The Migingo Saga: Kenya vs Uganda, why?!

Kwa taarifa tu yenu Migingo is more than an island!

Maji yanayo zunguka pale yana shehena ya samaki balaaa! (refer to remarks za Mu7, kuwa kisiwa chenu ila Maji.....??!!), unaambiwa viwanda karibia VINNE Nchini Kenya vilikuwa na vinalishwa na products za samaki from Migingo, asa mara baada ya Ug kugundua dili kuwa kisiwa chao (according to them), na still Kenyans wanafaudu kuloko wenye nacho then waka taka wa-overturn status quo, hapo sasa bifu ndio likaanza, na linaendelea, mind you Kenyans they are real CAPITALISTS with all the traits of CAPITALIST, just imagine mhindi pale K'koo anavyokuwa mchungu na duka lake then the same picture kwa Kenyans recently, by the way siwaoni wakimalizana vutana leo wala kesho, tuombe tu ya Bokasa Penisular na Ethioipia/Eritrea yasijetokea huku kwetu!

Cheers!

Lole, I am not rooting for your sympathy, I am just expressing my feelings on the issue. If it was sympathy I wanted I would have gone to Kenyan forums where most people share my beliefs, and I would have gotten the support I want.

The rock is ours and I dont think any of your sympathies can change the position of the island.

Thats right! the usual you.Go ahead and start throwing them punches against your neighbour M7.Afterall the islet is yours, even M7 said so, but he has the balls to test your wits.
Bravado never killed anybody, stupidity did.
And when you start the campaigns and the refugees start flowing, it wont be from Migingo but from Kisumu and areas near the border.
We have gone thru this and we are much wiser.

Ben, if you are sane enough, do you think I can post my CV in a discussion forum? And what you call narrow minded talk is the fruit of democracy and freedom of speech, hell I can say anything I feel like and you aren't going to take me anywhere. Thats what people fought and died for, freedom.

You can personally say that you are not ready for the EAC, thats your position, but it is not the stance your country is taking on the issue. What if the community comes to be true, what will you do about it? (hope you are not thinking of fighting it out like another tard I read saying that wataenda porini kupigana).

Who said we do not want the EAC for the sake of it.It is the land issue mister, land issue, get it in your head.THE LAND ISSUE!
You are the type of fellow who riles even the tamest of the civilised world.
The only problem is, I think you might be writting from Mathare or Kibera

Mimi hawa Wakenya na Waganda wananichanganya kweli. Hako katone ka ardhi ndani zaiwa Victoria ndio wanataka kumalizana. Lakini ardhi ya Tanzania wanataka kuifanya iwe mali ya afrika mashariki! hii iko je?

Ni makabaila hao! Chao ni chao na wanataka chetu pia kiwe chao. Tell them!

Thats crap spewing from your not so clean mouth, who is to blame, Museveni or Kibaki? Its simple arithmetic, Kenya has not shown any interest in deploying its forces in Migingo, while Ug have done that severall times. Its a shame on how we tend to twist matters to appeal to our warped minds. The Mps were only saying what their constituents wanted to voice out, simply put wwe as Kenyans are sick of Museveni's jokes.

If we had our way, we could have attacked that country kitambo, am talking from the grassroots, on how people trully feel about this issue. So Koba stop your allegations, coz you never know, it might be you next on the dictators list.
....ha haha haha haaaa hha haha aa acha kabisa wewe,Museveni hajawahi deploy any military in migingo ni media yenu tuu inawadanganya,cowards kenyans mna play tough na Museveni for one acre land wakati everybody knows Kibaki didnt even win the election lakini hes your President,MPs wana rob your treasury day/night na hamna kitu mnafanya,murderer wanapata 8 months but life for chokoraa,75% of your land owned by 5 people huku millions of your brother & sisters wanaishia slums,kwenu tribalism ni order of the day,hizo phony outrage za migingo ni cover tuu...kama kweli wanaume na mna hasira solve your election problem,land,justice for all,tribalism and make sure your MPs pay their taxes sio kutuletea one acre land stupidity!

Who said we do not want the EAC for the sake of it.It is the land issue mister, land issue, get it in your head.THE LAND ISSUE!
You are the type of fellow who riles even the tamest of the civilised world.
The only problem is, I think you might be writting from Mathare or Kibera

Maybe I am, there is also a strong possibility that am writing from somewhere in Dar, or maybe from a mansion in Karen, heck I can even be writing from the building you are working in. The wonders of the net, am loving it.

