Mwigulu, Society and Useless PhDs

Nietzsche

JF-Expert Member
Dec 5, 2014
This guy, seen here singing empty praises, is a disgrace - and that's putting it mildly. But the sad thing is, he thinks that donning all that gear and singing those hollow praises makes him knowledgeable, and this is where it gets interesting.

Knowledge is manifested through reason and fruition thereof. You can't claim to be a proud PhD holder if that PhD doesn't translate into some tangible societal value, or indeed, if it doesn't make any difference, or at least amount to being a catalyst for societal growth.

Growing up, I never saw Mwalimu Nyerere heavily tog himself up in PhD regalia the way Nchemba does. Yet, Nyerere was seen as the most educated citizen in the region, and a "change agent."

Mwalimu defined education as the development of one's consciousness to think, decide and act; hence it should be aimed at improving people's physical and mental freedom, in order to increase their control over themselves, their own lives, and their environment.

In 1978, when he delivered a speech for the Declaration of Dar es Salaam, Nyerere said: "The ideas imparted by education, or released in the mind through education, should be liberating ideas; the skill acquired by education should be liberating skills. Nothing else can properly be called education. Teaching which induces a slave mentality or a sense of impotence is not education at all."

But obviously not for Nchemba. Alas, for him education sets him up to be a fawner - a person who gives a servile display of exaggerated flattery and false affection - a chauvinist. This is the exact opposite of what Nyerere envisaged the purpose of education should be.

Let me put it this way: Mwigulu Nchemba ni mmoja wa watu waliobahatika kupata PhD zisizo na faida. Lakini kwa sababu ya ufinyu wa fikra, anafikiri akisifia sana huku akiwa amevalia "regalia" za PhD, ataonekana ana upeo mkubwa na PhD yake ina faida. Hiki ndicho kilichoitwa "usomi wa kitumwa" katika vitabu vya Mwalimu.

Upeo wa maarifa hauko katika regalia za PhD, wala hauko katika bidii ya kutoa sifa kwa wenye mamlaka; uko katika fikra zenye tija, na katika uhalisia wa matokeo chanya ya fikra hizo.

Uko sahihi kabisa! Kama mpaka Joseph Kasheku "Msukuma" naye anajitambulisha kama Dr. Msukuma (PhD)!! Halafu miaka nenda yeye anaishi maisha ya uchawa!! Achilia mbali Profesa Kabudi na ile kauli yake ya kuokotwa jalalani!!

Nadhani kuna mahali kama Taifa tumekosea kuhusu hii shahada ya Uzamivu. Kwenye miaka ya karibuni imekuwa ikitumika ndivyo sivyo na baadhi ya watu.

Mkuu Nietzsche, kwanza nikushukuru. Binafsi nafikiri hili ni moja ya mabandiko kiboko niliyoyasoma humu mwaka huu. Pili, niungane na mchangiaji hapo juu, na niseme tu kwa kweli kwamba Watanzania kama jamii tunachezewa sana na hawa jamaa. Ifike mahali sasa na sisi TUSHITUKE. Things can't go on like this with these rogue politicians. Ifike mahali kwa kweli tuseme hapana. Mtu kama Mwigulu kimsingi ni kilaza tu. Lakini cha ajabu, yeye ndiye anashikilia wizara nyeti kuliko zote.

Mkuu Nietzsche, kwanza nikushukuru. Binafsi nafikiri hili ni moja ya mabandiko kiboko niliyoyasoma humu mwaka huu. Pili, niungane na mchangiaji hapo juu, na niseme tu kwa kweli kwamba Watanzania kama jamii tunachezewa sana na hawa jamaa. Ifike mahali sasa na sisi TUSHITUKE. Things can't go on like this with these rogue politicians. Ifike mahali kwa kweli tuseme hapana. Mtu kama Mwigulu kimsingi ni kilaza tu. Lakini cha ajabu, yeye ndiye anashikilia wizara nyeti kuliko zote.
Inabidi kusema hapana kwa kweli na utaratibu wa kusema waziri lazima awe mbunge ni wa kijinga sana sometimes kati ya hao wabunge hakuna kitu ukimwacha type ya mwigulu utamchukua nani sasa, babu tale au?

