Resignation: It Is not A sign Of Weakness, It is Maturity!

Apr 27, 2006
- Resignation is a formal act of giving up or quitting one's office position, after failing to own up to the office's responsibilities as expected by those who trusted him and put him/her in that office. Who would you have a greater respect for?

1. A person who takes responsibility for his/her actions, owns up to it by resigning and promises to do better in the future, or

2. A person who perpetually denies any involvement in situations when it is obvious that they are responsible 100%?

William @ NYC, USA.

Richard Nixon's resignation
August 8, 1974

37_rmn.jpg

President Richard M. Nixon​
Good evening.

1. This is the 37th time I have spoken to you from this office, where so many decisions have been made that shaped the history of this Nation. Each time I have done so to discuss with you some matter than I believe affected the national interest.
Count.cgi

2. In all the decisions I have made in my public life, I have always tried to do what was best for the Nation to make every possible effort to complete the term of office to which you elected me.

3. But the interest of the Nation must always come before any personal considerations.

4. I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is abhorrent to every instinct in my body. But as President, I must put the interest of America first. America needs a full-time President and a full-time Congress, particularly at this time with problems we face at home and abroad.

William @ NYC, USA.

Well said. So put it into the context of TZ!

Who do you think will be players of your act?!

RESIGNATION as Malecele sums it up therre, is a sign of MATURITY. I agree with him! When things goes off hand for you to handle it's wiser you to let go.

I think, the bad animals of the Gongo la Mboto issue Must resign ASAP.

The nation needs our leaders to be responsible,
The nation does not expect our leaders to be irresponsible,
If the nation observes our leaders proved irresponsible...they MUST be accountable for a resignation.
With the recently bombing exposions...our leaders MUST resign.

To own up you need to know where you got it wrong in the first place. When you have a defence minister who has never held any senior position in the army before his appointment how do you expect him to understand anything about storing live ammunitation in the first place. He hasn't done anything wrong in his eyes and mine to be honest it's just that we have the wrong man for the job in the first place.

Next we have a minister who is supposed to supervise and advice the government on how they should act within the constitution and land laws, yet herself is clueless on the field and never been in the circle of lawyers until her appointment in that senior position; only in Tanzania. Halafu tunaulizana mbona matatizo yetu hayaishi.

Kaazi kweli kweli.

3. But the interest of the Nation must always come before any personal considerations.

My take:
To me it is high time the president should take action for the interest of all wananchi.

Agreed...Mzee Mwinyi resigned immediately after prisoners died somewhere in the country ( can't remember which region )

That was accountability ! He could have easily sacked mkuu wa prisoners and stay put, but he had a conscious(sp) to go..he never doubted one second what needs to be done

Mzee Mwinyi years later got the highest job in TZ, going down memory lane, people always reffered to his resignation as a noble deed

Mwinyi junior should pick a leaf at mzee Mwinyi's book of wisdom, this is a second time it had happened...

Am ending this note by saying we missed you WJ on this forum...where art thou?

Mhandisi

Agreed...Mzee Mwinyi resigned immediately after prisoners died somewhere in the country ( can't remember which region )

That was accountability ! He could have easily sacked mkuu wa prisoners and stay put, but he had a conscious(sp) to go..he never doubted one second what needs to be done

Mzee Mwinyi years later got the highest job in TZ, going down memory lane, people always reffered to his resignation as a noble deed

Mwinyi junior should pick a leaf at mzee Mwinyi's book of wisdom, this is a second time it had happened...

Mhandisi

Mwinyi resigned in Shinyanga after allegations of witch-crafting among civilians at that region ..... together Mwinyi alijiuzulu na Augustine Lyatonga Mrema kama afisa usalama katika wizara ya mambo ya ndani ya nchi wakati huo (na pia alikua usalama wa taifa) .... baadae mrema alikuja kuwa waziri wa mambo ya ndani ya nchi .... na pia alipewa cheo cha kufoji au kilemba cha ukoka Naibu waziri mkuu .... pia sasa ni Mbunge wa kuchaguliwa wa jimbo la vunjo ......

uwajibikaji pia ni kupisha nafasi wachunguzi watumie fursa sahihi kuchunguza ofisi yako mbayo wewe ndiyo unaetuhumiwa ... lakini mtu amesoma mpaka ameweza kuwa nataaluma ya udactari wa tiba bado haelewi uwajibikaji..? huu ni ubishi tu wa kutokukubali makosa

The problem is e don't have leaders we have rulers. A leader not only thinks about the present but also the future but a ruler only thinks of today. A leader is conscious about what their legacy will be after they are gone but a ruler is only concerned with the power they currently hold. A leader sees himself as a servant of the people but a ruler sees himself as the master of the people.

So mkuu don't expect that these rulers will ever be accountable to anything. Why should they be while they think the positions they hold is a God given right? Why should they step down while they feel that they are the only ones who can hold those offices? You are asking them to do what is against their very nature.

German public and politicians stunned by president's resignation

http://www.dw-world.de/popups/popup_lupe/0,,5635018,00.htmlGerman President Horst Koehler stunned the public by suddenly stepping down amid an ongoing controversy over comments he made about Afghanistan. He is the first German president to resign without notice.

In a move that took just about everybody by surprise, German President Horst Koehler stepped down on Monday, citing comments he made about Afghanistan, which he said had been misconstrued.
A visibly emotional Koehler, with his wife at his side, resigned in a televised press conference, saying: "I am resigning my post as federal president with immediate effect."
"It was an honor for me to serve Germany as president," he said. "I thank the many people in Germany who have put their trust in me and supported my work. I ask for you to understand my decision."
0,,5634975_1,00.jpg
Bildunterschrift: His wife Eva Luise was by his side during the announcement
German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said he "deeply regretted" Mr. Koehler's decision and had tried to change his mind, but the president "decided otherwise."

William @ NYC, USA.

william... this is the best post of 2011

I hope wanakusoma wahusika

Thank you very much and keep up this platinum thoughts

Thanks W.J. Malecela

This is a nice food for brain!

A resignation is a grave act; never performed by a right minded man without forethought or with reserve. -Salmon P. Chase

- Resignation is a formal act of giving up or quitting one's office position, after failing to own up to the office's responsibilities as expected by those who trusted him and put him/her in that office. Who would you have a greater respect for?

1. A person who takes responsibility for his/her actions, owns up to it by resigning and promises to do better in the future, or

2. A person who perpetually denies any involvement in situations when it is obvious that they are responsible 100%?

William @ NYC, USA.

Resignation kwa bongo ni kukosa ulaji mwingi sana!Hilo linaleta utofauti kidogo...Especially pale ambapo wako guaranteed kuwa hakuna accountability....Mwalimu alikuwa akiwahamisha wizara,sasa hivi ni tume inaundwa tu na haendi mtu mahali!
Hata hivyo good try,you have shown a good spirit,hata hivyo bado sana kwetu wabongo,mpaka mfano utokee kwanza na wananchi wajue kuwa these things are actually possible.

Mhandisi

Not now, not now!! He knows well that the party is disintergrating, and competition is at break-neck!! He won't resign, I tell you. Today, being a Minister in Tanzania means money, not responsibility!! Mtasubiri sana!

Back
Top Bottom