Tanzania haijawa tayari kujiunga EAC

Hana lolote huyo anabwabwaja tu, alifanya nini alipokuwa waziri mkuu kama sio kujinufaisha binafsi yeye mwenyewe. Anyamaze tu aendelee kula pesa za walipa kodi kabla sheria ya mafao ya hawa Mafisadi waliopita haijarekebishwa.

Our lack of confidence and fear to compete will always Tanzania down!

Who told you we lack confidence and fear of competing?? By the way it has been a while since I last saw you how have you been dude. If we lack confidence and we have fear, we couldn't have been doing better in statistics in East Africa (just read the statistics). Check your facts carefully before accusing us we are not fearing the EAC but we want an EAC that we benefit and not otherwise as simple as that.

Ahsante mzee kwa kukubali baada ya miaka hamsini utawala wa ccm hatuna ubavu wa kushinda kiuchumi na nchi za Afrika mashariki ikiwemo Burundi,Rwanda Uganda. Aibu tupu kwa nchi ilojaliwa rasilimali zote.

Our lack of confidence and fear to compete will always let Tanzania down!
Say that your lack of confidence and fear to compete will always let you down. Your bad attitude does not me to all. Do you mean PhD holder from Kenya is more competent than that from Tanzania? Please do just little research to find out this rather than using street words.

Who told you we lack confidence and fear of competing?? By the way it has been a while since I last saw you how have you been dude. If we lack confidence and we have fear, we could have been doing better in statistics in East Africa. Check your facts carefully before accusing us we are not fearing the EAC but we want an EAC that we benefit and not otherwise as simple as that.

I've been doing just fine. Thanks for asking.
Remember we got independence from Great Britain before Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Uganda is a country that has been in turmoil since the Idd Amin days and later during the 1980's.
Rwanda and Burundi had been experiencing civil strife for so long. Kenya has been relatively quiet and doing just fine. Tanzania has been at peace since independence and never experience any civil/political unrest up to this day.
So if not ready now, then WHEN????????????????
Why are we dragging our feet in joining EAC common market?
As I said earlier, I believe due to the legacy of Ujamaa, most of my fellow Tanzanians lack confidence esp. when it comes to compete with our neighbors

Remember we got independence from Great Britain before Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Uganda is a country that has been in turmoil since the Idd Amin days and later during the 1980's.
Rwanda and Burundi had been experiencing civil strife for so long. Kenya has been relatively quiet and doing just fine. Tanzania has been at peace since independence and never experience any civil/political unrest up to this day.
As I said earlier, I believe due to the legacy of Ujamaa, most of my fellow Tanzanians lack confidence esp. when it comes to compete with our neighbors

Indeed I do concur with some of the things you have said particularly the effects of Ujamaa and the fact that we were the first country to be independent in the East Africa. However, may I remind you that the age of Nyerereism is now gone this is the age of younger generation (dot com) like January, Zitto and others and that the patriotism that was there initially is now gone. We are not going to support an EAC similar to the one that was there before which was built under the umbrella of patriotism (uafrika).

I am not saying that we shouldn't join EAC but rather we should join an EAC that is beneficial to our people (Tanzanians). Areas such as education, some parts of movement of labour, investments particularly FDI, Tourism, Agriculture but not land acquisition, diplomacy, defence we can join in EAC. Matters like mining, land ownership, trade particularly trade in manufacturing should be protected to protect jobs of Tanzanians. Further, mining is a sector that is growing fast and continue to contribute alot to our economy it should be harnessed to protect the growth of our economy. Further, the currency should be protected to ensure we do not harm our manufacturing sector.

Failure to do so it is pointless to join the EAC.

Have you thought about the impacts of Idd Amin regime from Uganda, long civil strife in Burundi, Rwanda and DRC and the collapse of the 1st EAC to Tanzania? Apart from what you think as factors dragging us back economically, you should know that we not so isolated or in other language we are not an island.

Indeed I do concur with some of the things you have said particularly the effects of Ujamaa and the fact that we were the first country to be independent in the East Africa. However, may I remind you that the age of Nyerereism is now gone this is the age of younger generation (dot com) like January, Zitto and others and that the patriotism that was there initially is now gone. We are not going to support an EAC similar to the one that was there before which was built under the umbrella of patriotism (uafrika).

I am not saying that we shouldn't join EAC but rather we should join an EAC that is beneficial to our people (Tanzanians). Areas such as education, some parts of movement of labour, investments particularly FDI, Tourism, Agriculture but not land acquisition, diplomacy, defence we can join in EAC. Matters like mining, land ownership, trade particularly trade in manufacturing should be protected to protect jobs of Tanzanians. Further, mining is a sector that is growing fast and continue to contribute alot to our economy it should be harnessed to protect the growth of our economy. Further, the currency should be protected to ensure we do not harm our manufacturing sector.

Failure to do so it is pointless to join the EAC.

I do agree with you on the fact that Tanzanians must be protected in some of the issues you have mentioned above. No question about that.
On the issue of land, do you think what needs be done to develop the vast arable farmland that is just idle while wananchi are facing hunger and poverty? Would you rather have someone even from another country to start large scale commercial farming for the benefit of the local community and the country in general or just let that land remain a home to the hyenas?

Have you thought about the impacts of Idd Amin regime from Uganda, long civil strife in Burundi, Rwanda and DRC and the collapse of the 1st EAC to Tanzania? Apart from what you think as factors dragging us back economically, you should know that we not so isolated or in other language we are not an island.

Let's not let our negative past poison our bright future. I know the collapse of EAC in 1977 was so painful to Tanzania. We need to explore all the positives of joining the EAC and seize the opportunities offered

I do agree with you on the fact that Tanzanians must be protected in some of the issues you have mentioned above. No question about that.
On the issue of land, do you think what needs be done to develop the vast arable farmland that is just idle while wananchi are facing hunger and poverty? Would you rather have someone even from another country to start large scale commercial farming for the benefit of the local community and the country in general or just let that land remain a home to the hyenas?

