Using PayPal and MoneyBookers with CRDB VISA Card

Sijui unatumia kadi ya benki gani lakini kama CRDB, inabidi kwanza ujaze disclaimer form kule CRDB ndipo waiwezeshe kadi yako ku-link.

Nashukuru, lakini hapo maana yake nifungue account katika Bank hiyo, halafu mpaka ikamilike na kupata Visa card inachukua hata miezi miwili.

Mimi mwenyewe nimefungua account Stanbic Bank Septemba 17 kadi nimeipata wiki iliyopita.

Ok, nitajitahidi mpaka nipate ufumbuzi wa tatizo hili.

Na je kuna njia nyingine ya malipo bila kutumia kadi?

Dear jF family,
I have a TZS savings account with CRDB (holder of tembo card visa electron) and I'm intending to travel outside TZ in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile, I am expecting to receive some money in euros and by the time the money is in I will already have gone in a country where their national currency is neither euro nor USD. My trip will take place in a couple of weeks and this is the money for my living while there (will stay for few months). So please help me make the right decision. Should I use my CRDB TZS account for the transfer of euros or should I open a new euro account with CRDB so as not to loose so much money in 2 transactions (euro-TZS and TZS-another currency)? Or should I use another bank? Which is the best option for an optimal saving of these euros that will be sent to me?
Thanks.

Inaonekana mlitumia hizo kadi bila kumba benki ili iweze kuziruhusu kufanya kazi online kwenye internet. Unajua kufanya manunuzi kwenye internet ni too risky kwahiyo mteja anayetaka kufanya hivyo afike tawi lake la crdb ili aweze kusaini fomu maalum kisha. ili kukubaliana na benk kuwa unafanya shopping online at your own risk. mimi ni mteja wa crdb tower br nilienda kuomba na nikasaini fomu na sasa hivi naweza kufanya manunuzi online. Poleni sana

Mimi nilisajiliwa kwa kujaza fomu za CRDB ili kadi niitumie online lakini hakuna kitu na nilishaweka uzi hapa kutoa angalizo kwa wengine. Kila nilipojaribu holaa!! nikawasiliana na benki wakasema tunashighulikia nikajaribu tena holaa!!. Nilipowasumbua sana wakasema badilisha kadi utumie master card. nikapewa hiyo master card nikaisajili ili itumike online, nilipo jaribu tena holaaa!! nikaenda benki kuwawakia wakabadilika tena wakasema kadi za master card bado hazijaanza kutumika kwa manunuzi online.

Tangia hapo nikawa nimechoka kabisa.
Matangazo mengi lakini wizi mtupu wanatoza maelfu kibao kila mwezi kwa ajili ya kulipia hizo kadi lakini huduma hakuna.

Usipoteze muda wako labda jaribu kadi za benki nyingine.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and take some time to read my post - which is all about Getting your CRDB VISA Card to work with PayPal and MoneyBookers accounts.

I know some of you may have wondered whether it is possible to use PayPal or MoneyBookers with CRDB VISA card. The answer is CRDB Card works seamlessly with both, but not until you follow the details I share in this post.

First thing first! I am not a CRDB sales person. I simply want to help interested JF members get their CRDB card to work with PayPal or MoneyBookers with least hustles possible. If you don't know why you would need PayPal, just hold on - I cover that shortly!

Why CRDB?
In case you want to know why I picked CRDB, my reasons are clear:
If you are an average Tanzanian like me, and your pay check is not +3mil/month, then stick with CRDB.

I have used Exim Bank and Standard Chartered, but these guys are nothing but money vampires! Their services are ridiculously expensive for what you get for free at CRDB. For example Standard Charter charges you 10$/month + certain % of every transaction you make. CRDB charges you nothing and let you go free of monthly charges. Do I even need to mention why CRDB is the best?

Why PayPal or MoneyBookers?
Now we have started our lesson. I understand not everyone of you is familiar with the advantages of using PayPal or MoneyBookers. So before I proceed, let us take a brief look at the risks involved in using Credit Cards and why PalPay or MoneyBookers is your savior.

For those of you who have never had a chance to shop online, the bad thing is that, if someone knows your credit card number which is printed on your card, he can go online and take money from your account without even knowing your ATM pin number!

What your thief needs is your credit card number + card verification code which are both printed and clearly visible from your VISA Card. CRDB VISA card has a 16 digit number printed on the front (this is the credit card number) and another 3 digit number printed on the back. (this is the card verification code, or CCV)

So, before you sign up for VISA service, think twice!

