CALL FOR SUPPORT: To Build or not To Build - The Serengeti Highway saga

:help:
Could anyone enlight me please!
As of today,the Arusha-Musoma road appr. 480 is crossing the serengeti/ngorongoro/Manyara/Seronera national parks/game reserves. I wonder why the environmentalist and green activists never worried about it .

Secondly,If dialogue to avert the destruction of this natural heritage is imperative, why the same dictum did not prevail on '' Ivory''!!

:help:
Could anyone enlight me please!
As of today,the Arusha-Musoma road appr. 480 is crossing the serengeti/ngorongoro/Manyara/Seronera national parks/game reserves. I wonder why the environmentalist and green activists never worried about it .

Secondly,If dialogue to avert the destruction of this natural heritage is imperative, why the same dictum did not prevail on '' Ivory''!!

The main issue is related increased human acitivities. As of now, there is literal low level of human activity because the road is not in good condition. Many people, especially with vans and saloon prefer Arusha-Nairobi-Musoma route. Once construction is completed definetely there will be high traffic that may pose danger to wildlife as is the case for Dar-Mbeya highway through Mikumi NP.

Diverting the road will significantly increase costs of construction as well as lengthern time travelled between Arusha and Musoma unnecessarily. In addition, the would be diverted road will run almost close to an existing Dar Mwanza road that passes through Dom, Sing, Nzega, and Shy. This will be injustice to people located within Serengeti and its perimeters as they would mis the service of this important road.

On top of everything, if you ever take everything from these so-called environmentalist, you will never have development. Scientists have established that construction and subsquent use of the road will never affect wildlife whatsoever. The main concern with environmentalists is increased road kill, that is easily controlled. The organisation that are too vocal include Frankfurt Zoological Society that is based within Serengeti for many years now, African Wildlife Fund with office in Arusha and TANAPA. Many considers TANAPA as being dragged in blindlly. The road is of great benefits to TANAPA than anybody, if real earning are taken into consideration.

..tatizo Raisi hakueleza kwanini barabara inayokatiza mbugani Serengeti ni better kwa mazingira na uhifadhi wa mbuga hiyo kuliko barabara inayopendekezwa na wanaharakati ambayo haikatizi mbugani.

Hii ni kazi ya scholar mwenye analysis, Kikwete si scholar, fine, unaweza kusema si kila rais lazima awe scholar, ila huyu hata hawezi kutumia scholars alionao kiasi anatufanya wengine ntuhofie labda kaacha kuongelea hili kwa sababu hamna hoja za msingi.

Watanzania wenzangu embu tuache kuburuzwa na sifa za wanasiasa, tuwe na msimamo wa kusimamia ukweli. Kile ambacho kinastahili kutetewa kitetewe sio kukata tamaa kuwa Raisi kashaamua basi tuache tu.

Angali hiyo executive summary ilivyo ya ajabu. Kweli unaweza kufanya mitigation ya baada ya kuharibu animal habitat kwa mil. 300? Eti Rais anadanganya watu barabara itakayopita Serengeti ni 50 km tu hivyo haina madhara; kweli jamani? Lazima tutambue kuwa hiyo ni commercial route, hivyo kila mtu atataka kupita njia fupi, hili ni suala la critical path, its very simple reasoning. Imagine hiyo concentration ya magari katika njia hiyo itakuwaje.

Kanyafu Nkanwa said:
The main issue is related increased human acitivities. As of now, there is literal low level of human activity because the road is not in good condition. Many people, especially with vans and saloon prefer Arusha-Nairobi-Musoma route. Once construction is completed definetely there will be high traffic that may pose danger to wildlife as is the case for Dar-Mbeya highway through Mikumi NP.

Diverting the road will significantly increase costs of construction as well as lengthern time travelled between Arusha and Musoma unnecessarily. In addition, the would be diverted road will run almost close to an existing Dar Mwanza road that passes through Dom, Sing, Nzega, and Shy. This will be injustice to people located within Serengeti and its perimeters as they would mis the service of this important road.

On top of everything, if you ever take everything from these so-called environmentalist, you will never have development. Scientists have established that construction and subsquent use of the road will never affect wildlife whatsoever. The main concern with environmentalists is increased road kill, that is easily controlled. The organisation that are too vocal include Frankfurt Zoological Society that is based within Serengeti for many years now, African Wildlife Fund with office in Arusha and TANAPA. Many considers TANAPA as being dragged in blindlly. The road is of great benefits to TANAPA than anybody, if real earning are taken into consideration.

