Congrats Fountain Gate Academy, but ..

akili

May 5, 2008
Fountain Gate Academy has done a commendable job so far without even having a standard five. Hope they will continue the same till they reach grade 7.

However, there are few bad apples at that school who discourage good pupils by rewarding them less marks and position than they actually deserve.

Again they are very hostile and unkind to pupils whose parents don't give them what I call undeserved gifts.

It is the parents who give something to the teachers who will get the best marks and hold the top positions.

Am sure the director is not aware of what is going on. As a way of helping him let me recommend that he disallows any teacher to set or invigilare or mark his or her class examinations. In this way, the parents who like to bribe will bribe more than three persons. This is unlikely. The end result shall, of course be, those who deserve gets the right marks and positions.

Hope this information will go on to make FGA the best primary school not only in Ilala District but the whole of Dar es salaam.

Fountain Gate Academy has done a commendable job so far without even having a standard five. Hope they will continue the same till they reach grade 7.

You should have substantiated the wonderful job done so far by this school anyway!

by rewarding them less marks and position than they actually deserve

My understanding is marks are always earned not rewarded, students should get what they deserve based on each one's efforts! When marks are jsut being rewarded as parent think critically, and I suggest try to get schools that are run in a more objective way!

Again they are very hostile and unkind to pupils whose parents don't give them what I call undeserved gifts.

What do you mean by the ''undeserved rights''? aren't you paying sky rocketing fees from which these teachers should collect their pay? and if they are getting their salaries, why should they be hostile to just few kids, just because their parents do not give them BRIBES to AWARD them marks? Have you ever spoken this to the FGA administration or you just JF will solve their problems? On serious note, if you a kid there and what you say is true, I suggest that you take necessary steps i.e report the matter (with evidence) to the admin and if no action is taken, take out you kid to the best schools in town immediately!

It is the parents who give something to the teachers who will get the best marks and hold the top positions.

If the kids deserve getting best marks based on their intellectual capabilities and parents come out to teachers saying, thank you for the good job, I don't see any problem!

Am sure the director is not aware of what is going on.

Why don't you go and let him know what is happening around him....see my comments above as well!

As a way of helping him let me recommend that he disallows any teacher to set or invigilare or mark his or her class examinations. In this way, the parents who like to bribe will bribe more than three persons. This is unlikely.

Go and tell him this face to face....if this is not umbea!

The end result shall, of course be, those who deserve gets the right marks and positions.

If you know this why worry?

You should have substantiated the wonderful job done so far by this school anyway!

My understanding is marks are always earned not rewarded, students should get what they deserve based on each one's efforts! When marks are jsut being rewarded as parent think critically, and I suggest try to get schools that are run in a more objective way!

What do you mean by the ''undeserved rights''? aren't you paying sky rocketing fees from which these teachers should collect their pay? and if they are getting their salaries, why should they be hostile to just few kids, just because their parents do not give them BRIBES to AWARD them marks? Have you ever spoken this to the FGA administration or you just JF will solve their problems? On serious note, if you a kid there and what you say is true, I suggest that you take necessary steps i.e report the matter (with evidence) to the admin and if no action is taken, take out you kid to the best schools in town immediately!

If the kids deserve getting best marks based on their intellectual capabilities and parents come out to teachers saying, thank you for the good job, I don't see any problem!

Why don't you go and let him know what is happening around him....see my comments above as well!

Go and tell him this face to face....if this is not umbea!

If you know this why worry?
Nextlevel umekuwa mkali kama mwalimu lol. Au wewe ndio ticha? only joking....heheee! Inaonekana kama una watoto wanakuogopa duh!

However, there are few bad apples at that school who discourage good pupils by rewarding them less marks and position than they actually deserve.

Am sure the director is not aware of what is going on. As a way of helping him let me recommend that he disallows any teacher to set or invigilare or mark his or her class examinations. In this way, the parents who like to bribe will bribe more than three persons. This is unlikely. The end result shall, of course be, those who deserve gets the right marks and positions.

Hope this information will go on to make FGA the best primary school not only in Ilala District but the whole of Dar es salaam.

Reading between the lines, it seems kids in this "modern" school are just given good scores, as a marketing strategy. This is to say, good scores may be uncorrelated with the students understanding of the subject matters. Before you congratulate the school, check if your kid is worth the grades. It may also help to review the strength/robustness of the exams. S/he may be a one-eyed man in a country of blinds!

Nextlevel umekuwa mkali kama mwalimu lol. Au wewe ndio ticha? only joking....heheee! Inaonekana kama una watoto wanakuogopa duh!

Mkuu Nzokanhyilu;
Unajua ndugu yetu Akili, ukisoma vizuri post yake malalamiko yake kwa kweli hayaja kaa vizuri kabisa......sijui anagopa nini kuwavaa hao wenye shule kama yeye ni mdau i.e labda ana mtoto pale au ndugu yake etc. Mi nilitegemea azungumzie tatizo lilipo then, atwambie hatua walizochukua, halafu nini kinaendalea baada ya hapo!

Kingine ambacho sikupenda, kudai eti watoto wanafelishwa kwenye mitihani ya ndani...hili haliniingii akilini kabisa....sorry naliona kama uzushi tu! Pia kama hili ni kweli, ilikuwa awe makini zaidi (kama mzazi) kuhusu marks zinazotolewa kwa mtoto wake........soma mchango wa mdau Zungu on this point hapo chini!

Reading between the lines, it seems kids in this "modern" school are just given good scores, as a marketing strategy. This is to say, good scores may be uncorrelated with the students understanding of the subject matters. Before you congratulate the school, check if your kid is worth the grades. It may also help to review the strength/robustness of the exams. S/he may be a one-eyed man in a country of blinds!

The school is faring very well now. The progress is very positive as in this year's standard seven results, they ranked 2nd in ilala municipal, and 5th regional wise with almost all students getting an average mark of A, except for two students who had an average of B.
In my opinion, if they progress like this, with the school environment that they have, they can even be the first national wise.

Back
Top Bottom