English learning thread

Let me start by i appreciate you for correcting me.As i told you before on this thread, I am very poor in English,even children they has maturity stages, One day i will grow up.Thanks

You can always make sure .....
You could always is wrong ... you could've always is right.
Try not to use words like always, really ..... they are weak words that diminishes the specificity of adjectives.

We chizi nini? Hujisikii aibu kuongea kitu usichokijua.

I like the way you assist us Aqua.You read word by word and correct it accordingly.
I apologize for not accepting your appreciation,you know why?Check the red highlighted letters(you are still making the same mistake)learn at least one thing a day it is ok.
correction1: "I am stilling ask for your assistance in order to improve my English" should have been written as "I ask for your assistance in order to improve my English(simple present) or I am asking for your .....(present continuous)".The way I see it,I am also learning.Correct me if I go astray.
correction2:Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correct me...should have been written as "Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correcting(a verb) me" or "Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for the correction( a noun).
Adhabu yako Saints Holy,utafuta ubao wiki hii yote.(don't take it serious)

Let me start by i appreciate you Aqua for correcting me.As i told you before on this thread, I am very poor in English,even children they has maturity stages, One day i will grow up.Thanks

Let me start by i appreciate you Aqua for correcting me.As i told you before on this thread, I am very poor in English,even children they has maturity stages, One day i will grow up.Thanks

may be you could write .......... even children have their maturity stage,

when it is correct to say

1.Student enter in the class

2.Students enter the class

Please jf members help for this it confuses me.

Wakuu wanaohitaji kuifahamu vizuri lugha ya malkia ... ..... ... .wajitahidi kusoma magazeti ya komombo yanayoandikwa kutoka Uingereza yapo mengi kwenye mtandao, angalau wasome habari mbali mbali kwa masaa kama mawili hivi kila siku. Pili wasikilize taarifa za habari kutoka kwenye mashirika yanayotangaza kimombo kama vile BBC, SKY, CNN nk. wajiepushe sana na vyombo vya habari hususan kutoka Kenya kimombo chao hovyo ingawaje wanajidai ati wanakimanya, sana sana wanaweza kusikiliza cha nchi za kusini mwa Afrika ie SA, Zimbabwe au Botswana ... ... kama upo Dar pitia British Council ingawaje siku hizi ni kwa kiingilio ... ... njuluku zitakutoka.

Vipi Mandarini hakuna anayetaka kujifunza? khe khe khe kheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

We are trying Wacha1,but jf help us to practice the language,at least I can write a sentence to respond to comments and suggestions.Honestly I have improved though not that much but atleast.
When I wrote a sentence here and being corrected I learn something.As you know you can not teach yourself,we need your support as your suggestion is very constructive and helpful.
About Mnadarini hope will be the next language to learn after being comfortable with English,even though I dont know what it is!
Regards Mama wawili
Wakuu wanaohitaji kuifahamu vizuri lugha ya malkia ... ..... ... .wajitahidi kusoma magazeti ya komombo yanayoandikwa kutoka Uingereza yapo mengi kwenye mtandao, angalau wasome habari mbali mbali kwa masaa kama mawili hivi kila siku. Pili wasikilize taarifa za habari kutoka kwenye mashirika yanayotangaza kimombo kama vile BBC, SKY, CNN nk. wajiepushe sana na vyombo vya habari hususan kutoka Kenya kimombo chao hovyo ingawaje wanajidai ati wanakimanya, sana sana wanaweza kusikiliza cha nchi za kusini mwa Afrika ie SA, Zimbabwe au Botswana ... ... kama upo Dar pitia British Council ingawaje siku hizi ni kwa kiingilio ... ... njuluku zitakutoka.