..what is opposed here is a highway that will be crossing Serengeti. that should not be read as opposing Arusha--Musoma highway.

..there is a study conducted by a group of scholars that included the former Director of Tanapa. i read in raia mwema magazine that these scholars are proposing a shorter route frm Arusha - Musoma that will not cut through the Serengeti.

..I dont know all the facts on the ground, but I dont think if the road is diverted to the south, as it is proposed by the enviromental groups, the rise in construction costs will be too significant.

..I can also argue that we would rather incur higher construction costs by taking the proposed southern route, than the cost of losing the Serengeti in a long run. Serengeti is a big player in Tanzania's tourism industry, a lot of families and businesses depend on it. We must do all that we can to protect Serengeti for our own benefits and future generations

NB:
..kuhusu urefu wa safari inapaswa tujue kwanza hiyo southern route itapita wapi na ina urefu gani. also we should take into consideration kwamba 50 km of the road proposed by the govt will not be tarmacked na itakuwa inapita mbugani kwa msingi huo traffic has to slow down. hii southern route yote itakuwa tarmacked.

jokaKuu,
Kilichonishtua mimi, and I stand to be corrected, ni uhusiano wa Kikwete na Tudor, na mradi wa Tudor katika Grumeti, na sasa ripoti kuwa Kikwete ana shares kwenye ile hoteli ya Kempiski iliyojengwa mbugani Serengeti. Nikajiuliza, je hizi interest za barabara ya Serengeti ni kwa maslahi yetu
kweli au ni maslahi ya kibiashara ya Tudor na Kikwete? Bado nakuna kichwa.

Jokakuu and others,
Read the following document careful to understand the story.
Remembers that it was written by one of the opponents for the would-be road running from Arusha to Musoma through Serengeti.

You should also, while reading, make comparisons to other ecosystems around the World.

Attachments

• SERENGETI.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Jasusi,

..thanks..sikuwa na habari hiyo ya uwekezaji wa JK na Tudor.

..ninachowaomba wananchi ni kwamba wasipotoshwe kwamba kinachopingwa hapa ni barabara ya Arusha -- Musoma. la hasha, kinachopingwa ni barabara inayokatiza ndani ya mbuga ya Serengeti.

..huu mradi unaleta BAD PUBLICITY kwa biashara ya utalii Tanzania.

Kwa updates za uhakika na zilizofanyiwa utafiti kamili, Moderators wa JF nawashauri waingize tovuti ya STOP THE SERENGETI HIGHWAY katika JF ili tuhabarike kwa hoja za msingi, si za jazba. Binafsi nafikiri njia mbadala inayoshauriwa ina manufaa zaidi kwa waTanzania kwani itawafikia wengi zaidi, itaweza kutunzwa/kukarabatiwa kiurahisi zaidi na haitaangamiza 'ecosystem'.

Mradi unaopendekezwa; kama ukipitia EIA yake, ukilinganisha na 'alternatives' zinazoshauriwa utakusaidia kutathmini na kuamua ni lipi jema kwa waTanzania. Kufikiri kwamba kifo cha nyumbu and mnyama pori ye yote mbugani hakimhusu mwananchi wa eneo jingine Tanzania hivyo yaachwe tu ni sawa na kusema kama nyumba ya jirani imevamiwa, mimi nishukuru kwamba hawakuingia kwangu! Bila kukumbuka kwamba hao majambazi watamaliza walichochukua kwa jirani, na watakuja kwako siku moja!!!

Nkanwa,

..asante sana...I think that is the report that was quoted by raia mwema magazine.

..ripoti yenyewe ni fupi and on point unaweza ukaisoma kitandani kabla ya kulala.

NB:

..kuna thread nyingine hapa JF ambayo ina ramani nzuri sana, zililetwa na mwanachama mwenzetu, Kichuguu, zinazoweza kusaidia mjadala huu.

Nkanwa,

..asante sana...I think that is the report that was quoted by raia mwema magazine.

..ripoti yenyewe ni fupi and on point unaweza ukaisoma kitandani kabla ya kulala.

NB:

..kuna thread nyingine hapa JF ambayo ina ramani nzuri sana, zililetwa na mwanachama mwenzetu, Kichuguu, zinazoweza kusaidia mjadala huu.

