the World Cup as a nice cheesy excuse to "spend time together".

8. The replays of the goals are very important. I don't care if I have seen them or I haven't seen them, I want to see them again, Many times.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that requires my attendance because:

A) I will not go,

B) I will not go, and

C) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a game, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily World Cup highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the games themselves. Do not even think about saying "but you have already seen this...why don't you change the channel to something we can all watch?" because, the reply will be, "Refer to Rule #2 of this list".

12. And finally, please save your expressions such as "Thank God the World Cup is only every 4 years". I am immune to these words, because before and after this comes the Champions League, Premier League, Super 14, Spanish League, KPL, Grand Prix, Tri Nations, hell, even WrestleMania, etc.

P/S

By the way if you get stuck on the road call 911 or AA.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Hivi hapa bongo hakuna kampuni iliyonadaa usafiri wa mabasi japo wavuja jasho tukaangalie hata kwenye screen zilizo nje ya uwanja kama si pub za karibu na uwanja

Unsold seats returned to FIFA

fb4907185fea02d0a8850ff3758ae523.jpg
Empty seats England fans

Football associations across the globe have been returning unsold World Cup tickets for the first time in the modern history of the tournament, according to the Daily Mirror.
Some 650,000 of the 2.95 million available seats are still unsold for the tournament in South Africa, which kicks off in just over 11 weeks time.
And the newspaper reports that for the first time at a modern World Cup even the allocations sent to competing nations are being returned unsold to FIFA.
Of the 570,000 seats made available to the competing nations, an astonishing 330,000 - nearly 60 per cent - are being sent back to organisers.
Even in England, the best-supported nation, 1,000 of the FA's 29,000-ticket allocation is being returned due to lack of interest. The FA previously asked for a three-month extension to sell even those seats.
Worries over rapidly inflating flight and hotel costs, together with safety fears for visitors, are thought to have put fans off making the journey.
At the last World Cup in Germany in 2006, all seats were sold months in advance as 15m applications were made for 3.4m tickets

Haya jamani tiketi hizo bado zipo tukaangalie world cup kwa sababu huwezi kujua labda ndio mpaka 2050 tena WC kuja Africa.

Worries over rapidly inflating flight and hotel costs, together with safety fears for visitors, are thought to have put fans off making the journey
Hii sababu ya msingi kabisa na kwa nchi za afrika hii ipo wazi ..ni kama kufa kufaa..Mgeni njoo mwenyeji apone....Nahisi kuna baadhi ya mechi zinaweza chezwa kwenye viwanja visivyo na mashabiki labda wawe waachiwa kuingia bure kupiga vuvuzela

Hii sababu ya msingi kabisa na kwa nchi za afrika hii ipo wazi ..ni kama kufa kufaa..Mgeni njoo mwenyeji apone....Nahisi kuna baadhi ya mechi zinaweza chezwa kwenye viwanja visivyo na mashabiki labda wawe waachiwa kuingia bure kupiga vuvuzela

ipi?inflation,safety? isije kuwa ni credit crunch wanasingizia safety...wazungu wana majungu sana,waliongea sana juu ya crime south africa naona sasa wanataka kuwa vindicated.

Hotel costs na usalama...Its true kupitia hii taarifa ya kurudishwa ticket wengi wamepata wasiwasi ila wanaweza zituma kwa nchi za africa japo watu wakatoe tongotongo..Ila kiukweli Sauzi usalama wake ni mashaka tusubirie matukio tu game zikianza..Binafsi nahamu ya kwenda kuwatch japo Games za kuanzia robo ila vurugu lake ndo sipati picha ila mechi za mwanzo zitatoa mwelekeo kamili..

Recession inatafuna kwa kwenda mbele, ukiangalia mashabiki wengi walikuwa wanataka kwenda kwa kutumia credit cards na kutumbua, lakini kutokana na kuporomoka kwa uchumi na kazi kupungua wengi wanaamua kuangalia tu kwa sababu hakuna ujanja. Fweza kwishnei!

THE world soccer governing body, FIFA, has endorsed 90 more World Cup tickets for local soccer fans to purchase, ahead of the event in South Africa from June 11 to July 11.

A statement issued today by the General Secretary of the Tanzania Football Federation (TFF), Fredrick Mwakalebela in Dar es Salaam, said that the move follows the federation request for more ticket allocations to the country, because he said demand exceeded supply.

However, Mwakalebela said the tickets increment was still not enough, saying they will continue to persuade FIFA to add more tickets, so as to allow Tanzanian soccer fans descend to South Africa and watch the world’s major soccer event staged in African soil for the first time.

“FIFA has given us 90 more tickets and priority will be given to those who had applied,but could not get them.

We still have over 450 pending requests for the quarters, semis and finals,” said Mwakalebela.

He added that all the added tickets are for the first semi-final match to be played at Green Point Stadium in Cape Town on July 6.

He said the lowest price for ticket is 250 US dollars and highest is 600 US dollars.

He said those who had applied should go to the federation and pay for the tickets by April 2.

FIFA admits the rush for tickets hasn’t been entirely as fast as they would like in many other countries, citing cost, travel difficulties and concern about security as some of the reasons why fans are reluctantly deciding to stay at home.

And the stay away is particularly in Africa.

However, that scenario could be slightly different in Tanzania, where soccer fans rushed to grab earlier 290 tickets that were allocated to the country.

Apparently, over 700 fans had applied for tickets through the TFF, but only 290 were allocated to the country as it was the case for all other non-World Cup participating members.

Several critics have said Africa's first World Cup is out of reach for all but a tiny proportion of the continent's fans because of lack of flights, the consequent high price of tickets and absence of any other transport options.

Recently, FIFA General Secretary Jerome Valcke said Mobile ticket centres would be set up in South Africa's neighbouring countries, in another attempt to make the June 11-July 11 tournament more accessible to African fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.