African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Forever greening on Arabic stuff@7w.or it has been this way mimi ndio Niko nyuma? anyway,fingers crossed this is a sign of good things to come on the English oesn.

Sorry, can not see how to post a new topic, so this is not really about this. But, great to see that this Africa Sat discussion is still alive and well on Jamiiforums, you will see that I posted a lot up to 2014, then moved to Europe, and made only fleeting visits to Kenya. Now back for a good while. I cleaned up my old sat dish and re-adjusted it, Nilesat and Eutelsat 7W seemed to be the best before I left, and they still perform with some useful channels. But my old FTA decoders were playing up, so I went to Luthuli avenue to look for a new one, pref an updated Strong. I was shocked to find that nobody knew what I was talking about, a few places tried to sell me a Terrestial digital decoder, but I could not find a FTA sat decoder, at least not one made in the last few years. I fully realised that internet streaming has displaced a lot of reasons people liked FTA sat stuff, but I am just surprised how things chnage so rapidly. Anyone out there know of where you can get a good, up to date, FTA sat receiver in Nairobi?
Inbox me. You won't go away dissapointed.

Sorry, can not see how to post a new topic, so this is not really about this. But, great to see that this Africa Sat discussion is still alive and well on Jamiiforums, you will see that I posted a lot up to 2014, then moved to Europe, and made only fleeting visits to Kenya. Now back for a good while. I cleaned up my old sat dish and re-adjusted it, Nilesat and Eutelsat 7W seemed to be the best before I left, and they still perform with some useful channels. But my old FTA decoders were playing up, so I went to Luthuli avenue to look for a new one, pref an updated Strong. I was shocked to find that nobody knew what I was talking about, a few places tried to sell me a Terrestial digital decoder, but I could not find a FTA sat decoder, at least not one made in the last few years. I fully realised that internet streaming has displaced a lot of reasons people liked FTA sat stuff, but I am just surprised how things chnage so rapidly. Anyone out there know of where you can get a good, up to date, FTA sat receiver in Nairobi?
Welcome back sir, for enthusiasts its still burning in our hearts.

Welcome back.....

Hello House,
I want this sort of Ku-Band feed horn 👇👇👇. Where can I source it?
Feed horn 1.jpeg
Feed horn 2.jpeg

hello guys, just got starsat sr200hd extreme, failed to put it up to date for it to work properly and enjoy the world of FTA. anyone with a knowledge please share with me, youtube could not help because of language used. can even pm will appreciate.

How effective is this?
I recently acquired a 2.4m Channel master/ Andrews offset & to my dismay, it's not outperforming the 135cm I had to the extent I expected, especially on 4°W; I struggle to lock the HDs TP even with a dish this big. I get the TP but it's not stable. The TP stabilizes though when I join a C-band on offset conical scalar ring to my lnb. I use an Inverto Black Ultra but it's not designed to work on this kind of dish. The Black Ultra's feed horn is too small & certainly doesn't Illuminate the entire surface of the dish. Even though the scalar ring I'm apparently using is not designed for ku-band reception, it still gives me a slight marginal gain. That's where the feed horn I'm looking for becomes handy. I except the gain to be very significant.

hello guys, just got starsat sr200hd extreme, failed to put it up to date for it to work properly and enjoy the world of FTA. anyone with a knowledge please share with me, youtube could not help because of language used. can even pm will appreciate.
Download the latest soft for your STB from the cwdw website. The soft file will be zipped. Extract the file and & have it on a USB flash drive that you'll plug at the back of your STB. Go to the USB directory on your receiver menu, locate the soft file you downloaded, press ok/enter & follow the prompts to update the receiver. The receiver will reboot after update.
After rebooting, connect the receiver to internet (wifi or modem). Should work automatically after a few seconds. If it doesn't, press F1+000 or F+111 on your remote and choose the option that enables the server. I hope this will be helpful

I recently acquired a 2.4m Channel master/ Andrews offset & to my dismay, it's not outperforming the 135cm I had to the extent I expected, especially on 4°W; I struggle to lock the HDs TP even with a dish this big. I get the TP but it's not stable. The TP stabilizes though when I join a C-band on offset conical scalar ring to my lnb. I use an Inverto Black Ultra but it's not designed to work on this kind of dish. The Black Ultra's feed horn is too small & certainly doesn't Illuminate the entire surface of the dish. Even though the scalar ring I'm apparently using is not designed for ku-band reception, it still gives me a slight marginal gain. That's where the feed horn I'm looking for becomes handy. I except the gain to be very significant.
did you buy it with prefabricated lnb arms? The focal length could be set wrong.

your location?

did you buy it with prefabricated lnb arms? The focal length could be set wrong.

your location?
Yes, it was with fabricated LNB arms. My focal length/ point is not optimum. However the LNB arms are adjustable. What's the recommended length for the arms. My location is Kampala.

I have also a channel.master just slightly bigger that 135cm but performs poorly, actually almost like 90cm. I also fabricated it LNb arms but I think something is off.

I have also a channel.master just slightly bigger that 135cm but performs poorly, actually almost like 90cm. I also fabricated it LNb arms but I think something is off.
also some of these dishes currently available are optimised for "Transmit only" that is they are to be used for uplink and are not meant for TVRO or TV Recieve Only.. as most manufacturers (especially from UK and US) often assume people nolonger watch TV through big dishes and their target market remain just broadcasters.

Back
Top Bottom