Do not eat too much

Mahmood

JF-Expert Member
Feb 9, 2008
Allah says: "Eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess." [Quran Surah al-A`raf: 31]-

Some scholars have commented on this verse, saying: Allah has gathered together all of medicine in this verse."-

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "The child of Adam fills no vessel worse than his stomach. Sufficient for the child of Adam are a few morsels to keep his back straight. If he must eat more, then a third should be for his food, a third for his drink, and a third left for air." [Sunan al-Tirmidhi-(2380) and-Musnad Ahmad-(17186) and authenticated by al-Albani in-Sahih al-Jami`]-

No sensible person can be heedless of the negative consequences that overindulgence in food and drink has for our religious and worldly lives.

These consequences go far above and beyond what we have already mentioned. Overeating dulls the intellect and impairs our thought processes. It leads to indolence. It hardens our hearts and inspires our basest passions and desires, giving Satan a chance to take over.-
1450218097407.jpg

Na ndio kunakowafanya wawe shapeless, wengi wanaaamin pesa vinaenda sambamba na unene.

My nature of work requires me to use a lot of energy (i.e Tanzanite mining, and we still do it the old fashioned way). I also do body building as a hobby, to enhance my work and also for defense in these dangerous working conditions.

All this requires me to consume huge amounts of liquids, proteins and carbohydrates. you might think I over indulge when you see me eating But I am lean, muscular and healthy.
Does that still count as a sin according to your religion?

Just wondering aloud.

My nature of work requires me to use a lot of energy (i.e Tanzanite mining, and we still do it the old fashioned way).
I also do body building as a hobby, to enhance my work and also for defense in these dangerous working conditions.
All this requires me to consume huge amounts of liquids, proteins and carbohydrates. you might think I over indulge when you see me eating But I am lean, muscular and healthy.
Just wondering aloud.

Allah says: "Eat and drink, but be not excessive. Indeed, He does not like those who commit excess." [Quran Surah al-A`raf: 31]-

My nature of work requires me to use a lot of energy (i.e Tanzanite mining, and we still do it the old fashioned way).
I also do body building as a hobby, to enhance my work and also for defense in these dangerous working conditions.
Just wondering aloud.

Umeambiwa isizidishe sasa huelewi nini? Kula kutokana na uhitaji wa mwili wako usizidishe utatengeneza sumu

Back
Top Bottom