So far, only Prime Minister Mizengo Pinda has publicly disclosed his earnings and assets:

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010
Dar es Salaam - African Intel.

So far, only Prime Minister Mizengo Pinda has publicly disclosed his earnings and assets, but President Jakaya Kikwete has just inadvertently lifted the veil a little. During two election hustings in Mbeya and Lolindo at the end of September, he preached to Masai nomadic livestock breeders, advising them to practice, as he does, modern livestock farming methods. In doing so, he revealed that he owned a 600 hectare ranch with 400 heads of cattle, growing grass to feed them and had had a number of water holes dug.

It makes no sense to publicise your earnings as it has been a joke. People do it for the sake. On side 2,there is no any breach of constitution by not doing that. Our laws are contradictory.

Colleagues,

This is grave violence and breach of laws by our leaders. They purposely neglect to abide to the code of conduct knowing that at the end of their leadership they will have earned a lot. Citizens/elites/voters have seen this kind of behavior but do not want to make their leaders responsible. I do not see the future of Tanzania if we allow this kind of situation to continue. Accumulation of unimaginable wealth by our leaders is a threat to peace and our nation's prosperity. Please let’s take action now by telling citizens of what is happening. I believe many Tanzanians are not aware of this negligence.

It makes no sense to publicise your earnings as it has been a joke. People do it for the sake. On side 2,there is no any breach of constitution by not doing that. Our laws are contradictory.

Gsana,

Is there any way forward or should we remain with contradictory laws and leaders take advantage of it/ them?

Here in US you have if not they won't let you represent your constituency; I believe in bongo it must be approved by the parliament to become a law of the land. Now we are talking about new constitution will be the right place to be added before 2015 Elections.

Usanii mtupu, mbona ile nyumba ya pugu hakuitaja mpaka mabomu yalipo ifichua? Pinda nae kapinda tu sawasawa na wezi wengine, tena mi ananiudhi coz ni mnafiki wa kutupwa, usipokuwa makini utamsikiliza afu mwisho wa siku unabaki mwenyewe.

Back
Top Bottom