Who is the greatest tanzanian president?

MwanaFA1,

In my opinion Nyerere is far ahead of the rest because of his originality and decisiveness. He genuinely stood for what he believed in and defended it to the death. And he's the only one with a legacy to speak of.

Yep, Mwalimu is the best by far.

tukitaka kujua mkuu wa kaya bora zaid tuangalie ambaye;
1. kipindi chake hali ya maisha/uchumi haikuwa mbaya - hii ni kuhusu upatikanaji wa mahitaji muhimu kama chakula
2. hakutufisadi zaid kwa maana ya kipindi chake kutotaliwa sana na rushwa kubwakubwa. rushwa kubwakubwa ni mbaya kwa nchi kwasababu ya madhara yake ya moja kwa moja na yasiyo ya moja kwa moja
3. alijenga mustakabali wa nchi mzuri kwa siku zake na zijazo katika mambo kadhaa kama elimu na miundombinu mingine

B W Mkapa is the greatest to me. He made lots of money, used them for development matters. But he slipped off when CCM stole a lot of money during the Election campaigns in 2005!

Before Mkapa, I could not imagine that one day I would wake up in Dar in the morning and eat a late luch at my home village in Shinyanga, having travelled by ROAD!

B W Mkapa is the greatest to me. He made lots of money, used them for development matters. But he slipped off when CCM stole a lot of money during the Election campaigns in 2005!

Before Mkapa, I could not imagine that one day I would wake up in Dar in the morning and eat a late luch at my home village in Shinyanga, having travelled by ROAD!

But Mkapa built on what Nyerere and Mwinyi had already done.How can you separate what Mkapa did from what Nyerer did? Where do you draw the line? What calculus do you use to determine that line?

If Mkapa taxed industry, it is because Nyerere and Mwinyi made it possible for industry to be there, how can you credit the one who taxed without acknowledging the one who established the environment for industry to exist?

What if Nyerere's advocates says "That road was really Nyerere long term plan, but he first had to take Mkapa and his irk to school, and give him the experience of running the country for some day when he was gone"?

Again, unless you find an exceeedingly intricate common currency, to accurately and commonly translate achievements of the different administrations you will be comparing the proverbial apples to oranges, more of passionate amusement than factual reasoning.

But Mkapa built on what Nyerere and Mwinyi had already done.How can you separate what Mkapa did from what Nyerer did? Where do you draw the line? What calculus do you use to determine that line?

If Mkapa taxed industry, it is because Nyerere and Mwinyi made it possible for industry to be there, how can you credit the one who taxed without acknowledging the one who established the environment for industry to exist?

What if Nyerere's advocates says "That road was really Nyerere long term plan, but he first had to take Mkapa and his irk to school, and give him the experience of running the country for some day when he was gone"?

Again, unless you find an exceeedingly intricate common currency, to accurately and commonly translate achievements of the different administrations you will be comparing the proverbial apples to oranges, more of passionate amusement than factual reasoning.

I just answered the question as asked in the topic. Who is your greatest president? To me its Mkapa! My brain is too lazy today to start analysing who send who to schoo and all those Tanzanian type of blah blah's and lame excuses for our poverty and backwardness!

I just answered the question as asked in the topic. Who is your greatest president? To me its Mkapa! My brain is too lazy today to start analysing who send who to schoo and all those Tanzanian type of blah blah's and lame excuses for our poverty and backwardness!

The question asked is based on a contradiction if not a fallacy.It is based on the assumption that you can accurately compare presidents spanning half a century.I debunked that myth and nobody was able to show how the ranking is done in a tangible manner.

This lazyness and phobia of analysis you proudly own is one of the chief reasons for our poverty and backwardness.

How can you write to your representative effectively or organise grassroot movements if you are lazy to analyze?

The question asked is based on a contradiction if not a fallacy.It is based on the assumption that you can accurately compare presidents spanning half a century.I debunked that myth and nobody was able to show how the ranking is done in a tangible manner.

This lazyness and phobia of analysis you proudly own is one of the chief reasons for our poverty and backwardness.

