Newborn's circumcision

Karucee

JF-Expert Member
Mar 11, 2012
Dear Doctors and Knowledgeable Members :D,
good Morning!! My one month old son has undergone circumcision.

To tell you the truth it was done while I was out for a walk because my mother-in-law felt that ' I would opt out'. Anyway to cut the long story short the said doctor did it at home and on the fifth day the bandage/gauze had to be removed.

This was not done gently having in mind the gauze was ordinary, and not the non-stick type. Now my son's weewee kept oozing blood and had to be redressed. Tha bandage comes off today and I have been instructed to dab spirit twice a day (ouch).

So am wondering, will the injured parts eventually smooth out and leave my son with a beautiful penis, and if so, how long shall I expect him to heal? I hate it when he cries. Makes me want to cry too. Kindly give me your advice.

Karucee, greetings,..am sorry for abt your son,

To my knowledge, after circumscision the bleeding will stop(by applying pressure, or medication, etc) but to some degree, the bleeding may persist(for some time but usually it does ware off)..
-It could be bleeding from the swelling
-Or bleeding due to traumatizing the penis(as the newborn is been carried by relatives, or rolling while aslp,etc)
-But may be due other causes(bleeding diseases-if any in family etc)

So you have to know abt
-Family history of blood diseases(any relative who has undergone multiple bloodtransfusion in both paternal, maternal sides)
-Observe if any bleeding while urinating(at the beginning,middle,end?
-Any swelling at the penis(surgical site)?
-Bleeding while touching the penis-bathing, holding a child?
-Cry while urinating?
-Fever in a child?

I would advise you to seek medical attention, "assuming" bleeding has been there since the 5th day(though you havent said how many days is today post minor surgery) because with hygiene of a newborn could really be potential site for infection.

How long has it been since the circumcision?
Usijali, your baby will have a beautiful penis
(better than if he did not undergo the cut).

How long has it been since the circumcision?
Usijali, your baby will have a beautiful penis
(better than if he did not undergo the cut).

for real? I sure hope so. He got circumcised on 10th October. 5 days later the idiot removed the gauze forcefully and my lil boys weewee got injured by that. Plus hes a little one so his movements cannot be limited. He keeps kicking and kicks down there too.

To my knowledge, after circumscision the bleeding will stop(by applying pressure, or medication, etc) but to some degree, the bleeding may persist(for some time but usually it does ware off)..
-Or bleeding due to traumatizing the penis(as the newborn is been carried by relatives, or rolling while aslp,etc)

So you have to know abt
-Family
today is the 9th day. Am so worried. So so worried. Thanks for your concern. And that damn methylated spirit hurts so bad. The dressing will be removed this evening and I already feel sick knowing lil one is gonna scream with pain. Oh God.

for real? I sure hope so. He got circumcised on 10th October. 5 days later the idiot removed the gauze forcefully and my lil boys weewee got injured by that. Plus hes a little one so his movements cannot be limited. He keeps kicking and kicks down there too.
At that age I guess it would take a week/ten days to heal completely.
you should probably count from the 15th (when the gauze was removed)
Make sure you don't over cover the wound and try to limit all infection risk.
Don't bee too sad, he need you to uplift him. Poleni sana, but it's for the best.

So you have to know abt
-Family
today is the 9th day. Am so worried. So so worried. Thanks for your concern. And that damn methylated spirit hurts so bad. The dressing will be removed this evening and I already feel sick knowing lil one is gonna scream with pain. Oh God.

Pole mama ndo uzazi huo.namwonea huruma huyo mtoto

Khaaaaaa, what a question!
Mi nilikua namjibu mtoa maada who was concerned about that.

who doesnt like beautiful things? His dad's is beautiful, a perfect masterpiece. And I wish the same for my son, so some beautiful princess somewhere will share my joy someday.

At that age I guess it would take a week/ten days to heal completely.
you should probably count from the 15th (when the gauze was removed)
Make sure you don't over cover the wound and try to limit all infection risk.
Don't bee too sad, he need you to uplift him. Poleni sana, but it's for the best.

thanks for your support and contribution love. I truly appreciate and I will heed to your advice. :*

who doesnt like beautiful things? His dad's is beautiful, a perfect masterpiece. And I wish the same for my son, so some beautiful princess somewhere will share my joy someday.

Habiria chunga mzigo wako, manungayembe wasije wakaunyakua.
Usitangaze hayo in bold, keep it to yourself mamaa!

• Thanks
Reactions: SMU
Do not use spirit to wash a wound, it more safely to use noramal saline than that.

My advice is that use persol cream to apply to the wound twice a day while he ia using oral susp. antibiotic.

Other member do not circumcised your son by using local medical aids, go to proffesional one, by the way now day they use a ring system, when the ring is taken off the wound also was already heal.

Do not use spirit to wash a wound, it more safely to use noramal saline than that.

My advice is that use persol cream to apply to the wound twice a day while he ia using oral susp. antibiotic.

Other member do not circumcised your son by using local medical aids, go to proffesional one, by the way now day they use a ring system, when the ring is taken off the wound also was already heal.

things got bad. I just came from Dr. Juma's hospital in Kkoo. They said the same thing about using a ring. They have given me a cream, derma... Something. They said I could also continue to use pampers as usual since my little man likes to kick and he kicks right at the cut. I truly appreciate your contribution.

Habiria chunga mzigo wako, manungayembe wasije wakaunyakua.
Usitangaze hayo in bold, keep it to yourself mamaa!

teh hee. Kweli mama ndio maana nimekunong'oneza wewe na NN tu. Wasije wakasikia.

Back
Top Bottom