....ha haha haha haaaa hha haha aa acha kabisa wewe,Museveni hajawahi deploy any military in migingo ni media yenu tuu inawadanganya,cowards kenyans mna play tough na Museveni for one acre land wakati everybody knows Kibaki didnt even win the election lakini hes your President,MPs wana rob your treasury day/night na hamna kitu mnafanya,murderer wanapata 8 months but life for chokoraa,75% of your land owned by 5 people huku millions of your brother & sisters wanaishia slums,kwenu tribalism ni order of the day,hizo phony outrage za migingo ni cover tuu...kama kweli wanaume na mna hasira solve your election problem,land,justice for all,tribalism and make sure your MPs pay their taxes sio kutuletea one acre land stupidity!

Thats what we are currently doing you dweeb. You seem to know our poverty stats so much, 75% of land owned by five people, did you graduate from weed to meth or somethin, get your head out of your butt and look at your rotten country, instead of bringing us retarded stats.

Ben, if you are sane enough, do you think I can post my CV in a discussion forum? And what you call narrow minded talk is the fruit of democracy and freedom of speech, hell I can say anything I feel like and you aren't going to take me anywhere. Thats what people fought and died for, freedom.

You can personally say that you are not ready for the EAC, thats your position, but it is not the stance your country is taking on the issue. What if the community comes to be true, what will you do about it? (hope you are not thinking of fighting it out like another tard I read saying that wataenda porini kupigana).

Nimekuambia ulete CV yako hapa coz hapa kwenye forum ndiko ulikokua unatishia watu na CV zenu.Sasa kwanini kama unaweza kutumia hii forum kulete majivuno ya kijinga,ni kwanini usifanye ujinga hivyo hivyo kupost CV yako hapa?

Now you are confused! Unasema Freedom of expression? Again because your MPs are ignorant hawajui hata kutumia fredom of expression,eti wamesoma.What are u expecting from a common man,if your MPs doesnt know the boundaries of freedom of speech? I'm still insisting that your MPs are Ignorant,selfish and Arrogant.

Kuhusu msimamo wangu wa kujiunga EAC,what i said is also the reflection of other people's opinion.Hata kama si msimamo wa government but sisi ndiyo watu na sisi ndiyo wenye serikali.And what i said,because i have found that you have poor understanding capacity,nilisema hata kama Rais atatulazimisha kujiunga,sisi wananchi au mimi niko tayari kupigania na kuirudisha Tanzania.We are not ready to share our land with you.Kupigania nchi yangu huwezi nichagulia nitumie njia ipi,hata kama ni kwa kutumia vita.

Nenda kasome kuhusu National Interest and try kusoma zaidi about vital components of Interest coz naona unaongea vitu ambavyo hujui Then unakuja kutukana watu hapa.

Kuhus

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I am, there is also a strong possibility that am writing from somewhere in Dar, or maybe from a mansion in Karen, heck I can even be writing from the building you are working in. The wonders of the net, am loving it.
There is a strong probability that you are writing from a place where the sun doesn't shine. Your way of thinking is miserable for a civilised Kenyan.

Kikwete, bora uwe upande wa uganda, hicho kisiwa ni cha uganda. angalieni vizuri. wakenya wabishi wahivyohivyo.

It's not of our interest whether the said kisiwa is belonged to KE or UG!! Kikwete anaweza kuwa upande wa UG for only one ground!! Jamaa wakichapana, UG watapunguza kuitumia KE kama njia ya kuleta bidhaa zake!! KE & UG wakichapana ni more benfecial for Tanzanian Economy kuliko what's so called EAC!Ningekuwa JK, ningeuma na kupulizia huku nikiimarisha miundo mbinu yetu including Bandari! I could not leave this opportnity kama ambavyo tumeshindwa kuwatumia wakimbizi kwa miongo kadhaa kwa kuwafanya human capital kwa kutuzalishia chakula badala ya kuwaacha waharibu mazingira kwa ajili ya kuni na kujisaidia!!

Kenyans hawawezi shinda hii row ya Migingo. They are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Kwanza the Migingo fiasco is not about a worthless 1 acre piece of rock in Lake Victoria. Its about the dwindling fishstock.