How can you write to your representative effectively or organise grassroot movements if you are lazy to analyze?

I have been asking you for a scientific formula you suggest we use to analyze these leaders but untill now wewe ni kubisha tu lakini we do not see what formula you think should be used. Hauwezi kupinga kitu bila kucome up na alternative way. What you are saying is we should use an alternative way but we do not see that alternative way you wants us to use.

I have been asking you for a scientific formula you suggest we use to analyze these leaders but untill now wewe ni kubisha tu lakini we do not see what formula you think should be used. Hauwezi kupinga kitu bila kucome up na alternative way. What you are saying is we should use an alternative way but we do not see that alternative way you wants us to use.

Achana naye huyo. Hana originality na ana thrive katika ubishi na ulalamishi. Ulichoomba wewe ni maoni ya watu ambayo yako based na wanavyoona wao. Yeye kang'ang'ania Nyerere Nyerere.....na sijui fallacy nini....aaaah.....ligi zingine bana utadhani ni kufa na kupona!!

Wewe unatoa swali lenye misingi ya Euclidean geometry katika space-time iliyo non-Euclidean, mimi ndiye nimekuambia unless uje na a translating factor, which I equated to the weird underwater three dimensional chess above, a near impossible feat if at all you are commited to the integrity of accuracy, mimi ndiye niliyekuambia kuwa hii translation haiwezekani kwa sababu hakuna a translating factor inayoweza ku stand the rogors of scientific verification. This feat is worse than anthropology!

MwanaFalsafa1,

..every President we have had turned out to be incompetent.

..may be the least incompentent, meaning the one who left Tanzanians in more tolarable mess[socially and economically], should named the "greatest" President of Tanzania.

Wewe unatoa swali lenye misingi ya Euclidean geometry katika space-time iliyo non-Euclidean, mimi ndiye nimekuambia unless uje na a translating factor, which I equated to the weird underwater three dimensional chess above, a near impossible feat if at all you are commited to the integrity of accuracy, mimi ndiye niliyekuambia kuwa hii translation haiwezekani kwa sababu hakuna a translating factor inayoweza ku stand the rogors of scientific verification. This feat is worse than anthropology!

I think lugha tabu maybe niseme kwa kiswahili. Jamani nimesema kwa maoni ya mtu yeye anamuona nani ndiye bora. Kama hauna maoni ya nani ni bora basi hauwezi kujibu swali. We are not trying to give these people who is the greates president award it is just as a matter of opinion to you, who is the greates. Narudia opinion in swahili maoni. Kwa maoni ya mtu binafsi anaona nani ni bora kama ataangalia kwa nani aliye tengeneza pesa zaidi au nani anayependwa zaidi it doesn't matter iwe maoni yako. Kwani ukienda kupiga kura unaulizwa kwa nini umemchagua mtu fulani na umetumia kipimo gani kumchagua? Si wewe mwenyewe unatafakari kwa akili yako kisha unapiga kura yako. You should know that there is no scientific formula to everything in life. Life is not always a math problem it is judgement & preferance. This is not a math question in the sense that only one answer is right. It could be Nyerere. Mwinyi, Mkapa or Kikwete according to individual preferance. Because how you define success may be different from person to person.

Achana naye huyo. Hana originality na ana thrive katika ubishi na ulalamishi. Ulichoomba wewe ni maoni ya watu ambayo yako based na wanavyoona wao. Yeye kang'ang'ania Nyerere Nyerere.....na sijui fallacy nini....aaaah.....ligi zingine bana utadhani ni kufa na kupona!!

You are right Ngabu. Watu hawajui maana ya neno opinion na kama ulivyo sema inatoka na mtu anavyoona. Mtu kaona hana point so anaona the only solution is to use big grammar kuonekana anajua what he is talking about kumbe hamna lolote.

Umeuliza maoni sasa unapewa maoni na facts halafu unashindwa kukubali kwamba swali halina mantiki?

Au mpaka mtu ajibu kama unavyotaka?