Sawa Joka kuu. Hii issue ni kama ile ya kuuza stock ya meno ya Tembo. Inabidi mtu utumie science sana ku-convince watu. Lakini ukija na blah blah ndiyo yale ya Doha Mwangunga akaoneka mbabaishaji. Hhii issue ya kupitia serengeti NP, binafsi sioni tatizo lolote. Muhimu plans ziwepo nzuri. Haiwezekani Serengeti ikaendelea kuwa katika ujima miaka yote mpaka mwisho wa Dunia ati kwa sababu ya kulinda muonekano ule ule uliokuwepi miaka 2ml iliyopita?!

Mfano wa kitu hii ni kule Brazil wakati serikali iliwagomea kutokata miti kwa ajili ya kuendeleza kilimo. Miti inafanya carbon squestering vizuri sana na Brazil ile forest ni very dense. Lakini,,,, ukikaa na misitu yako wakati watu wanakufa kwa umaskini, doesn't make sense. Kwanini wenyewe wasipande miti huko kwao au wasisaidie reafforestation maeneo mengi duniani ambayo ni Jangwa! Brazil walikata, wakalima na sasa hivi kwenye kilimo yuko juu Duniani bado miaka michache itakuwa China ya America!

800px-401_Gridlock.jpg

Hivi walisema wanajenga Highway kama hii?

800px-Blick_auf_A_2_bei_Rastst%C3%A4tte_Lehrter_See_%282009%29.jpg

Au kama hii?

Makran2.jpg

Au kama hii? 

489px-Vistadarodoviaimigrantes2.JPG

Kwa nini wasijenge kama hii then

wanyama watastarehe

huko chini pamoja na nguchiro

bila mkwaruzo wowote?

Sasa kabla ya ubishi wa kwenye internet nk hebu tuangalie ni barabara ipi inataka kujengwa? Je, mbona Kenya wanaukelele sana kwenye barabara ambayo iko Tanzania. Pengine wanakula keki ambayo siyo yao, Je, tunawezaje kula keki yetu bila nyamg'au kutuingilia?

Nkanwa,

..I understand you very well.

..nadhani hii issue ni tofauti kidogo na hao wa-Brazil ambao labda walikuwa na uhaba wa ardhi.

..ninachoweza kusema mimi ni kwamba Serengeti tayari inatuingizia fedha, na ina potential ya kutuingizia fedha nyingi zaidi. pia kuna wananchi wengi ambao wanategemea sekta ya utalii. miji kama arusha na musoma inaweza kufaidika zaidi ya mbuga hii kama tutajipanga vizuri zaidi.

..proposal wanayotoa hawa "opponents" naona ni a win-win opportunity kwa wadau wa sekta ya utalii, pamoja na wananchi wa arusha na musoma ambao wamesahaulika kwa kutokuwa na barabara.

Nkanwa,

..I understand you very well.

..nadhani hii issue ni tofauti kidogo na hao wa-Brazil ambao labda walikuwa na uhaba wa ardhi.

..ninachoweza kusema mimi ni kwamba Serengeti tayari inatuingizia fedha, na ina potential ya kutuingizia fedha nyingi zaidi. pia kuna wananchi wengi ambao wanategemea sekta ya utalii. miji kama arusha na musoma inaweza kufaidika zaidi ya mbuga hii kama tutajipanga vizuri zaidi.

..proposal wanayotoa hawa "opponents" naona ni a win-win opportunity kwa wadau wa sekta ya utalii, pamoja na wananchi wa arusha na musoma ambao wamesahaulika kwa kutokuwa na barabara.

No, Amazon forest is home to animals, some of which are highly endemic!. Mimi nimeongelea upande mmoja tu wa global warming. Hao jamaa wanaopinga highway ni wahuni, hawatuamini. Soma post ya Ngoshwe hapo juu. Construction haina uhusiano wowote na migration. ukiweza elewa hii kitu, then maelezo mengine yote yanahitaji utashi wako. wanyama watakuwepo pale pale na migration kama kawa. Wao wanaongelea road kills na vitu kama hivyo. kama ni hivyo mikumi NP ingekuwa imefungwa by now!

[as received]

I TRUELY BELIEVE THE WRITER OF THIS AND THOSE WHO SUPPORT IT - THE MAJORITY NOT TANZANIANS SHOULD GO TO HELL , WE NEED THE ROAD FOR TANZANIAN DEVELOPMENT. ROADS PASSING THROUGH NATIONAL PARKS ARE MANY IN THIS WORLD.

