English learning thread

Again thanks for your opinion.

Don't let someone else's opinion of you become your reality.(by Les brown)

Verb ''to do'' not being used in making positive statements is not a matter of my personal opinion. Rather, it's one of the traditional hard-and-fast English usage rules established to be followed by speakers and writers of the language. To be on the safe side and to avoid misleadling other Forum members, you could always make sure that you talk about only those things you're fully at home with. In other words, never raise issues you can't defend or provide evidence for.

Verb ''to do'' not being used in making positive statements is not a matter of my personal opinion. Rather, it's one of the traditional hard-and-fast English usage rules established to be followed by speakers and writers of the language. To be on the safe side and to avoid misleadling other Forum members, you could always make sure that you talk about only those things you're fully at home with. In other words, never raise issues you can't defend or provide evidence for.
Pole sana naona mpaka usiku unahangaika tu.I thank you for how you respond and judge people I have came to know a lot about you through your posts,the way you argue with people.since now i know who you real are,I will waste no time with you and if you try again I will say some facts about you with prove.It's true unaufahamu wa lugha kwa kiasi chake ila unajihisi wewe tu ndiyo uko sahihi na you always want to win na hupendi kujifunza kutoka kwa wengine thinking you know everything.Soma hapa ubishane na kitabu.
Again I real appreciate your opinion.Naomba tusidorminate forum kuna wengi wanapenda kuchangia na kujifunza,ligi mimi sipendi ,please nakuomba ligi huache hazijengi.Samahani kama nitakuwa nimekuofendi.Now I officiallly announce you as a winner.Congratulation.

Attn: Radhia Sweety and leh

Unless I am mistaken, the aim of this thread was to help Mama Wawili and others who are struggling to improve their English language skills. I feel that your discussions and choice of vocabulary are way beyond the scope for someone of Mama Wawili's ability, at least for now. Maybe another 'Maestro' thread would be handy and the theorists can have a field day. Leh for one, writes like someone from the 18th Century (quite commendable really) but Mama Wawili would like to learn English that she could use in the office and at the market today!

you're quite right miss, I only noticed too late that I was actually being more of a problem on this thread than being a problem solver. I have issues with being corrected when I believe that I am right- and that happens a lot (my college professors can attest to that). I am also not one to back out of an argument, especially if I find a good opponent.
it is true that my writing can be rather jumbled and even incomprehensible at times, my punctuation a pain, this even more so when am on forums and threads vis-à-vis school and work where I tend to be more legible.
I would like to take this chance to apologise to Mama wawilii for messing up what was an otherwise educative thread and to anybody else who I might have irked with my machoistic ego.

I promise to play nice (LOL), keep my sentences short and clear, and be the best help I can be.
as always, leh
30bi8gy.gif

Leh I am waiting for the directions on how to acces e-book:A S cry:
I am truly sorry that I offered help and then ended up doing a bit of houdini. nimekuwa sina internet access lakini sijasahau ahadi yangu na infact I have been thinking that we should get a book club or something (i'll elaborate on this further as soon as I can). nitaweka links ya sehemu unaweza pata hizi vitabu na jinsi ya kuzisoma today evening

I am still waiting
I am truly sorry that I offered help and then ended up doing a bit of houdini. nimekuwa sina internet access lakini sijasahau ahadi yangu na infact I have been thinking that we should get a book club or something (i'll elaborate on this further as soon as I can). nitaweka links ya sehemu unaweza pata hizi vitabu na jinsi ya kuzisoma today evening

I wanted to be among your teacher but now I have changed my mind after realising that you are better at English than myself. May be I should be your fellow student

Even myself,This Language is my problem,I fall to communicating and sharing with my fellow friends.I have come very happy with this Mama wawili thread, Please Aqua and other members help me. thank you.

Saints Holy,don't worry,what you need is to work hard hand by hand with our teachers and be ready to be corrected and work on those comments and advice.
i have observed some minor mistakes ,my teachers where are you?come and correct me here I go[
Even myself ,this Language is a problem,I fail to communicate and share different ideas with my friends......

