How to behave when given a lift

Focus120

JF-Expert Member
Nov 10, 2014
How to behave when given a lift to/from Ushago this Christmas season:

1. Keep time.

2. Don't put your arms on the window like a boss.

3. If he (the car owner) is traveling with his family, take a back seat. Don't jostle for the front seat with the wife.

4. Don't turn yourself into a D.J. if he has tuned to Mayieng/Sulwe/Chamgei FM, don't switch to Classic FM.

5. Ask before you roll the window down, A/C, etc. It may be faulty.

6. If you notice the car owner is traveling with a woman other than his wife, don't start asking him how his family is doing; it might be that the car owner told the young lady that he is single (just in case she is available).

7. Avoid stupid questions like "how much does a car like this cost?"

8. Don't turn the car into a pick-up so that you go buying charcoal, potatoes, boiled bananas, etc. along the road. Did you hire the car?

9. Note: not all hitchhiker's journeys end at Ambassadeaur hotel. Accept to alight anywhere in Nairobi.

10. Carry appropriate items. Don't carry chicken, duck, puppy, chang'aa, etc., lest you leave your clansman car dirty.

11. Before you hitch a lift, ensure you bathe and don't eat a cocktail of all manner of food, e.g., a mixed meal of mbuta and matumbo means you will be belching in your clansman car throughout the journey.

12. Don't rear a snake in your pocket (meaning don't be too stingy or fear digging deep into your pocket). Even if you are broke, you can buy roasted maize for others in the car to enjoy.

I rest my case.

Hahahaha!

All those conditions have nothing to do with me my dear,when someone give me a lift,all i can do is to talk,and talk,and talk,and talk,and talk and talk.....to infinite

sometimes i'm screaming....is this bad behaviour?,but you didn't write it anywhere

Hahahaha!

All those conditions have nothing to do with me my dear,when someone give me a lift,all i can do is to talk,and talk,and talk,and talk,and talk and talk.....to infinite

sometimes i'm screaming....is this bad behaviour?,but you didn't write it anywhere

That is a good approach to keep the driver awake....you can sing also lucky dube songs

Hahahaha!

Well, if the car owner is quite the chatterbox as u, no problem. You'll make a perfect pair.
Personally however, I would find u rather irritating.
I dont talk much. When driving long distance like that, I'd prefer to be silent for the most part, with my ears, preferably on the metal music blaring out from the player and my eyes ofcos on the road.

You should be able to guage though if somebody is into your chattings or not.
In this case, it's better if it is the car owner who initiates most of the convos, IMO.

Well, if the car owner is quite the chatterbox as u, no problem. You'll make a perfect pair.
Personally however, I would find u rather irritating.
I dont talk much. When driving long distance like that, I'd prefer to be silent for the most part, with my ears, preferably on the metal music blaring out from the player and my eyes ofcos on the road.

You should be able to guage though if somebody is into your chattings or not.
In this case, it's better if it is the car owner who initiates most of the convos, IMO.

teh teh teh

I'm extremely talkative man,twice the chatterbox
so it will be the biggest blunder,if i'll get lift from person who has selective mutism like u...!

I think the only rule that counts the most if its just you and the driver is,be ready to be the guy with the yellow jerrycan searching for fuel like a mad man in places with weird names like weiteithie and wenyiterere,if and when the car stalls.

I think the only rule that counts the most if its just you and the driver is,be ready to be the guy with the yellow jerrycan searching for fuel like a mad man in places with weird names like weiteithie and wenyiterere,if and when the car stalls.
Teh heh heh!!!

Aki how do u pipo fikiria things? Experience, nini?

Hehehe!! am also a talker and pointing at every exciting thing out there, will bring up politics, family issues, sports, movies, music, etc until I get your interest.... but few minutes down the road I'll slumber into dreamland. And when I wake up, expect another mouthful of chitchat before I fall asleep again, this will continue until we hit destination, so just get used to it.
And don't you stop me from admiring nice ladies along the way, unless if you're accompanied by family. Dare drive with me from Nairobi to Dar about 900KM, and you expect us to be silent all the way???? utanikoma.

How to behave when given a lift to/from ushago this Christmas season:

1. Keep time
2. Don't put your arms on the window like a boss
3. If he (the car owner) is traveling with his family, take a back seat. Don't jostle for the front seat with the wife.
4. Don't turn yourself into a D.J. if he has tuned to Mayieng/Sulwe/ Chamgei FM don't switch to classic FM
5. Ask before you roll the window down, A/c etc. It may be faulty
6. If you notice the car owner is traveling with a woman other than wife, don't start asking him how his family is doing it might be that the car owner told the young lady that he is single (just incase she is available)
7. Avoid stupid questions like "how much does a car like this cost"
8. Don't turn the car into a pick up so that you go buying charcoal, potatoes, boiled bananas etc along the road. Did you hire the car?
9. Note: not all hitch-hickers journeys end at Ambassadeaur hotel. Accept to alight anywhere in Nairobi
10. Carry appropriate items. Don't carry chicken, duck, puppy, chang'aa etc lest you leave your clans man car dirty
11. Before you hitch a lift ensure you bathe and don't eat a cocktail of all manner of food eg a mixed meal of mbuta and matumbo means you will be belching in your clansman car throughout the journey
12. Don't rear a snake in your pocket (meaning don't be too stingy or fear digging deep into your pocket) Even if you are broke, you can buy roasted maize for others in the car to enjoy

I Rest My Case.

My daladala is still the best option. Why all these?

That is a good approach to keep the driver awake....you can sing also lucky dube songs

Hahaha!Nice one,lucky dube songs,of all the songs one could sing!I think,....I am a priiisnaaaaooooww!......priiisnaaaaoooooww....... would be the most perfect!