PLEASE LEAVE US TANZANIAN ALONE. ACTIVISM SHOULD BE IN YOUR COUNTRY

Luhanjo and Joe the plumber...

I was born in serengeti and all my parents and relatives still live there... you guys should stop this nonsense of saving Serengeti... if you really really loves it... then you should stop the hypocrite tourists and the so called zological experts who posses a real danger to animals when they visit and disturb their Sanctuaries in the serengeti and other parks...

Why cant you guys explain the dangers of mass tourism (if you really care about mass eradication of wildbeast) and instead chooses to attack the construction of this road...?

Why cant you guys champion the use of technology like the one used by the French government to construct the The Millau Viaduct bridge in France so the animals can pass underneath...?

I am sure the Frankfurt zologocal society knows very well that it is possible to construct road through animal parks and still prevent their existances or mass eradications....

Plus, these KENYANS and people on the INTERNET (in capitals letters) know very well that the shortest route will be for that road to pass through Kenyan territory (if the distance was to be shortened or a factor), so will they offer their part of land for this purposes instead of keeping mumbling on the web and suggesting a route which will take additional 12 hours to pass?

I suggest to all of you guys who critisise this construction to come up with the least possible route which is not long enough in terms of travelling hours instead of proposing and champining the stopage of constructions.

I am sick and fed up to have to pass through Nairobi everytime I visit Sirori Simba, Kenyamonta and Iramba... This tarmac road will save the hussle... to hell with the animals... they will save themselves...the wildbeast are always massively reproduced and they are the sources of food to hyenas, simbas, leopards and to us the people of serengeti who loves kemoros... and if you dont know what that is.. then go and expirience life like the people who are suffering from the lacky of their major Tarmac service...

The zological society can continue to apply their research theories BUT the real practical solutions can be met by examining different technologies...

Finally...you guys should also ask the Arabic man who has his own airport in Roliondo... where were you when he was constructing his airport... Doesnt he massively contributing to the wiping of these animals as well?
I beg to differ and luckily enough, these funds doesnt come from my pocket, and I am not the president... I were.. I should have glued my ear with suoer glue and go ahead with the constructions... take it, swallow or leave it... Stop your nonsense guys... we need the tarmac road now like how the Egptian needs Nile waters...

Nkanwa,

NB:

Jokakuu, please tuelekeze kwenye hiyo thread yenye ramani, ile ya Stop the Serengeti Highway inaonyesha ramani ya barabara planned, barabara recommended as option, lakini haionyeshi 'tawala' ili tujue vijiji, miji, wilaya, majimbo etc vi/yanayohusika! Thans

Hawaongelei roadkills kama main platform. Roadkills ni moja ya athari nyingi. Muhimu ni ecosystem. Na pia, barabara mbadala inakutanisha vijiji vingi zaidi (jamii kuhudumiwa kwa urahisi), kusema kwamba vifo vya wanyama katika Tanzania - Zambia highway pale Mikumi havisababishi park kufungwa si tija - the point is viumbe wanauawa katika ajali ambazo zinaweza kuepukika , ikiwa tu tutakuwa waangalifu.

Unfortunately, si hulka ya wengi kujali visivyo vyao (hata kama ni vyao lakini hawajui kuvithamini). Ukiwaza mbali (vizazi vitatu, vinne vijavyo) na utafakari mandhari itakuwaje unaweza ukapata idea kama ipo haja halisi ya barabara kuu hii kujengwa kwa mpango uliopo sasa, au ni kwa manufaa ya wachache watakaotuachia mashimo na magofu years ahead!

Sababu kubwa watalii wanakuja Serengeti kutaka kuona 'natural wilderness' - zile nyasi, wanyama, and the endless plain. Mara nyingi watalii wanapenda kutembelea mbuga pasipokuwepo watalii wengine pembezoni (the feeling of being alone in the wilderness is priceless). Sasa msururu wa malori, pikipiki, na traffic lights utaharibu mvuto halisia wa mbuga hii na watalii wataacha kuja Serengeti > wataenda Masai Mara Kenya. Pato la Taifa kutokana na utalii huu litapungua na ajira zitakufa. (Zaidi ya trilioni T.Shs 1 billioni zilitengenezwa mwaka 2009, zaidi ya watu 600,000 wanaajiriwa katika sekta hii)

Back
Top Bottom