Why do we do things that shortens our lives?

Abunwasi

JF-Expert Member
Jun 25, 2009
Why do people have unprotected sex despite being aware of HIV/Aids pandemic?
Why do people smoke when they know that it increases their chance of lung cancer?
Why do people over eat when they know that obesity increases the odds of many different diseases?
Why do people drink alcohol when they know that alcohol consumption (at least over consumption) leads to many different diseases?
Why do people do heroin, cocaine, or other hard drugs when they know that it can lead to addiction and could also lead to mental retardation and other associated diseases?
Why do people drive without seatbelts on when they know that in a crash their odds of survival are a lot less with a seatbelt on?
I could go on and on with questions like these. People will take chances with certain parts of their lives.
I think that a lot of us live under the illusion that the threat will never come true.

One possibility is that people know that no matter what they do, they are going to die.
But why do we do things that definitely shortens ur lives??????

Can any of you guys and babes help me on this “Why do we take unnecessary risk with our lives despite knowing the consequences???’

Back
Top Bottom