Stars Remake 'We Are the World' for Haiti

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 - 1:10 PM

Eighty stars came together last night to remake "We Are the World" to support relief efforts in Haiti. Organized by Wyclef Jean, the remake is being co-produced by Will.I.Am, Ricky Minor and RedOne and features the voices of Jordin Sparks, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, Jaime Foxx, Tyrese, Toni Braxton, Usher, Busta Rhymes, Faith Evans, Trey Songz, Gladys Knight, Mya, Snoop Dogg, Nicole Richie, T-Pain and then some.

For the music video, Wyclef and organizers went high tech, shooting it in 3-D. According to MTV, the clip will offer a feature to internet users, allowing them to "insert themselves into the finished product as avatars that can interact with the musicians."

96342653.jpg

Songbirds

Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks take a break from recording ’We Are the World 25 Years for Haiti" at Jim Henson Studios in Hollywood on February 1.

96343319.jpg

The Rapper and The Icon

LL Cool J and producer Quincy Jones rehearse during the recording session.

96342845.jpg

Talented Trio

Busta Rhymes, Jamie Foxx and will.i.am share a mic at the ‘We Are the World 25 Years for Haiti' recording session.

96342781.jpg

Group Shot

Gladys Knight gets love from by T-Pain, Jennifer Hudson, Toni Braxton and Jordin Sparks at the ‘We Are the World 25 Years for Haiti' recording session.

96343205.jpg

All For the Cause

Jermaine Jackson, T-Pain, Lionel Richie, Jimmy Jean Louis and Patti Austin pose for the cameras during the recording session

96342767.jpg

The Next Generation

Nicole Scherzinger, Tyrese Gibson and Brandy attend the ‘We Are the World 25 Years for Haiti' recording session.

96342757.jpg

Talented Two

Brandy poses with Keri Hilson at the ‘We Are The World 25 Years for Haiti' recording session.

96342850.jpg

Brother-to-Brother

will.i.am. gets a supportive hug from Akon during recording.

96342760.jpg

All Together Now

Celine Dion, Gladys Knight, Justin Bieber, Usher, will.i.am, Barbra Streisand, LL Cool J, Harry Connick Jr., Wyclef Jean, Vince Vaughn, Jeff Bridges and others sing in unison.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0[/ame]

96344500.jpg

We Are One

Singers and producers of ‘We Are the World 25 Years for Haiti' pose for a group shot following the historic recording session.

Back
Top Bottom