When you make an online purchase, you must supply these two pieces of information to the merchant. This means, unscrupulous merchants could latter on use the information you game them to make another unauthorized transactions, all charged against your account,which is a form of online theft!

If you don't trust the party your doing business with, never give them your credit card details!

Fortunately, PayPal/MoneyBookers allows you to make online payments without having to give the merchant your credit card details.

This is why using a service like PayPal or MoneyBookers is considered safer than other traditional ways.

If you are concerned about online theft, I recommend you always use PayPal or MoneyBookers whenever possible to prevent your credit card from being abused.

What do I need to use PayPal?

1. Firstly, you need either a credit or debit card. CRDB provides only debit card called VISA Electron. Application for VISA is free. If your CRDB ATM card does not have a VISA logo on the top right corner, you must ask CRDB to give you a new card. CRDB VISA Tembo cards have a VISA logo on the top right corner of your ATM card.

2. Secondly, and most important, you need to register for CRDB Internet Banking. Without this service, you will have nightmares using PayPal. It simply won't work.

CRDB charges you 30,000 one time set up fee for internet banking service. There are no monthly fees and you can check your balance, transaction history, transfer money to another account etc etc right from your computer with internet connection.

3. Thirdly, I HIGHLY recommend a USD account. I know most of us have TSH accounts. Though TSH accounts works seamlessly with PayPal, I will bet you can't do the same with MoneyBookers. So just get one!

If you have a TSH account, getting a USD account is easy. Just just write letter to CRDB branch requesting for a USD account and will be set up for you, using same details you provided when you opened your TSH account. TSH and USD accounts uses the same account number though, except that USD account starts with 02 and TSH accounts start with 01.

For example my TSH account is 01J20 XXXX XXXX and my USD account is 02J20 XXXX XXXX. Yes, if you want to donate, just deposit some money, teh teh teh!

But be careful, CRDB charges you 1% of the total amount you withdraw from a USD account. Don't put your money in if you are planning to withdraw it.

4. You need to register with PalPay. Just go to their website www.paypal.com. The rest of the process is trivial.

You will need to verify your account after completing registration process. To verify your account, PayPal sends to your account a random number. This number will appear in your bank statement in 1 - 4 days. But don't go to CRDB asking for your bank statement if you are looking for this number!

CRDB Bank statements never includes such details. Just go to your Internet Banking account instead. A lot of people have had problems getting this verification code, thinking that it would appear in a bank statement. Just don't bother!

To register with MoneyBookers, just go to their site www.moneybookers.com

The process of registered with MoneyBookers is more or less the same to registering with PayPal. The only difference is that, instead of random numbers, money bookers withdraws a small random amount of money from your account, less than $2.9 I think.

You would then need to verify your MoneyBookers account by entering the exact amount they withdrew which only the account owner can know.

If you CRDB account is in TSH, you will have problems because the transaction will appear in TSH, not USD. It is hard to tell which amount MoneyBookers actually took from your account even if you knew the exchange rate CRDB used. That's why I recommend a USD account.

I think I have covered just enough for a quick head start.

If you need more info, feel free to ask away or PM me!

Hey, don't forget to say thanks if this was helpful to you!
To say thanks, just click on the Thanks button below

Cheerz

Ndaga Fijo,It was one hell of an education!!!!

Hv inachukuaga muda gan crdb kucomfirm PayPal..maana nimejaza form Leo saa 3 pale crdb lakn hadi saa hv inagoma kuaccess paypal

Wahudumu wengine vihiyo kweli, juzi nilienda NBC nikamuuliza manager wa customer service, kwamba ninaweza kufanya manunua eBay, kwa kutumia kadi yangu ambapo malipo yatakuwa yanakatwa na hawa PayPal?? Alishangaa na kuniuliza PayPal ndio nini?? Nilishangaa hadi leo

UBA Wamepatoa utatuzi kwa wale waliokua wakipata tabu na manunuzi mtandaoni kwa kuleta visa card yao isiohitaju kua na account na ni card pekee iliothibitishwa na visa (verified by visa) hibyo pesa zako haziwezi kupotea hata kidogo. Jinsi ya kupata nipigie 0786962692 au tembelea matawi ya uba posta kkoo na pugu road

Na je kuna njia nyingine ya malipo bila kutumia kadi?