We are still waiting for results of the official survey. But even by looking at the biased maps printed in the Kenyan media daily, you will see that the Kenya/Uganda border is tangent to the western-most tip of Migingo island. Fishstocks to the east of Migingo are depleted. The booty is in the west, which is by all means Ugandan territory. It is common knowledge that Kenyan (read Luo) fishermen survive by making deep forrays into Ugandan and Tanzanian waters. All three heads of state are aware of this scenario. Its the common ignorant Kenyan wananchi who are yet to grasp this reality hence the persistent mindless war cries.

Go ahead Kenyans, draw the line and seal your own doom.

Kenyans hawawezi shinda hii row ya Migingo. They are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Kwanza the Migingo fiasco is not about a worthless 1 acre piece of rock in Lake Victoria. Its about the dwindling fishstock.

We are still waiting for results of the official survey. But even by looking at the biased maps printed in the Kenyan media daily, you will see that the Kenya/Uganda border is tangent to the western-most tip of Migingo island. Fishstocks to the east of Migingo are depleted. The booty is in the west, which is by all means Ugandan territory. It is common knowledge that Kenyan (read Luo) fishermen survive by making deep forrays into Ugandan and Tanzanian waters. All three heads of state are aware of this scenario. Its the common ignorant Kenyan wananchi who are yet to grasp this reality hence the persistent mindless war cries.

Go ahead Kenyans, draw the line and seal your own doom.

Whether we win the tussle for Migingo or not, the relationship between Kenya and Uganda will not be shaken. I know people are waiting for a conflict so that they can reap from it, especially some of us here in JF, lakini if you couldnt maximize on the election period to divert trade or woo some of our trade patners to be doing business with you, what makes you think that fighting with Uganda will change the winds to favour you?

There is no need of calling the Kenyan wananchi ignorant, its impolite. Quit insinuating that only Kenyans cross the borders illegally into neighbouring countries, if the Kenyan gvt was serious on its immigration policies, many African nationals who have found a business heaven in Kenya will be jobless, the chagga hawker will be out of a job, the Nigerian businessman will be bundled out of the country, the Ruandese national will be unwelcomed, the Sudanese neighbor would be treated coldly. Kenyans are the most welcoming people compared to our xenophobic Tanzanian brothers in law.

Whether we win the tussle for Migingo or not, the relationship between Kenya and Uganda will not be shaken. I know people are waiting for a conflict so that they can reap from it, especially some of us here in JF, lakini if you couldnt maximize on the election period to divert trade or woo some of our trade patners to be doing business with you, what makes you think that fighting with Uganda will change the winds to favour you?

There is no need of calling the Kenyan wananchi ignorant, its impolite. Quit insinuating that only Kenyans cross the borders illegally into neighbouring countries, if the Kenyan gvt was serious on its immigration policies, many African nationals who have found a business heaven in Kenya will be jobless, the chagga hawker will be out of a job, the Nigerian businessman will be bundled out of the country, the Ruandese national will be unwelcomed, the Sudanese neighbor would be treated coldly. Kenyans are the most welcoming people compared to our xenophobic Tanzanian brothers in law.

Dont bring your tribal sentiments here,we dont have these ruthless sentiments.we live in harmony.

Yes you guys are arrogant and ignorant,you are so jealous about our solodarity.But,it wont make you successfully in any way. Bunch of haters,next time try to come up with a constructive ideas and not childish sentiments.Mnatamani sana Tanzania,the promise land but hamtawahi fika.Mtakula kwa macho tu.Mtabaki na chuki na wivu wenu wa kijinga.

Dont bring your tribal sentiments here,we dont have these ruthless sentiments.we live in harmony.

Yes you guys are arrogant and ignorant,you are so jealous about our solodarity.But,it wont make you successfully in any way. Bunch of haters,next time try to come up with a constructive ideas and not childish sentiments.Mnatamani sana Tanzania,the promise land but hamtawahi fika.Mtakula kwa macho tu.Mtabaki na chuki na wivu wenu wa kijinga.

No Ben, we are not ignorant nor arrogant, we are educated and realistic, our guts is what usually makes you say that we are arrogant, Its our confidence that may bring the insinuation of being cocky and arrogant.

I am sure if I had a choice between living in Kenya or Tanzania, I would pick Kenya any day, and I know Kenyans will co-sign with me on this one. The issue of being jealous is just but a figment of your imagination, you are too sure of your country that you sound dumb.

