Useful run commands

BATCH FILES:

Back then in college i used to use this trick. When i really needed to run several of my applications over weekends in series in automated manner, i used to set one batch file which will instruct all of them to be executed, without demanding my attention.

Batch files are basically, text files consiting of bunch of commands, which in most cases are executed in series, line by line. Therefore, to make a batch file is easily done (QED), by opening text files and type in it your desired commands, then make other necessities to complete a task succesful, which include saving the batch file in proper place in your drive or memory, so that the executable may be called from the batch file. Then, you will need to start command prompt and call your batch file from there...and there you are!

.BAT is the common extension, but depending on the Environment other extensions like .CMD and .BTM might ply.

Mazee, anything to add on this?

Lengo la forum hii ya Science & Technology ni kutoa uwanja kwa watu kufahamishana mambo mbali mbali ya Science & Technology.

Kama kitu hakionekani useful kwako, kinaweza kikawa useful kwa mtu mwingine.

Sio jambo la busara kuwambia muuza viatu "Viatu vyako ni vibaya sana!". Kama havijakuvutia si lazima ununue.

Kama post ya mtu haijakuvutia, siyo jambo la busara kuikashifu kwa maneno ya kejeli. Hiyo inavunja moyo na kupoteza lengo la post.

Kama thread hii naona imepoteza lengo, na badala yake imegeuka kama ukumbi wa kutupiana maneno. Sidhani kama hili ni lengo la Science and Technology Forum

Ok mazee tunaendela kujenga:

To get the information about basic commands vailable under cmd; proceed as follows:

1. 'Start' option
2. 'Run'
3. 'cmd'
4. 'prompt cmd'
5. 'help'

A list of common and most basic commands will appear.

NB: For Windows 2000, XP,Vista, Server 2003 and Server 2008
aah wewe sikuamini....hizi command nilikuwa nazijaribu kimya kimya baada ya watalaam nyie kuziweka......unajua wangapi wamtumia command yako na wamefuta mafile yao?

aah wewe sikuamini....hizi command nilikuwa nazijaribu kimya kimya baada ya watalaam nyie kuziweka......unajua wangapi wamtumia command yako na wamefuta mafile yao?

Huu sio uwanja wa komedi mazee. Kama huna la kuongezea kula kona kimyakimya inaruhusiwa mazee.

Lengo la forum hii ya Science & Technology ni kutoa uwanja kwa watu kufahamishana mambo mbali mbali ya Science & Technology.

Kama kitu hakionekani useful kwako, kinaweza kikawa useful kwa mtu mwingine.

Sio jambo la busara kuwambia muuza viatu "Viatu vyako ni vibaya sana!". Kama havijakuvutia si lazima ununue.

Kama post ya mtu haijakuvutia, siyo jambo la busara kuikashifu kwa maneno ya kejeli. Hiyo inavunja moyo na kupoteza lengo la post.

Kama thread hii naona imepoteza lengo, na badala yake imegeuka kama ukumbi wa kutupiana maneno. Sidhani kama hili ni lengo la Science and Technology Forum

Mie nafaidika nayo tupishe utakuja kwenye zingine...ni mtizamo tu boss.

Hizo command ni nzuri wanaojua raha ya command watazipenda

Sasa wakuu toeni kali za nguvu za kutatua matatizo

*** We ar all here to argue ***

Now what did i mean by that?
Simply is that we all know different things in different levels, Someone may say something that another person knows something different about it, and the only way to educate one another is to argue.

*** Remember : u maybe wrong ***

I know this forum for sometimes, i'm normally online all the time browsing from one corner to another, but leaving the other topics i'm like 90% active on technology, why is that?

well because i get a chance to learn alot and transfer my knowledge well to others, some of them my be correcting others or being corrected.
*** I don't mind getting corrected for something i missed as long as the other party knows exactly what i missed ***

But i happened to understood that there ar few who don't like being corrected, thats a normal thing...

There are few who ar afraid to take chances and trust the ones who ar helping them maybe by giving them programms or scripts... *** thats also normall ***

There are few who likes to express there feelings on certain posts... ***thats also normall***

In a field of technology we try new things,
we trust people whom we never mate *** caring not for what he/she can do, but for what you can learn from him/her *** ,
we test everything we find on our way no matter what it does to us *** atleast u'll know when it do somethin ***
we ar curious people,
we like interesting things *** as long as we never knew it ***
we ar much more than just words *** so if i try to explain much i may never finish ***

*** Only one thing you must consider, NO FEAR, if you have fear u won't be able to do any of the above ***

If someone posted something, he's not an ediot maybe he found it interesting to share with other or he/she may think some ppl may need it.

Now if you wish to reply to a certain post and tell them how stupid or useless he's post is.

*** thats fine but make sure to put down some facts why ***

A community is compose of negative and positive people, They ar both usefull, positive people to tell you how good ur post was or how it helped them and negative people to challenge you and make you think more and understand more of what you posted.

cheers :)

How can you choose a list of files of certain extension (s) without going through the folder manually
This is how it is done guys.

Study the example below. The text is contained in a cmd file. It is easy and painless.

dir /b /s *.docx *.txt > file_list.txt
By running the cmd file, the following will happen:

1. A text file 'file_list.txt' will be created.
2. All filenames with extensions 'docx' and 'txt' will be written in this text file.

This is a beauty of knowledge in DOS Commands.

Back
Top Bottom