UBA Wamepatoa utatuzi kwa wale waliokua wakipata tabu na manunuzi mtandaoni kwa kuleta visa card yao isiohitaju kua na account na ni card pekee iliothibitishwa na visa (verified by visa) hibyo pesa zako haziwezi kupotea hata kidogo. Jinsi ya kupata nipigie 0786962692 au tembelea matawi ya uba posta kkoo na pugu road

Has anyone triewd to use the VISA DEBIT CARD ya CRDB kwa ONLINE PURCHASING ??

Wana advertise kamba tuna weza ku purchase online...lakini nime jaribu kutumia card hii kwenye Websites nyingi, lakini HAYFANYi KAZI !
Ina sema Card not ACCEPTED !!

I tried to visit Crdb, but am not getting any GOOD RESPONSE !!

Anyone has tried it online ??
If so, which website ?

Mimi nilisajiliwa kwa kujaza fomu za CRDB ili kadi niitumie online lakini hakuna kitu na nilishaweka uzi hapa kutoa angalizo kwa wengine. Kila nilipojaribu holaa!! nikawasiliana na benki wakasema tunashighulikia nikajaribu tena holaa!!. Nilipowasumbua sana wakasema badilisha kadi utumie master card. nikapewa hiyo master card nikaisajili ili itumike online, nilipo jaribu tena holaaa!! nikaenda benki kuwawakia wakabadilika tena wakasema kadi za master card bado hazijaanza kutumika kwa manunuzi online.

Tangia hapo nikawa nimechoka kabisa.
Matangazo mengi lakini wizi mtupu wanatoza maelfu kibao kila mwezi kwa ajili ya kulipia hizo kadi lakini huduma hakuna.

Usipoteze muda wako labda jaribu kadi za benki nyingine.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by and take some time to read my post - which is all about Getting your CRDB VISA Card to work with PayPal and MoneyBookers accounts.

I know some of you may have wondered whether it is possible to use PayPal or MoneyBookers with CRDB VISA card. The answer is CRDB Card works seamlessly with both, but not until you follow the details I share in this post.

First thing first! I am not a CRDB sales person. I simply want to help interested JF members get their CRDB card to work with PayPal or MoneyBookers with least hustles possible. If you don't know why you would need PayPal, just hold on - I cover that shortly!

Why CRDB?
In case you want to know why I picked CRDB, my reasons are clear:
If you are an average Tanzanian like me, and your pay check is not +3mil/month, then stick with CRDB.

I have used Exim Bank and Standard Chartered, but these guys are nothing but money vampires! Their services are ridiculously expensive for what you get for free at CRDB. For example Standard Charter charges you 10$/month + certain % of every transaction you make. CRDB charges you nothing and let you go free of monthly charges. Do I even need to mention why CRDB is the best?

Why PayPal or MoneyBookers?
Now we have started our lesson. I understand not everyone of you is familiar with the advantages of using PayPal or MoneyBookers. So before I proceed, let us take a brief look at the risks involved in using Credit Cards and why PalPay or MoneyBookers is your savior.

For those of you who have never had a chance to shop online, the bad thing is that, if someone knows your credit card number which is printed on your card, he can go online and take money from your account without even knowing your ATM pin number!

What your thief needs is your credit card number + card verification code which are both printed and clearly visible from your VISA Card. CRDB VISA card has a 16 digit number printed on the front (this is the credit card number) and another 3 digit number printed on the back. (this is the card verification code, or CCV)

So, before you sign up for VISA service, think twice!

When you make an online purchase, you must supply these two pieces of information to the merchant. This means, unscrupulous merchants could latter on use the information you game them to make another unauthorized transactions, all charged against your account,which is a form of online theft!

If you don't trust the party your doing business with, never give them your credit card details!

Fortunately, PayPal/MoneyBookers allows you to make online payments without having to give the merchant your credit card details.

This is why using a service like PayPal or MoneyBookers is considered safer than other traditional ways.

If you are concerned about online theft, I recommend you always use PayPal or MoneyBookers whenever possible to prevent your credit card from being abused.

What do I need to use PayPal?

1. Firstly, you need either a credit or debit card. CRDB provides only debit card called VISA Electron. Application for VISA is free. If your CRDB ATM card does not have a VISA logo on the top right corner, you must ask CRDB to give you a new card. CRDB VISA Tembo cards have a VISA logo on the top right corner of your ATM card.

2. Secondly, and most important, you need to register for CRDB Internet Banking. Without this service, you will have nightmares using PayPal. It simply won't work.

