African Satellite World and Sat Gear

Hope you got it. On my end there's sound but no picture

I didn't even tried it,i had been very busy @ the time the match was taking place! Thanks for your help anyway!!

btw,we in Ethiopia(few degrees north of you[Kenya]) use 3884/R(V?)/27500 or 4054/L(H?)/27500 to track Arabsat 5C @ 20° east.those are the strongest Tps with the highest % of Signal S/Q around here.if you are interested on this Sat for sake of IRIB Channels,too bad that the channels have already left from this Satellite a couple of days ago!

I think it's because of some of our noisy African Brothers!!! :-(

ASAS mates,
This is what came out of that meeting with STRONG Representative, Mr. Emile:
  1. His visit was as a result of the numerous communication he has received from this forum. He wanted to come and study the market in order re-align their strategies to meet the demands of the market. He thanked all for the support and patronizing their products and also those who have been engaging them. He will be in Mombasa from Wednesday to Sunday and would appreciate meeting forum members from that region.
  2. STRONG Technologies do not have a distributor in the Eastern African region. Instead they work with dealers (three in Kenya and one in Tanzania. None in other countries). This explains why not all their products are available in the region. This means the end user has to order what is not available locally either through the dealers, or directly to their distributors in DRC, Ghana, CIV and Nigeria or in Dubai. His market survey had revealed that there exist a huge potential of their products in the region and hence they are rooting for a distributor (was it @Mzonda who had come with the idea of ASAS Sacco? Think about it guys).
  3. Products: currently, what is available in the EA region is SRT 4922, 4950H & 4950M decoders and a single LNB. On the other of their products, they can only be available if they are to get a distributor
  4. Pricing: on affordability of their products, they are working with the dealers on pricing strategies.
  5. Verification of Genuine vs Fake decoders: they will include all their models of their receivers in the verification page on their website Is it GENUINE ? | Strong Technologies. However, one can verify his/her decoder by sending an email with the serial number to: emile@strong-technologies.com
  6. Dishes: the market surveys they have carried have shown that pfs are more popular than the offsets. That's the reason most of the BUDs in stock are pfs. However, he will share his findings with the technical team and see if they can introduce 150/240cm offsets, again based on the demand in the market.
  7. 4922 vs 4950: I obviously could not resist to pop up the question that has ignited a lot of debate in this forum: "kati ya 4922 na 4950 ni gani kali?" (between 4922 and 4950, which is superior/better). He said that these two are excellent decoders with tremendous features and capabilities (of course!). However, much as 4950 was introduced in the market later, "the 4922 is slightly superior to the 4950" (his own words). I believe this settles it now.
  8. He also reported that the 4950M was designed for flat screen TV sets, where you stick it behind the TV and only have the remote sensor stuck on top of the TV. Its size notwithstanding, it's an exact match of 4950H.
  9. Combo receiver: the SRT 4915 is only available in Ghana. This was manufactured particularly for their pay TV services, My TV/Ma Télé (available on Eutelsat 16A at 16E). It's a paired decoder for this reason. However, they are planning to introduce an FTA decoder, SRT 4912, which has the same features as the 4915. He had a sample, which he showed me (he declined to leave it behind but he allowed me to take snaps, which are attached here below). He will share the suggestions that were given here with the technical team on what forum members want included in the decoder. Production and release of this decoder will be tagged on market demand, he said. He is interested in getting the Openbox Combo V8 after many members talked to him about (are you there muzombozi?)
  10. He will make arrangements with colleagues in the office to see if they can be responding to queries raised in the forum directly. Meanwhile he asked me to share these contacts: for sales/marketing: emile@strong-technologies.com, for technical issues: imad@strong-technologies.com
  11. This was his first time in Kenya and he really liked it. He has had a chance to visit the Nairobi National Park and other places. He for the first time saw animals in their natural habitat. He looks forward to enjoy more of what Kenya has to offer (hey, this is not ASAS-related but aren't we all supposed to be ambassadors of our beloved countries?:smiling:).
I have depended majorly on my memory of what transpired. Hence any question/comment is highly welcome and appreciated. The question/comment may provoke me to remember something else that I may not have included above.

Now images of the SRT 4912 COMBO:

View attachment 260572 View attachment 260573 View attachment 260576

Hello Gich, when do we expect this Combo in the mrkt? Am seriously in need of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Gich, when do we expect this Combo in the mrkt? Am seriously in need of it!
sebmjomba, See a message from the sales manager:

The pleasure was mine, and thank you again for your time and effort.

As for today, we still dont have any final word if and when the STRONG combo receiver will be introduced in the Kenyan market. --
Having said that, its important to keep showing the big demand for combo receiver to the importers of our products.

Best regards,

EMILE ABI HANNA

Regional Sales Manager

P.O. Box: 11-5778

Beirut, Lebanon

Phone: +961 4 821128- ext 702

Mobile: +971 50 651 4012

Fax: +961 4 821577

Email:-emile@strong-technologies.com

Sent:-Monday, June 29, 2015 2:31 PM
To:-Emile Abi Hanna

Hi Emile,

I am just touching base to know if there are any updates from the meeting you had in Nairobi and Mombasa.

Thanks

I didn't even tried it,i had been very busy @ the time the match was taking place! Thanks for your help anyway!!

btw,we in Ethiopia(few degrees north of you[Kenya]) use 3884/R(V?)/27500 or 4054/L(H?)/27500 to track Arabsat 5C @ 20° east.those are the strongest Tps with the highest % of Signal S/Q around here.if you are interested on this Sat for sake of IRIB Channels,too bad that the channels have already left from this Satellite a couple of days ago!

I think it's because of some of our noisy African Brothers!!! :-(

U are right thea....IRIB is still alive on badr still we need a BUD to receive it here in the south....have you tried any fridge SATs at your position? Namely Asia sat,Turksat and hot bird... Thnx

citizen on is 902 geting weaker so I had to go for amos 5 tho the prob was Ktn it keeps freezing but thanks to my Tz bros. Viva fta hope it lasts forever or its a test like ting that stayed on w7 then went $ when on this same bird

Gich,
It may take a while to get this combo from strong, as I recall, Mr. Emile confirmed to me that they require an order of over 300pcs to begin production, which they do not have now. Though the older combo is available in Nigeria.
sebmjomba, See a message from the sales manager:

The pleasure was mine, and thank you again for your time and effort.

As for today, we still dont have any final word if and when the STRONG combo receiver will be introduced in the Kenyan market. --
Having said that, its important to keep showing the big demand for combo receiver to the importers of our products.

Best regards,

EMILE ABI HANNA

Regional Sales Manager

P.O. Box: 11-5778

Beirut, Lebanon

Phone: +961 4 821128- ext 702

Mobile: +971 50 651 4012

Fax: +961 4 821577

Email:-emile@strong-technologies.com

Sent:-Monday, June 29, 2015 2:31 PM
To:-Emile Abi Hanna

Hi Emile,

I am just touching base to know if there are any updates from the meeting you had in Nairobi and Mombasa.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom