Raila/CORD Aliiance launch 2013 Presidential bid with 10 point manifesto

Nimekuwa najiuliza kwanini Jubilee kila wakati wanakuwa wa pili kufanya mambo yao baada ya CORD kuanza,kwanza walikuwa ni CORD pale Uhuru kuonyesha viongozi wakuu wa huo muungano,baadaye ndio wakaja Jubilee pale Kasarani,haya ikawa kufanya uteuzi wa wagombea wa hiyo muungano kama kawaida CORD wakafanya siku iliyotakiwa lakini Jubilee wakafanya siku ya pili,basi na sasa manifesto CORD ni wa kwanza lakini Jubilee na miungano mingine bado,je hii bahati mbaya au ni mikakati ya kisiasa?mimi naona hao ambao wanagoja CORD aonyeshe njia hawafai kuongoza ,kwani kiongozi huwa wa kwanza kuwa frontline hata kama kuna jambo lolote hatarishi,na wakati wote mtu asie muoga ndio hufanikiwa na ndie huwa kiongozi bora kwani huonyesha njia hata kama hiyo njia ni ya hatari iliyojaa mambo ya hatari.

Da kwa kuangalia jamani CORD wamekomaa zaidi kisiasa hasa safu yao ya uongozi ukilinganisha na wapinzani wao wakuu Jubilee,jana niliwasikiliza Wetangula na Kalonzo wakizungumzia hiyo ilani ya CORD hakika nilipenda,waliongelea kwa ufasaha zaidi na naamini hata Raila hawezi kuwa dictate hawa jamaa wawili yaani Weta na Kalonzo.Pia Kalonzo amekuwa akitoa hotuba ambazo kweli zinaonyesha yeye ni mwanadiplomasia nguli aliyekomaa,hata jana akizungumzia ilani na utaifa alitia fora,naamini Raila atakuwa mwaminifu kwa ahadi alizotoa kwa hawa jamaa wawili (asije kuwa kigeugeu kama Mwai)naamini akishinda uchaguzi na akakaa vizuri na kuwaheshimu hawa vinara wenzake watafanya makubwa kwa Kenya,hawa jamaa wawili angalau wana uungwana fulani tofauti na wale wa upande wa pili.Kila la kheri CORD katika safari yenu !

Raila ndiye Rais mtarajiwa wa Kenya, wakenya watakuwa na bahati sana kumpata Raila.......huyu atakuwa ndiye Raisi wa kwanza nchini kenya kwa uongozi mzuri, Wakenya msifanya makosa. Mungu awatangulieni kufanya maamuzi mazuri.

Pia yule kijana JK alikuwa MC mzuri kuliko Namwamba,Namwamba alizidi kwa nukuu,alinikera nilipenda JK alivyofanya presentation yake ! naona JK ni kati ya vijana wa kuwaangalia huko mbele,kijana ana hakika na anajua anachokifanya,ningekuwa na uwezo ningemwambia JK njoo TZ tutengeneze pesa teh teh

Kweli CORD coalition wametulia zaidi katika kuipeleka Kenya mbele. Tatizo la uchaguzi wa Kenya unaongozwa na ukabila na pesa badala ya hoja.

Kama kura zikiwa kipindi hiki Jubilee wako 47% wao CORD 40% kwenye moja ya sample ya watu 1700 hivi ktk moja ya mtandao wa kijamii

Kama kura zikiwa kipindi hiki Jubilee wako 47% wao CORD 40% kwenye moja ya sample ya watu 1700 hivi ktk moja ya mtandao wa kijamii

Nadhani unasema hii hapa...wanaitwa Octopus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimekuwa najiuliza kwanini Jubilee kila wakati wanakuwa wa pili kufanya mambo yao baada ya CORD kuanza,kwanza walikuwa ni CORD pale Uhuru kuonyesha viongozi wakuu wa huo muungano,baadaye ndio wakaja Jubilee pale Kasarani,haya ikawa kufanya uteuzi wa wagombea wa hiyo muungano kama kawaida CORD wakafanya siku iliyotakiwa lakini Jubilee wakafanya siku ya pili,basi na sasa manifesto CORD ni wa kwanza lakini Jubilee na miungano mingine bado,je hii bahati mbaya au ni mikakati ya kisiasa?mimi naona hao ambao wanagoja CORD aonyeshe njia hawafai kuongoza ,kwani kiongozi huwa wa kwanza kuwa frontline hata kama kuna jambo lolote hatarishi,na wakati wote mtu asie muoga ndio hufanikiwa na ndie huwa kiongozi bora kwani huonyesha njia hata kama hiyo njia ni ya hatari iliyojaa mambo ya hatari.

Kwa ufupi wanaiga...

Pia yule kijana JK alikuwa MC mzuri kuliko Namwamba,Namwamba alizidi kwa nukuu,alinikera nilipenda JK alivyofanya presentation yake ! naona JK ni kati ya vijana wa kuwaangalia huko mbele,kijana ana hakika na anajua anachokifanya,ningekuwa na uwezo ningemwambia JK njoo TZ tutengeneze pesa teh teh

Cord Effect to energise Raila campaigns

add.jpg

By LILLIAN ONYANGO laonyango@ke.nationmedia.com
Posted Tuesday, January 29 2013 at 15:41

The Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) has launched a unit designed to add energy to the alliance's presidential campaigns.

The team dubbed
Cord Effect plans to increase Prime Minister Raila Odinga's chances of clinching the presidency in the March 4 General Election by injecting youth and vigour in campaigns.

Cord Effect chaired by Sports minister Ababu Namwamba will use road shows, town hall meetings and make appearances in talk shows to reach the people.

He will be assisted by Wiper's
Charles Kilonzo. Nairobi politician John Kiarie is the group's secretary in charge of logistics.

Other members include: Kisumu West ODM nominee
Rosa Buyu, former Kasarani MP Elizabeth Ongoro, Embakasi West aspirantBrian Weke and all East African Legislative assembly (EALA) Cord members.

Speaking at the launch of the campaign, the coalition's flagbearer Raila Odinga likened Cord Effect to ODM's Reloaded campaign.

"This one is going to sting and they will feel the effect of Cord Effect. We are in campaign mode and this team has the energy for it," he said during a press briefing held in Nairobi.

"We have put together a team younger than those making noise about their ages. Some of them are two years younger than me but they want the country to believe that I am their grandparent."

On Monday, Mr Odinga unveiled a
10-point campaign manifesto largely focusing on job creation, poverty reduction and equal distribution of resources if elected head of State.

On Tuesday, the PM sought to make a correction on the manifesto terming it as a "printing error".

"It should not be misunderstood that we are trying to re-introduce forex exchange controls. We will remain fairly liberalised and what we meant to introduce is an instrument to intervene particularly in the petroleum sector when the multinationals refuse to pass on the benefit of reduction of crude oil in the international markets to the consumers in the country," Mr Odinga said.

Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka – Mr Odinga's running mate – said the team is tasked with the responsibility of consolidating "the lead we command over our worthy rivals".

"The upcoming election is the most definitive in this generation. As we have said many times before, there are two political currents that are in contention, diametrically opposed visions for our beloved nation," he said.

Status quo

He described Cord's vision as that of fundamental change anchored on national unity and justice for all.

"The other side represents the status quo, so deeply marred in internal strife unable to agree on anything except their distaste for those committed to reform," Mr Musyoka said.

He explained that Cord Effect is not just a campaign vehicle but a peek into the dynamism that it is promising Kenyans.

Mr Namwamba said Cord Effect was up to the task and told opponents to focus on what they can do and not dwell the biological age of rivals.

"And so I challenge Uhuru Kenyatta, William Ruto and our worthy rivals to tell us what they did with their youth because when we look at your character and your history we see a youth that is empty in action and rich on rhetoric," he said.

Mr Odinga and Mr Musyoka signed a memorandum of understanding between the coalition and the Kenyan farmers, business and special interest groups represented by Kipkorir ole Menjo.

The PM said the MoU was a firm commitment that agriculture as the back bone of the country will be taken seriously by his government as promised in the Cord manifesto.

Cord Effect to energise Raila campaigns - CAMPAIGN NEWS - elections.nation.co.ke

Raila,Kalonzo na Wateng'ula ni timu ya ushindi wako kikazi zaidi Uhuru na Ruto wajiweke tayari na ICC Rais wa Kenya keshajulikana.

All the best CORD alliace!! Jamani ndugu wakenya what's wrong witj you? mmesoma, mna uchumi mzuri. lakini bado mmefungwa vitambaa usoni linapokuja suala la ukabila. Linapokuja suala la mtu wa kabila langu; thinking capacity ya professor wa UoN na Kenyatta haina tofauti na housi girl katika myumba ya Chege pale Othaya!! shame on u!!

The land issue should be the rallying cry of CORD against their opponents. I like the fact that Wetangula is
not backing away from this issue and Kalonzo has also taken it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

JK huyu hapa:

Raila predicts landslide victory

raila+px.jpg

By NATION REPORTER AND PMPS
Posted Tuesday, January 29 2013 at 20:39

In Summary

• "They have been dismissing the outcome of opinion polls but come March 4 and they will be in for a rude shock," he said.

Prime Minister Raila Odinga on Tuesday predicted a landslide victory for Cord in the first round.

Mr Odinga said that the Coalition for Reforms and Democracy (Cord) has an edge over its competitors as it has aspirations which Kenyans hold dear.

Mr Odinga said there was no likelihood of a run-off as the alliance enjoyed overwhelming support countrywide.

"We are in this game to win; losing is not an option for Cord. We have the overwhelming support of Kenyans," he said.

Speaking at a Nairobi hotel during the launch of the coalition's special presidential campaign team, the "Cord Effect", