Mwigulu, Society and Useless PhDs

Mkuu Mag3, Tanzania, like most countries in the region, i.e. Uganda, Rwanda, etc, are what we call in the analytical parlance, anocracies. That's because they are run by semi-autocratic regimes. But in its current trajectory, Tanzania is moving even beyond this anocratic mode, as it morphs into a full autocratic mode. That, in my opinion, explains the indisposition that you have just so aptly elucidated above.
Dear Nietzsche, it would be a lot easier to understand if someone had the guts to just come out and say, whether you like it or not, this is what it is. What astounds me most is the hypocricy of it all. With a straight face a leader dares to call whatever it is that we are under democracy, really?

The only thing worse than a liar is a liar who is also a hypocrite. Hypocricy should be the mother of all evils yet in Tanzania we are blinded by the devil called, hypocrisy worship. The sheep that is led to a slaughter house knows not its fate but we as humans know well what danger lies ahead.

The question I keep on asking myself is why. Why do we so happily let ourselves be led to the slaughter house? Why do we let a few selfish and greedy individuals destroy our lives and can't stop ourselves from saying hewala bwana. Jamani Watanzania, je tumelogwa?

Dear Nietzsche, it would be a lot easier to understand if someone had the guts to just come out and say, whether you like it or not, this is what it is. What astounds me most is the hypocricy of it all. With a straight face a leader dares to call whatever it is that we are under democracy, really?

The only thing worse than a liar is a liar who is also a hypocrite. Hypocricy should be the mother of all evils yet in Tanzania we are blinded by the devil called, hypocrisy worship. The sheep that is led to a slaughter house knows not its fate but we as humans know well what danger lies ahead.

The question I keep on asking myself is why. Why do we so happily let ourselves be led to the slaughter house? Why do we let a few selfish and greedy individuals destroy our lives and can't stop ourselves from saying hewala bwana. Jamani Watanzania, je tumelogwa?
Mag3, thank you for this. These are beautiful words, and indeed, even though they paint a poignant silhouette, they are still beautiful because they strike at the core of the truth, and in the process, leave behind a very powerful message to their readers, effectively slinging them into consciousness.

You know, I have always believed that every situation has an irony awaiting it at the yonder. Like day awaits night, so does light versus the darkness. Similarly in our case, consciousness awaits unconsciousness, and liberty awaits servitude.

I believe a day will come when unconsciousness will dissipate, and in its place, consciousness will take charge - and when that happens, the roles will be reversed. The hunters will become the huntees. It happened during the Napoleon era, it happened even as recently as in Omar al-Bashir's era. So what's to stop it from happening again?

Nature is nature. Nature, at its core, is invariably defined by its constancy - change and nature's propensity for change. Much as they may think it does, Tanzania is not immune to nature.

Back
Top Bottom