I used to have a business in Tanzania, Mwanza to be exact. I had to close it down, why? The purchasing power of an ordinary Tanzanian is far much less than I expected, moved the same business to Mombasa, and am making real money. Hoping to test the waters again though in Arusha before the end of the year, hope you wont disappoint me again Tz.

Dont be aabusive, re-read your post before posting, you are spilling your illiteracy everywhere, its sad to be associated with people with your school of thoughts in East Africa.

One thing I have known for a fact is Tanzanians have xenophobic sentiments, they are so suspicious of their neighbor and are obsessed by their idle land which makes them paranoid. Grow up, cross the borders and associate with other African countries. Kenyans are doing business in Tanzania and are thriving amongst your unschooled masses.

Kenya Parliament has given President Kibaki a go-ahead to deploy the military in case diplomacy fails in the ongoing row over Lake Victoria’s Migingo Island.

The House also allowed the President to seek the help of the United Nations Security Council if the matter spills out and threatens regional peace and security.

In a Motion passed by the House Wednesday, the MPs urged President Kibaki, as the Commander in Chief “to use all resources at his disposal to reclaim Kenyan land.”

The radical move, which was sabotaged by the government a fortnight ago, when ministers staged a walkout, sailed through after the government failed to amass the required support.

There was an emotional, even acrimonious, debate as MPs asked President Kibaki to take charge of the country’s borders.

Soma zaidi hapa [Daily Nation]

INX.jpg

By ALPHONCE SHIUNDU

Posted Wednesday, May 27 2009 at 20:59

In Summary
  • Backbenchers press Kibaki to consider use of force to settle dispute over island
Hawkish backbenchers on Wednesday crushed the government in Parliament to pass a motion pressuring the President to take a more hard-line position in the dispute over Migingo Island in Lake Victoria.

The MPs defeated spirited efforts by the government to shelve a private member's motion asking President Kibaki to deploy the military to resolve the dispute, should diplomatic efforts fail.

The motion also asked the President to refer the dispute to the UN Security Council if it appears to threaten peace and security in the region.

Emotive issue

The President and the government are not compelled by law or parliamentary tradition to implement private members' motions. But on an emotive issue such as territorial integrity, such a vote puts pressure on President Kibaki to be seen to be taking a strong position.

In Uganda, government spokesman Fred Opolot described the motion as "a joke", saying the dispute was a small issue that does not warrant military deployment.

Mr Opolot, who is the executive director of the Uganda Media Centre said: "We are not taking this (motion) seriously because these were just few MPs who take the advantage of absence of other MPs to pass this unfortunate motion."

Officially, Kenya does not consider war with Uganda a viable option. The military commander General Jeremiah Kianga has described the dispute as an "issue for cartographers to determine".

But the President has been forced to strike a more hard-line pose, at some point reiterating his confidence in the army's ability to defend Kenyan territory, presumably not to appear weak in the face a more aggressive neighbour.

On Wednesday, MPs urged President Kibaki, as the Commander-in-Chief, "to use all resources at his disposal to reclaim Kenyan land".

The government had made efforts to kill the motion on the floor of Parliament, because it could escalate what is essentially a small dispute.

A fortnight ago, the government side staged a walk-out to delay the vote. But on Wednesday, the backbenchers were better organised and defeated the government.

President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda angered MPs when, in an interview with the BBC, he made a reference to "mad Jaluos" and appeared to concede that whereas the island might be in Kenya, the surrounding waters were in Uganda.

Cartographically, there is some evidence that the island is in Kenya and the dispute may have to do with the fact that Kenya, with only six per cent of the lake, appears to benefit more from fishing than Uganda which has 46 per cent.

Debate in the House on Wednesday was emotional, and at times acrimonious as MPs, clearly with their warrior blood up, asked President Kibaki to take charge of the country's borders.

Raise numbers

Efforts by Foreign minister Moses Wetang'ula and his Information counterpart, Mr Samuel Poghisio, to oppose the motion, and even raise the numbers to force a division, failed.

The two opposed the motion and said the matter was being discussed between President Kibaki and President Yoweri Museveni and a joint border survey was under way to resolve the row

DAILY NATION*- MPs vote for military option in Migingo row

Back
Top Bottom