CRDB charges you 30,000 one time set up fee for internet banking service. There are no monthly fees and you can check your balance, transaction history, transfer money to another account etc etc right from your computer with internet connection.

3. Thirdly, I HIGHLY recommend a USD account. I know most of us have TSH accounts. Though TSH accounts works seamlessly with PayPal, I will bet you can't do the same with MoneyBookers. So just get one!

If you have a TSH account, getting a USD account is easy. Just just write letter to CRDB branch requesting for a USD account and will be set up for you, using same details you provided when you opened your TSH account. TSH and USD accounts uses the same account number though, except that USD account starts with 02 and TSH accounts start with 01.

For example my TSH account is 01J20 XXXX XXXX and my USD account is 02J20 XXXX XXXX. Yes, if you want to donate, just deposit some money, teh teh teh!

But be careful, CRDB charges you 1% of the total amount you withdraw from a USD account. Don't put your money in if you are planning to withdraw it.

4. You need to register with PalPay. Just go to their website www.paypal.com. The rest of the process is trivial.

You will need to verify your account after completing registration process. To verify your account, PayPal sends to your account a random number. This number will appear in your bank statement in 1 - 4 days. But don't go to CRDB asking for your bank statement if you are looking for this number!

CRDB Bank statements never includes such details. Just go to your Internet Banking account instead. A lot of people have had problems getting this verification code, thinking that it would appear in a bank statement. Just don't bother!

To register with MoneyBookers, just go to their site www.moneybookers.com

The process of registered with MoneyBookers is more or less the same to registering with PayPal. The only difference is that, instead of random numbers, money bookers withdraws a small random amount of money from your account, less than $2.9 I think.

You would then need to verify your MoneyBookers account by entering the exact amount they withdrew which only the account owner can know.

If you CRDB account is in TSH, you will have problems because the transaction will appear in TSH, not USD. It is hard to tell which amount MoneyBookers actually took from your account even if you knew the exchange rate CRDB used. That's why I recommend a USD account.

I think I have covered just enough for a quick head start.

If you need more info, feel free to ask away or PM me!

Hey, don't forget to say thanks if this was helpful to you!
To say thanks, just click on the Thanks button below

Cheerz

Thanks and regards!

Not possible.
Your password is only for you, no one else has your password.

Online purchase unatumia CARD NUMBER na Card Verification Value (CVV), hutumii pin/password. Kwa mtajo huu mfanyakazi yeyote wa bank anayezijua namba hizi mbili kama si mwaminifu anaweza kukuibia kwa kutumia details zako online.

No... I do have a PayPal account; yes you can not receive money if you arein Tz. But I doubt it is because of money laundering issues. Kuna nchi zina hilo tatizo KULIKO Tz by far, na wana full PayPal access. Nadhani it is simply a market issue (size, quality, modality na vitu kama hivyo).
Kuna gharama ya hizi transactions. Ninaamini idadi ya waTz waliopo PayPal ikiongezeka, Paypal itaona umuhimu wa kuruhusu two way transaction kwa wateja wao waliopo Tz. Kwa sasa the numbers are simply too small.
cheers
===
I don't know exactly! But I think it could be attributed to money laundering issues. In Tanzania and many other African countries kuna ufisadi wa hali ya juu na wizi. I think it could be one of the reasons... I am not sure.

A friend of mine has been in UK for a while, and he told be that Tanzania is black listed that's why I weren't able to receive his payments. I don't how he knew that, but I believed it some how!

Online purchase unatumia CARD NUMBER na Card Verification Value (CVV), hutumii pin/password. Kwa mtajo huu mfanyakazi yeyote wa bank anayezijua namba hizi mbili kama si mwaminifu anaweza kukuibia kwa kutumia details zako online.

Ni CARD NUMBER na sio ACCOUNT NUMBER? Naomba ufafanuzi hapo, mujemaso

Last edited by a moderator:
Inaonekana mlitumia hizo kadi bila kumba benki ili iweze kuziruhusu kufanya kazi online kwenye internet. Unajua kufanya manunuzi kwenye internet ni too risky kwahiyo mteja anayetaka kufanya hivyo afike tawi lake la crdb ili aweze kusaini fomu maalum kisha. ili kukubaliana na benk kuwa unafanya shopping online at your own risk. mimi ni mteja wa crdb tower br nilienda kuomba na nikasaini fomu na sasa hivi naweza kufanya manunuzi online. Poleni sana
Very best answer

Back
Top Bottom