Nimesikiliza hiyo speech ila nikahisi machozi yanataka kunitoka. Kaka mkubwa Pascal Mayalla hivi na Wewe huwa unawaelewa hawa watu aina ya P.h.d Karne hii waziri Bado anawaza waza kuchimbachimba mashimo ya maji. Gesi ya Mtwara na Songosongo ya nini.

Nchi nyingi zinahama huko kwenye umeme wa matope. Kuna umeme wa jua na gesi. Loh! Pathetic pit!

"Ukiona viongozi ni wajinga fahamu kuwa wananchi wamewakilishwa vyema." Tuache lawama na tushukuru tukipata kiongozi muelewa.

Nnachojua kuhusu Madelu huwa ni bingwa wa kujipendekeza kwa boss wake ili aendelee kubaki barazani kulamba asali.
Ila kimsingi hana maajabu.

Hata mi nakubali. Hii ni kati ya makala bora kabisa nilizowahi kuzisoma hapa JF. Hadi imefanya nikomenti yaani. Nakubaliana na goodluck5 kwamba hii yote ni kwa sababu ya kulamba asali tu. Pia hoja ya mtoa mada kwamba Nyerere ndiye aliyekuwa msomi mashuhuri na mzalendo kindakindaki lakini hatukuwahi kumwona na hayo mabendera na manguo ya PhD anayovaa Mwigulu nimeikubali sana!

This guy, seen here singing empty praises, is a disgrace - and that's putting it mildly. But the sad thing is, he thinks that donning all that gear and singing those hollow praises makes him knowledgeable, and this is where it gets interesting.

View attachment 2429929
I have watched this video three times now and everytime I had to stop and wonder who was being addressed here. I kept asking myself if this taking was taking place in my own country or elsewhere!

Yeah, the people look like they are Tanzanians but the setting and the atmosphere reminded me of some other place. And now I can say for sure that what I was witnessing was surely foreign, to me!

And then I got it! This was not anything like Nyerere’s Tanzaniat, this was...this was something close to Kim’s North Korea! My God, who is this dude with the mike, oh no, someone please tell me!

Nnachojua kuhusu Madelu huwa ni bingwa wa kujipendekeza kwa boss wake ili aendelee kubaki barazani kulamba asali.
Ila kimsingi hana maajabu.

Na nyinyi jipendekezeni Mlambe Asali Kama ni easily like that , wivu wa kipumbavu kabisa.

Mambo ya "Juche" haya. "Nyerere kasema" ndiyo zimetufikisha hapa. Did you not have the slightest inkling the CCM is a cult? Kwanza hiyo PhD ya mchongo kapewa na Chuo kikuu cha CCM. Ndiyo chuo kinachozalisha watu kama Maharage Chande na Makamba. Hana lolote

I have watched this video three times now and everytime I had to stop and wonder who was being addressed here. I kept asking myself if this taking was taking place in my own country or elsewhere!

Yeah, the people look like they are Tanzanians but the setting and the atmosphere reminded me of some other place. And now I can say for sure that what I was witnessing was surely foreign, to me!

And then I got it! This was not anything like Nyerere’s Tanzaniat, this was...this was something close to Kim’s North Korea! My God, who is this dude with the mike, oh no, someone please tell me!
Mkuu Mag3, Tanzania, like most countries in the region, i.e. Uganda, Rwanda, etc, are what we call in the analytical parlance, anocracies. That's because they are run by semi-autocratic regimes. But in its current trajectory, Tanzania is moving even beyond this anocratic mode, as it morphs into a full autocratic mode. That, in my opinion, explains the indisposition that you have just so aptly elucidated above.

Mkuu Mag3, Tanzania, like most countries in the region, i.e. Uganda, Rwanda, etc, are what we call in the analytical parlance, anocracies. That's because they are run by semi-autocratic regimes. But in its current trajectory, Tanzania is moving even beyond this anocratic mode, as it morphs into a full autocratic mode. That, in my opinion, explains the indisposition that you have just so aptly elucidated above.
Trying so hard to impress with your academic English, but you unbeknowst stoop to the same level of fake and failed so called "intellectuals" like the main character of your elitist ramblings in a foreign language.

Back
Top Bottom