Vipi Mandarini hakuna anayetaka kujifunza? khe khe khe kheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kwanza naomba uniwie radhi for making a promise that I have time and time again failed to fulfill. sijui uelewa wa kompyuta wako ni mkubwa kiasi gani, nikieleza kitu usinielewe don't hestitate to ask me about it.
haya sasa, kusoma vitabu kwa kompyuta unahitaji kuwa na program ya kuzifungulia because files zake ni kama za music au movies, yani ni lazima zifunguliwe ni a specific program. kuna aina nyingi ya mifumo ya e-books, hii ilitokana na kuwa ebooks za kwanza zilikuwa zinatengenzwa for reading devices (the kindle ni a famous example). the best program ya kutumia kwa windows inaitwa Calibre as inaelewa mifumo yote ya e-books. kupata vitabu ni kwa njia mbili. unaweza nunua kutoka sellers kama Amazon, au unaweza tafutana na pirated ones (which is where I get 95% of my books). ili kupata hizi books, mi hutumia sites mbili tatu, nitaweka links nikiwa nyumbani jioni. ila unaweza tumia google pia.
mfano unataka vitabu vya Grisham. search kwa kuandika labda *John Grisham .prc* .prc ni aina moja ya mfumo wa vitabu, na ndio modt popular. kuna zingine nyingi kama .mobi na .lit
kwanza download Calibre, link ndo hii.. www.calibre-ebook.com
vitabu unaweza anza hapa kama unatumia torrents.. Other > E-books - TPB nitarudi jioni kukupa direct links.

thanks alot Leh for fulfilling your promise,dont mention about the delay hope this is the right time to have this,
I have tried to open some of the link and watch the demo of www.calibre-ebook.com .It seems the link have alot to read(book),real you have impressed me,I am glad you have provided the room for questions in case of any problem.
Hey my fellow students where are you?
thanks again be blessed
kwanza naomba uniwie radhi for making a promise that I have time and time again failed to fulfill. sijui uelewa wa kompyuta wako ni mkubwa kiasi gani, nikieleza kitu usinielewe don't hestitate to ask me about it.
haya sasa, kusoma vitabu kwa kompyuta unahitaji kuwa na program ya kuzifungulia because files zake ni kama za music au movies, yani ni lazima zifunguliwe ni a specific program. kuna aina nyingi ya mifumo ya e-books, hii ilitokana na kuwa ebooks za kwanza zilikuwa zinatengenzwa for reading devices (the kindle ni a famous example). the best program ya kutumia kwa windows inaitwa Calibre as inaelewa mifumo yote ya e-books. kupata vitabu ni kwa njia mbili. unaweza nunua kutoka sellers kama Amazon, au unaweza tafutana na pirated ones (which is where I get 95% of my books). ili kupata hizi books, mi hutumia sites mbili tatu, nitaweka links nikiwa nyumbani jioni. ila unaweza tumia google pia.
mfano unataka vitabu vya Grisham. search kwa kuandika labda *John Grisham .prc* .prc ni aina moja ya mfumo wa vitabu, na ndio modt popular. kuna zingine nyingi kama .mobi na .lit
kwanza download Calibre, link ndo hii.. www.calibre-ebook.com
vitabu unaweza anza hapa kama unatumia torrents.. Other > E-books - TPB nitarudi jioni kukupa direct links.

Mama wawilii

First of all, Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate you on your determinations to improve your English comprehension. In addition, I want to give you a piece of advice on how to improve your English comprehension, this is however, largely based on my own English learning experience. It should be clearly known that, I am also an English learner and my English isn’t perfect as I don’t have enough vocabulary range to clearly get my message across, and ofcourse, I occasionally make some grammatical errors. As I told you, I am also learning English, but I’m using, what i believe to be the most effective methods and latest techniques. It’s really making my learning process easier, so fun and enjoyable. I presume that, you want to improve your English comprehension in terms of Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Pronunciation, as well as increase your vocabulary range.

First, you need to understand that, the traditional methods of teaching English are not effective, boring ones, as they make a learner struggling to cram and memorize complex grammar rules – I can say that, it’s mostly prepare students kujibia MITIHANI, but when it comes to the real situation, he/she cannot speak English fluently and confidently. This, to some extent, can also be evidenced in your thread, as there are some members boasting and showing off themselves how good they are to those rules. It’s OK to know grammar, but It should be noted that cramming those complex grammar rules, knowing many complicated words or swallowing the dictionary does not necessarily makes someone a good speaker. For instance, an English/American child doesn’t know any of those complex grammatical rules, but she can fluently and confidently speak good English, same as Kiswahili na Mtoto wa Kiswahili. My advice to you are:

