Mkurugenzi Mkuu wa UNESCO alaani mauaji ya Mwangosi

Nilikuwa nasikia magazeti leo asubuhi kupitia RFA na kuna moja limesema kwamba mkulu ametuma salamu za rambirambi kwa Obama kufuatia kifo cha balozi wake huko Libya. Hivi atakuwa alishatuma na kwa mjane wa Mwangosi?

Inasikitisha kwa Rais wetu kushindwa hata kulaani kinafiki na hata Pinda sijamsikia akilaani au nafsi zinawasuta. Anatuma rambimbi kwa Obama ili iweje biblia inasema mtu asiyewajali wa nyumbani mwake ni mbaya kuliko asiyeamini

[h=3]The Head of the United Nations agency tasked with defending press freedom has condemned the recent killing of a Tanzanian journalist, Mr Daudi Mwangosi, and called for an independent investigation into the matter.[/h]
Daudi-Mwangosi.jpg
Late Channel Ten reporter and Iringa Press Club Chairman, Daudi Mwangosi

“I am deeply concerned by the killing of Daudi Mwangosi and call on authorities to investigate his death and bring those responsible to justice,” the Director-General of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Irina Bokova, said in a press statement.
Mr Mwangosi (40) was killed while covering efforts by police to disperse supporters of opposition party Chadema in Nyololo village, Iringa region on September 2 this year. “It is essential for democracy and rule of law that journalists be allowed to carry out their duties and exercise their right to free speech safely,” Ms Bokova said.
The government has already formed a special committee of five people drawn from the judiciary, media fraternity and police force to investigate the killing of the journalist.The special committee is chaired by retired Judge Stephen Ihema while other members include Ms Pili Mtambalike of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), Theophil Makunga of Mwananchi Communications Ltd and Editors’ Forum and Criminal Investigation Department representative, Deputy Commissioner of Police Isaya Mngulu.
Dr Nchimbi told journalists recently that the committee has been given 30 days to probe the killing of the journalist and present him with a report.Already one policeman, Pacificus Cleophase Simon (23), has been arraigned before a court in the region charged with the murder of the journalist.

Serikali itahakikisha inaitunza familia ya marehemu, kuepuka kugeuzwa ni mtaji wa kisiasa ili kuizuia ile damu, isiwe ni sehemu ya damu ya ukombozi!
Wait and see!........

Nimesikia kuwa Mwandosya aliiwakilisha serikali kwenye mazishi na kuahidi kumsomesha mmoja wa watoto wa marehemu. Mimi nafikiri nyie wanasheria mnao wajibu kuisadia familia ya marehemu kuifikisha serikali mahakamani ili iwajibike kuilipa familia fidia stahiki kwa kuiondolea Breadwinner.

Hakuna cha kifo kugeuzwa mtaji wa kisiasa wala nini. Badala ya Dk Slaa naye kuahidi kusomesha watoto wa marehemu, angehimiza timu ya wanasheria wa CDM kuisaidia familia kwa hilo.

Tanzania Daily News (Dar es Salaam)

Unesco Chief Condemns Killing of Journalist

BY FAUSTINE KAPAMA, 20 SEPTEMBER 2012

00220207:cb21b65c1cc888d5776855c441c0941c:arc614x376:w360:us1.jpg
Photo: UNESCO

The Director-General of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Irina Bokova (file photo).

THE Head of the United Nations agency tasked with defending press freedom has condemned the recent killing of a Tanzanian journalist, Mr Daudi Mwangosi, and called for an independent investigation into the matter.

"I am deeply concerned by the killing of Daudi Mwangosi and call on authorities to investigate his death and bring those responsible to justice," the Director-General of the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), Irina Bokova, said in a press statement.

Mr Mwangosi (40) was killed while covering efforts by police to disperse supporters of opposition party Chadema in Nyololo village, Iringa region on September 2 this year. "It is essential for democracy and rule of law that journalists be allowed to carry out their duties and exercise their right to free speech safely," Ms Bokova said.

The government has already formed a special committee of five people drawn from the judiciary, media fraternity and police force to investigate the killing of the journalist. The special committee is chaired by retired Judge Stephen Ihema while other members include Ms Pili Mtambalike of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), Theophil Makunga of Mwananchi Communications Ltd and Editors' Forum and Criminal Investigation Department representative, Deputy Commissioner of Police Isaya Mngulu.