At the moment no one in Tanzania owns the land, we are just leasing it for our own purpose. The land in Tanzania is under custodian of the President of the United Republic of Tanzania thanks to our father of the nation President Julius Nyerere. In Uganda and Kenya , a bunch of wealthy individuals owns the land indefinetly and once acquired cannot be returned to the government (in Tanzania it is the other way round the government can recover the land it has lease if it is a matter of national interest (refer to the land act of 1999)). The purpose of this is to protect Tanzanians from a bunch of hyenas who want to accumulate a large amount of land.

By uniting with EAC we are going to loose this defence and land will be acquired by the few wealthy individuals who will be transformed into landlords just like Kenya and Uganda. This will eventually lead to high land prices and trigger a scramble for space.

What the government is doing now I support it 100% leasing the land to foreign investors like Americans, Middle East and Malaysians. Similarly Kenyans, and Ugandans they should also compete for a land if they want to have a piece of it and the highest bidder will be given the land. This will help us to raise more revenue, develop wisely our land and offer employment to our felllow Tanzanians. Rather than offer a free land to a bunch of wealthy individuals from our neighbours who will accumulate them and alienate the natives in their own country. That view I do not agree with it at all and that is why this part of EAC I beg to differ because it is going to leave majority of Tanzanians poor.

At the moment no one in Tanzania owns the land, we are just leasing it for our own purpose. The land in Tanzania is under custodian of the President of the United Republic of Tanzania thanks to our father of the nation President Julius Nyerere. In Uganda and Kenya , a bunch of wealthy individuals owns the land indefinetly and once acquired cannot be returned to the government (in Tanzania it is the other way round the government can recover the land it has lease if it is a matter of national interest (refer to the land act of 1999)). The purpose of this is to protect Tanzanians from a bunch of hyenas who want to accumulate a large amount of land.

By uniting with EAC we are going to loose this defence and land will be acquired by the few wealthy individuals who will be transformed into landlords just like Kenya and Uganda. This will eventually lead to high land prices and trigger a scramble for space.

What the government is doing now I support it 100% leasing the land to foreign investors like Americans, Middle East and Malaysians. Similarly Kenyans, and Ugandans they should also compete for a land if they want to have a piece of it and the highest bidder will be given the land. This will help us to raise more revenue, develop wisely our land and offer employment to our felllow Tanzanians. Rather than offer a free land to a bunch of wealthy individuals from our neighbours will accumulate and alienate the natives in their own country that view I do not agree with it at all.

I'm not after the idea of selling the land to the aliens, but rather leasing it for investors who plan to carry out large scale commercial farming. The tough question would be about the duration of the lease....10, 20, 99 or 500 years?
If we have been able to lease our gold minning sites in Geita and Shinyanga, (I'm not sure for how long) then why not farmland?

I'm not after the idea of selling the land to the aliens, but rather leasing it for investors who plan to carry out large scale commercial farming. The tough question would be about the duration of the lease....10, 20, 99 or 500 years?
If we have been able to lease our gold minning sites in Geita and Shinyanga, (I'm not sure for how long) then why not farmland?

Raj,

The problem is that in Uganda and Kenya a bunch of wealthy hyenas own the land indefinetly while in Tanzania land is under the custodian of the president we are only leasing it for 99 years or 999 years if I am not mistaken. When we unite into the federation those guys want land to be free from custodian and individuals should be allowed to own land indefinetly. There is were we start to differ lad because when we remove this custodianship we have offer a land for sale to a bunch of wealthy hyenas who will eventually later lease to poor tanzanians or develop them for themselves. This is dangerous and may leaves us poor in our own land.

Leasing the land to wealth individuals for development such as commercial farming or mining i have no problem with that as long as it is in the best interest of Tanzanians.

Sasa kama yeye alikaribishwa kwenye mahafali ya f4 ndo kaitwa kuzungumzia hayo maswala?

...................Nimewai kusema na nitaendelea kusema,TANZANIA bado sana kuingia kwenye hizi jumuiya....Ni kweli kuwa ni udhaifu mkubwa sana kuogopa kuingia katika soko la EAC....lakini tunapaswa kujiuliza kwanini watanzania wanaogopa? Maana mtu hawezi kuogopa kama anaoujasiri na ujasiri ujengwa....Mfano;Mtoto mdogo anakuwa na ujasiri anapokuwa na baba au mama yake na akiwa na imani kuwa baba au mama yake wanao uwezo wa kumlinda....Hii ni tofauti na serikali yetu,tunaambiwa kuwa watanzania tusiogope,sawa nakubaliana na kauli hii...lakini je? Tumeandaliwa mazingira ya sisi kusimama? Hakuna umeme,mafuta,na sasa LUKU,uwizi ni mkubwa sana..Katika mazingira ambayo hakuna umeme au mafuta unategemea tuzalishe nini? kama sio unataka kuwabebesha watanzania wachovu lawama kuwa ni wavivu.....Katika hali hii tulitegemea kuwa serikali yetu iwe na kazi ya kutengeneza mazingira mazuri ya kuzalisha....badala yake,serikali yetu ndio imekuwa championi wa kutengeneza mazingira mabaya ya uzalishaji.....kwa hali hii naungana na Mzee Msuya kwa asilimia 99...........

Hatuwezi kuwa tayari kujiunga na jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki chini ya viongozi hohehahe kama hawa wa sisiem wanafikiria matumbo yao tu na kutokujali maslahi ya nchi, tunauzwa, tutauzwa mchana kweupeeeeeeeeee

Back
Top Bottom