how to remove an OS.

marregal

May 8, 2011
well av been using ubuntu linux 11.10, had made a partition for it and now i want to remove it without affecting the booting loader for windows, assistance fellaz...:A S-coffee:

there is no way you can remove linux without affecting window loaders.during the installation of linux,windows loaders are replaced by those of linux.

there is a way,first of all you need to backup ur important files from your linux partition.then you need to have a windows operating system cd or any other booting cd.

Because you are ubuntu user hope u competent. How mny partion do u see when u re on windows?

Kama una any unknown partitions on the system then itakuwa ni ya Ubuntu Linux . You can do a simple things here. Right click on My Computer an then click on Manage. Then choose drive in which Linux is installed. Right click and delete that partition. baada ya kuifuta You can again click on that and create a new partition in Windows.

i do have 3 partitions on windows and am using window 7 ultimate..

i created a basic disk for ubuntu linux using partition wizard app. and through disk management i can see all the disks. the thing is if i delete the partition straight away through the disk management the pc wont have a booting system.. so far havent performed the deletion....:A S-coffee:

so u mean the present window has to be dropped down for kicking away ubuntu?

so u mean the present window has to be dropped down for kicking away ubuntu?

It depend on how u installed ubuntu.

Ubuntu has many( two) variation of installtions. and in one u can even remove it as you do normal program unistaltion in windows through cntrl partion.

So did u install ubuntu in windows partitin ie within eg drive C ? or it was installed in linux partin but in eg drive F

Go check and verify the boot.ini file in windows it will give helpful information. ?

okay lets continue,u need to have win 7 installation cd or any other booting cd,do u have that already?.

i didnt install it aside windows, cud even remove it by uninstallation but i gave it a partition in which through 'my computer'disks arrangement in windows it doesnt appear, i snitched some volume from other drive other than c, so lets say its independent from drive c and it can be seen in disk management.. tried to look for boot.ini file cudnt find it''

open windows7,rightclick mouse button on my computer icon,choose manage,double click storage,then disk management,look partitions if u can see linux partitions, u can easily delete them the swap... Create new partitions, restart.if by any chance the boot loader is messed up,then u will need a win7 cd to repair MBR.otherwise u r done.

delete the partition from the system and then restart you PC but before doing this do a back up...if the system won't restart properly then put your windows cd and restart again kwa lengo la kurepair

Back
Top Bottom