QUOTE=Saints Holy;4911557]Even myself,This Language is my problem,I fall to communicating and sharing with my fellow friends.I have come very happy with this Mama wawili thread, Please Aqua and other members help me. thank you.[/QUOTE]

I have found this thread helpful just like abdi sultan's column (our kind of English)

Saints Holy,don't worry,what you need is to work hard hand by hand with our teachers and be ready to be corrected and work on those comments and advice.
i have observed some minor mistakes ,my teachers where are you?come and correct me here I go[
Even myself ,this Language is a problem,I fail to communicate and share different ideas with my friends......

QUOTE=Saints Holy;4911557]Even myself,This Language is my problem,I fall to communicating and sharing with my fellow friends.I have come very happy with this Mama wawili thread, Please Aqua and other members help me. thank you.
Congratulation mama Wawili for being able to see that the sentence you have highlighted in red has grammatical error.That is a positive thing.keep it up.

Even myself,This Language is my problem,I fall to communicating and sharing with my fellow friends.I have come very happy with this Mama wawili thread, Please Aqua and other members help me. thank you.
Ok.You have problem with capitalization,it seems you don't know or you have forgotten when and where to capitalize a letter/word.Any first letter following a colon( . ) must be capitalized,any first letter for any word following a semi-colon( , ) must be a small letter with exemption of noun.Look on the red highlighted words/letters and learn from your mistake.
Mama Wawili also has problem with capitalization(" i have ...." is not equal to " I have..")

By "I fall " do you mean I fail?If that is the case "I fall to communicating and sharing with my fellow friends' would be written " I fail to communicate(not communicating) and share(here you are needed to say what you want to share,eg.my ideas,my feelings,my opinion) with my friends.(check if it is correct to say fellow friends because fellow means 'associate,colleague,member,guy).I have a feeling it might be wrong but I am not sure.Anybody can find out and contribute.

I have come very happy with this Mama wawili thread you could have written it "I am very happy with mama Wawili's thread" sound good than the previous one.
You have problem with possessive case revise here.I am also learning so only if I have made mistake I will appreciate to be corrected.
Thanks.

through mama wawili i will learn something good! and am sure it will help me improve my English

Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correct me on capitalization and grammar, it's my hope i will make it one day. I am stilling ask for your assistance in order to improve my English, i know i am very poor in written and spoken; if there are any other means i can use for studying, please tell me.

teh teh teh Saints Holy,You have grouped me with Aqua!!!!!!!!!!!!people may think Iam a teacher too while I am not,I am just a student like you ,any ways its a good sign that I am improving it.Wish you all the best,hope one day we will be fluent,
Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correct me on capitalization and grammar, it's my hope i will make it one day. I am stilling ask for your assistance in order to improve my English, i know i am very poor in written and spoken; if there are any other means i can use for studying, please tell me.

I apologize for not accepting your appreciation,you know why?Check the red highlighted letters(you are still making the same mistake)learn at least one thing a day it is ok.
correction1: "I am stilling ask for your assistance in order to improve my English" should have been written as "I ask for your assistance in order to improve my English(simple present) or I am asking for your .....(present continuous)".The way I see it,I am also learning.Correct me if I go astray.
correction2:Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correct me...should have been written as "Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for correcting(a verb) me" or "Thank you Aqua and Mama wawili for the correction( a noun).
Adhabu yako Saints Holy,utafuta ubao wiki hii yote.(don't take it serious)

I apologize for not accepting your appreciation,you know why?Check the red highlighted letters(you are still making the same mistake)learn at least one thing a day it is ok.
correction: "I am stilling ask for your assistance in order to improve my English" should have been written as "I ask for your assistance in order to improve my English(simple present) or I am asking for your .....(present continuous)".The way I see it,I am also learning.Correct me if I go astray.
OR ... I'm still asking.

For correcting me.
The best way to learn English, is by watching TV ...watch a lot of Tv .

You can always make sure .....
You could always is wrong ... you could've always is right.
Try not to use words like always, really ..... they are weak words that diminishes the specificity of adjectives.

Back
Top Bottom