a) A someone, especially, at your level can comprehend the English language more effectively in listening rather than reading (i.e Learn with your ears and not your eyes) .Please make sure you adopt a SHADOW READING TECHNIQUE, whenever is possible. There’s a vast array of literature supports this, as a most effective way to ESL learners;

b) KISS (Keep it simple, stupid! or "Keep It Short and Simple"): hii inahusika saana, As you have been advised earlier in this thread by some of the members, I am also insisting on that. This will help you be able to speak confidently and fluently whether in business settings or in academic surroundings;​

c) Increase your exposure to English language, it could be reading the books, or surfing the sites that interest you, listening to English audio, watching Engish movies and practice your speaking with colleagues etc. don’t afraid of making mistakes or your friends will laugh at you. After all, no one is perfect. In addition, If you’ve a smart phone (iPhone, Android etc), will make your English language learning process much easier as there’s a lot of free apps and podcasts out there, you can download and enjoy your English lessons at your convenient;​

d) Lastly I recommend some very useful websites, when it comes to learning English The first one is English Class 101 This is my favorite and is so powerful. You can access it free of charge, but if you certainly want to master hii lugha ya Malikia, I advice to register to the premium package which cost 26$ per month. It's worth it, as it's complete site when it comes reading, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, etc. Shadow reading technique itakusaidia pia ku-impove your pronunciation. Ingia ujionee – tenga at least 3 hours kati ya 24 kwa siku, zingatia hilo na baada ya miezi mwili, njoo utupe feedback. Sio kwamba mimi naipigia debe. Other websites are BBC Learning English and British Council Learning English and Learn English Pronounciation.​

To conclude, that’s what I have had and would like to share with you and other members who are interested to improve their English comprehension, and be able to speak fluently and confidently. Moreover, I will be more than happy to make a clarification on issue (s) that might not be clear to you. I wish you all the best katika kujifunza kwako lugha ya Malikia,. But don’t forget ‘PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks alot Leh for fulfilling your promise,dont mention about the delay hope this is the right time to have this,
I have tried to open some of the link and watch the demo of www.calibre-ebook.com .It seems the link have alot to read(book),real you have impressed me,I am glad you have provided the room for questions in case of any problem.
Hey my fellow students where are you?'
thanks again be blessed

most of my books nimedownload kutoka hii forum
MobiPocket/Kindle Books Here By hiteshp & Others

ukienda hapo utakuta vitabu vingi vya fiction. kuona links za downloads itabidi ufanye registration ila nimeku inbox user name yangu na password nayotumia pale. kama kuna kitabu unatafuta na huoni nijulishe. cha msingi kujua ni kuwa most books on the internet are of the fiction genre. the non-fiction lovers usually own hard copies of the books and are usually sticklers for authority and law

Si kujigamba wala nini lakini nimehitimu kwa lugha ya Kiswahili na ya Kiingereza, hivyo nitakuwa hapa kuwasaidia kwa aina yoyote mnayoitaka. Naamini nitaweza kuchangia sana kwa hilo.

soma hichi hapa Mama wawilii, ndicho nasoma ni cha Grisham (one of my favourite authors) published this year and will no doubt end up being a best-seller. if you get stuck or whatever, nipo kwa ajili yako. cheers

Attachments

• The Racketeer - John Grisham.zip
    387.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Bin Adamu we are here to learn from each other, sharing the little we have so as to meet the goal ,I am much impressed that you have devoted you time and knowledge you have to assist us.I promise you we are good student,thanks
Si kujigamba wala nini lakini nimehitimu kwa lugha ya Kiswahili na ya Kiingereza, hivyo nitakuwa hapa kuwasaidia kwa aina yoyote mnayoitaka. Naamini nitaweza kuchangia sana kwa hilo.

Bin Adamu we are here to learn from each other, sharing the little we have so as to meet the goal ,I am much impressed that you have devoted you time and knowledge you have to assist us.I promise you we are good student,thanks

Hello mam Wawili just some minor correction on the red highlighted words.
you have devoted you time and knowledge; your(showing possession) time not "you time"
we are good student: "we" is used for more than one person thus it is incorrect to use student instead use students(plural).Thus you should have written "we are good students".
Thanks.