Dr Nchimbi told journalists recently that the committee has been given 30 days to probe the killing of the journalist and present him with a report. Already one policeman, Pacificus Cleophase Simon (23), has been arraigned before a court in the region charged with the murder of the journalist.

More Pressure needed... Is this is the reason WHY Mr. Kikwete did not want to attend UN General Assembly this Year?

Hapa hakuna cha kujitetea kwamba issue ipo mahakamani. Hiyo kamati feki ni kupoteza muda na rasilimali. Tunahitaji tume huru kama inavyopendekezwa na UNESCO pia. Nilazima ukweli wa mambo uwekwe wazi, na hatua za kisheria zichukuliwe kwa wahusika wote. Nii aibu kubwa kwa serikali inayopiga kelele kuwa inasimamia utawala bora na sheria kuwa ndiyo inawaficha na kutetea wauwaji. Hiyo inatufanya tuamini kuwa haya mauwaji ya kikatili yana mkono wa serikali.

UNESCO to intervene thiz issue iz very neccesary coz many issue lk thiz we failed 2 solve in a justice way. I think by them jk wil be shaken and do what the justice want.NATOA WITO KWA MASHIRIKA MENGINE YA KIMATAIFA NA HAKI ZA BINAADAMU
KUINGILIA KATI SWARA HILI

Diane Strong
7 hours ago ·

[h=5]WHY I LOVE TANZANIA
I have never set foot in Tanzania, but I know it is the heart of Africa. Kilimanjaro, the Serengeti, Olduvai Gorge, Ngorogoro Crater - many of us grew up with these images of Africa, without realizing that all these wonders are contained within the borders of Tanzania. For 15 years, I have been following events closely there, fighting a battle for justice on behalf of one who lived the lyrics of the reggae songs that dominated my life for many years as the producer of Reggae Strong. He didn't emancipate himself from mental slavery through song, but through repatriation, the key, the dream that Marcus Garvey spent his life trying to make manifest for the descendants of slavery. When the Bible referenced Ethiopia, the boundaries included in that land extended far into the Rift Valley, way beyond Haile Selassie's kingdom. Many of my reggae friends who sing, chant, paint, craft, merchandize, brand and promote Africa, still express a fear to me about Africa outside of Ethiopia. They see the image of a butchered journalist in Tanzania and tell me, "Oh, that is just Africa". The Western world has become familiar with Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Congo, South Africa, Rwanda, Nigeria--why? Because Africa's bad news is well publicized. Why has Tanzania, this iconic African country, gone under the radar so much? Because it has a history of peace and stability since Independence. Because the Honorable Julius Nyerere, was the only one of his peers to bring Independence to his nation and voluntarily step down at the end of his term. This great and humble man didn't wear robes, surround himself with splendor, animal skins, gold, jewels or a jacket full of military stars and shields. He just peacefully united 125 different tribes with a common language (Kiswahili), and a common identity...so his legacy remains largely unsung. Well I am here to tell those who claim to love Africa, while simultaneously clinging to a brutal and frighteningly generalized image of that huge continent, that horrific violence shocks Tanzanians. They are not accustomed to it. It is not a land inhabited by saints, however the alarming direction and disunity in the country is a new phenomenon, and one we want to nip in the bud NOW. I have no interest in politics or party affiliations, I just want to know that respect for human rights, peace and justice prevail for all the people of this beautiful and ancient land. So I am asking, one more time, for my friends to take a minute to sign and share this petition. Even if you are jaded by the Occupy Movement or the many causes and issues that pop up on your page, please put your cynicism aside and show solidarity with my friends in Tanzania who are making a major effort to change their country and keep Mwalimu Nyerere's vision and principles alive.
One love, one heart, one destiny. Asante sana. Mungu ibariki Tanzania.
http://www.change.org/petitions/government-of-tanzania-stop-police-violence-against-peaceful-demonstrators-and-journalists

[/h]

kuna watu wa Kikwete humu JF walikuwa wanakatisha watu tamaa na kubeza juhudi zetu za kulipeleka suala hili kwenye jumuia za Kimataifa! Walishasahau sauti ya wengi ni sauti ya mungu!

Back
Top Bottom