Hapa ni JF where we dare talk openly, na kama unakuja na swali ambalo haliwezi kupita the test of validity watu tutasema tu. Uzuri wa JF pale utakapotegemea a chorus of aaah and ooooh,au yes/ no, au 1, 2,3 anakuja mtu anaangalia kila kitu totally differently.

Sasa hapo ndipo inapokuwa hoja kwa hoja.Nimesema kuwalinganisha marais walioishi katika decades tofauti na katika stages tofauti za nchi yetu itakuwa ukosefu wa uangalifu, hoja haijajibiwa zaidi ya kusema maoni.

Kama unataka maoni wengine wanaweza kusema that face on the moon is the best president Tanzania ever had, si maoni. Umepewa maoni na facts, unakataa kwa sababu hayakuja katika format uliyoitaka wewe?

Swali limepinda na haliwezi kuwa na jibu la kuridhisha wapembuzi yakinifu, kama unataka soga unaweza kupata listi zitakazokupa hata marais kumi, wakati tuna wanne mpaka sasa, kama unataka an informed input ndiyo hiyo, swali limepinda.

You are right Ngabu. Watu hawajui maana ya neno opinion na kama ulivyo sema inatoka na mtu anavyoona. Mtu kaona hana point so anaona the only solution is to use big grammar kuonekana anajua what he is talking about kumbe hamna lolote.

Nilifikiri naongea na Mwanafalsafa, kumbe unaogopa "big grammar".

Umeuliza maoni sasa unapewa maoni na facts halafu unashindwa kukubali kwamba swali halina mantiki?

Au mpaka mtu ajibu kama unavyotaka?

Hapa ni JF where we dare talk openly, na kama unakuja na swali ambalo haliwezi kupita the test of validity watu tutasema tu. Uzuri wa JF pale utakapotegemea a chorus of aaah and ooooh,au yes/ no, au 1, 2,3 anakuja mtu anaangalia kila kitu totally differently.

Sasa hapo ndipo inapokuwa hoja kwa hoja.Nimesema kuwalinganisha marais walioishi katika decades tofauti na katika stages tofauti za nchi yetu itakuwa ukosefu wa uangalifu, hoja haijajibiwa zaidi ya kusema maoni.

Kama unataka maoni wengine wanaweza kusema that face on the moon is the best president Tanzania ever had, si maoni. Umepewa maoni na facts, unakataa kwa sababu hayakuja katika format uliyoitaka wewe?

Swali limepinda na haliwezi kuwa na jibu la kuridhisha wapembuzi yakinifu, kama unataka soga unaweza kupata listi zitakazokupa hata marais kumi, wakati tuna wanne mpaka sasa, kama unataka an informed input ndiyo hiyo, swali limepinda.

If you believe that strongly then why are you the only person thus far with that opinion. Like you said you think what you think i think what I think. We agree on disagreeing. Let as hear what other people have to say also but thus far i have only seen you with this type of thinking unless I'm mistaken. Maybe you are the only genius here right? But anyways its your opinion so I respect your opinion even if ni wewe tu and you are right this is where we dare to speak openly. Lets just wait & see how many people will agree with you.

I said my brain is lazy TODAY. And hey don't use this forum as place to release your anger and loneliness problems you are having abroad.

Ukichoka kubeba maboksi, bora ulale!

If you believe that strongly then why are you the only person thus far with that opinion. Like you said you think what you think i think what I think. We agree on disagreeing. Let as hear what other people have to say also but thus far i have only seen you with this type of thinking unless I'm mistaken. Maybe you are the only genius here right? But anyways its your opinion so I respect your opinion even if ni wewe tu and you are right this is where we dare to speak openly. Lets just wait & see how many people will agree with you.

I disagree on agreeing on disagreeing!

Democracy has no monopoly on facts, if all the people in the world say that the sun goes around the earth, and only one person holds that the earth actually goes around the sun, the fact that the majority hold an erroneous opinion will not change the fact.

Focus on the merit of the facts and opinions, not on the their popularity .

Otherwise, you will say "A million flies cannot be wrong, they all eat shit" and you will try sampling a piece of that excreta too.

Back
Top Bottom