Noted,thanks
Hello mam Wawili just some minor correction on the red highlighted words.
you have devoted you time and knowledge; your(showing possession) time not "you time"
we are good student: "we" is used for more than one person thus it is incorrect to use student instead use students(plural).Thus you should have written "we are good students".
Thanks.

Dear Ishina,
I don't have enough words to express my gratitude to you. You have introduced something very interesting and easy way of improving my English comprehension.I have already joined English class 101,though not yet registerd to the premium package(it is on my plan).The website is very user friend ,interesting and easy to understand the topic of the day.I usually visit other suggested websites,listen english program radio and watch BBC news.Real it works and I see some changes .
I need you help my dears JF ,I am facing one major problem with the pronounciation of some tv or Radio presenters,I don't hear them propery(may be they speak too fast),I found myself concetrating much to hear what they say,unfortunaterly I end up catching some few words!please help me any strategy?
Thanks

Mama wawilii

First of all, Let me also take this opportunity to congratulate you on your determinations to improve your English comprehension. In addition, I want to give you a piece of advice on how to improve your English comprehension, this is however, largely based on my own English learning experience. It should be clearly known that, I am also an English learner and my English isn't perfect as I don't have enough vocabulary range to clearly get my message across, and ofcourse, I occasionally make some grammatical errors. As I told you, I am also learning English, but I'm using, what i believe to be the most effective methods and latest techniques. It's really making my learning process easier, so fun and enjoyable. I presume that, you want to improve your English comprehension in terms of Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, Pronunciation, as well as increase your vocabulary range.

First, you need to understand that, the traditional methods of teaching English are not effective, boring ones, as they make a learner struggling to cram and memorize complex grammar rules – I can say that, it's mostly prepare students kujibia MITIHANI, but when it comes to the real situation, he/she cannot speak English fluently and confidently. This, to some extent, can also be evidenced in your thread, as there are some members boasting and showing off themselves how good they are to those rules. It's OK to know grammar, but It should be noted that cramming those complex grammar rules, knowing many complicated words or swallowing the dictionary does not necessarily makes someone a good speaker. For instance, an English/American child doesn't know any of those complex grammatical rules, but she can fluently and confidently speak good English, same as Kiswahili na Mtoto wa Kiswahili. My advice to you are:

a) A someone, especially, at your level can comprehend the English language more effectively in listening rather than reading (i.e Learn with your ears and not your eyes) .Please make sure you adopt a SHADOW READING TECHNIQUE, whenever is possible. There's a vast array of literature supports this, as a most effective way to ESL learners;

b) KISS (Keep it simple, stupid! or "Keep It Short and Simple"): hii inahusika saana, As you have been advised earlier in this thread by some of the members, I am also insisting on that. This will help you be able to speak confidently and fluently whether in business settings or in academic surroundings;​

c) Increase your exposure to English language, it could be reading the books, or surfing the sites that interest you, listening to English audio, watching Engish movies and practice your speaking with colleagues etc. don't afraid of making mistakes or your friends will laugh at you. After all, no one is perfect. In addition, If you've a smart phone (iPhone, Android etc), will make your English language learning process much easier as there's a lot of free apps and podcasts out there, you can download and enjoy your English lessons at your convenient;​

d) Lastly I recommend some very useful websites, when it comes to learning English The first one is English Class 101 This is my favorite and is so powerful. You can access it free of charge, but if you certainly want to master hii lugha ya Malikia, I advice to register to the premium package which cost 26$ per month. It's worth it, as it's complete site when it comes reading, speaking, grammar, pronunciation, etc. Shadow reading technique itakusaidia pia ku-impove your pronunciation. Ingia ujionee – tenga at least 3 hours kati ya 24 kwa siku, zingatia hilo na baada ya miezi mwili, njoo utupe feedback. Sio kwamba mimi naipigia debe. Other websites are BBC Learning English and British Council Learning English and Learn English Pronounciation.​

To conclude, that's what I have had and would like to share with you and other members who are interested to improve their English comprehension, and be able to speak fluently and confidently. Moreover, I will be more than happy to make a clarification on issue (s) that might not be clear to you. I wish you all the best katika kujifunza kwako lugha ya Malikia,. But don't forget ‘PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Back
Top Bottom