What's happening to our attitudes...? Have we lost it somewhere?!!

Smiles

JF-Expert Member
Aug 24, 2009
Friends,

Following recent events that have been happening all over our country, nimejikuta nawaza sana - like how did we come to this stage? Its a lot to grasp considering 'ours was supposed to be the most peaceful country' of all. Then I came to realize that kinachotusumbua hasa ni 'attitude'.

Wapendwa it is very important that we understand this thing, coz you might find at other times tuna-respond to issues in a very despicable way and we actually think that we have done right by it, not knowing that our actions might cause unpleasant consequences. And these actions are caused by our attitudes!

I would refer to 'attitude' as an expression - positive or negative towards a person, place, a thing or an event. Or it could even be towards an activity, ideas or environment. Whatever we regard these to be or how we act towards it - that is what would define our attitudes as to be positive or negative.

Now lets all be clear on this.....we cannot really have bad attitudes and expect things to go smoothly, or to have peace within us. And how can we know that a certain attitude is negative or positive? Simple.... when we stop judging things and instead understand things.....that is when we say 'we have refrained from negative attitude to positive'. And actually to be honest; anyone with a bad/negative attitude cannot be other than a simple minded person! One who can not think things through, analyze things or find meaning into things. Sasa why would we want to be such kind of people?

So now what....? do we need to have a 'mizani' to measure people's attitudes to be able to live in the same environment??? Maana imefikia mahali sasa hata majirani tutashindwa kuongea vizuri just because sijui tumetofautiana dini.....na sijui dini hii wapo sensitive kuliko nyingine....and blah blah blah! Tanzania hatukuwa hivi!

There was a time when there was discipline all around, but I dont see that now, and you keep on wondering where are we going to be 20 years from now? Au ndio tutakuwa tumeshachomana moto wote tukamalizana....?

We need to change our attitudes. We need to start thinking instead or assuming, we need to be reasonable and learn to work/interact with eachother, find solutions....things like these and we will have re-built our nation.
And with this I so much appreciate what the founders of this forum are doing. Reaching out to people in this manner and I believe that slowly we will get there.... So keep up the good work guys!!

Education is the key kwa haya yote.
Kwa maneno ya Socrates, "uovu ni matokeo ya ujinga".

Attitude "A complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways"
Latitude "Scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction" As per WordWeb Dic.

Smiles napenda kukufahamisha kuwa kwa mtazamo wangu me naona Watanzania wengi tuna tatizo la kutafsiri attitude kuwa latitude. Hatuna limits katika kufanya mambo yetu na sasa tunashuhudia extremism katika maisha yetu ya kila siku. Some of Bongo Politicians wamefaidika, wanafaidika ila soon watalipa gharama za kulea, kukuza mambo haya. Hizi vurugu Mungu apishie mbali sio salama kwetu sote.

Kinachotakiwa kufanyika sasa hivi pamoja na matamko yanayotolewa na Vingozi wa Kiroho/Madhehebu mbali mbali tunatakiwa kupata Viongozi wenye maadili ya Kiroho kutu - unify kwa kuhubiri kwa dhati Religious tolerance. Najua kwa kiasi kikubwa Xtians wamekuwa wakifanya hili, busara inanituma Moslemz nao wawe engaged. Vinginevyo hatuna muda mrefu tutaaanza kupeana kichapo halafu baada ya maafa na uharibifu mkubwa ndo tutafikiri kukaa meza moja ili kuondoa tofauti zetu.

Education is the key kwa haya yote.
Kwa maneno ya Socrates, "uovu ni matokeo ya ujinga".

Nakubaliana na wewe kabisa!

Attitude "A complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways"
Latitude "Scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction" As per WordWeb Dic.

Smiles napenda kukufahamisha kuwa kwa mtazamo wangu me naona Watanzania wengi tuna tatizo la kutafsiri attitude kuwa latitude. Hatuna limits katika kufanya mambo yetu na sasa tunashuhudia extremism katika maisha yetu ya kila siku. Some of Bongo Politicians wamefaidika, wanafaidika ila soon watalipa gharama za kulea, kukuza mambo haya. Hizi vurugu Mungu apishie mbali sio salama kwetu sote.

Kinachotakiwa kufanyika sasa hivi pamoja na matamko yanayotolewa na Vingozi wa Kiroho/Madhehebu mbali mbali tunatakiwa kupata Viongozi wenye maadili ya Kiroho kutu - unify kwa kuhubiri kwa dhati Religious tolerance. Najua kwa kiasi kikubwa Xtians wamekuwa wakifanya hili, busara inanituma Moslemz nao wawe engaged. Vinginevyo hatuna muda mrefu tutaaanza kupeana kichapo halafu baada ya maafa na uharibifu mkubwa ndo tutafikiri kukaa meza moja ili kuondoa tofauti zetu.

Ukweli ni kwamba huo muda umeshafika.....na hatuna a brave government enough to protect us!
Naogopa hata kuvuta picha ya miaka kadhaa mbele maana sina uhakika na sura itakayokuwepo kipindi hicho

WE CAN NOT ALL DO GREATER THINGS BUT ALL WE CAN DO small THINGS WITH GREATER LOVE.
Mother Theresa.

You have a point.GOOD!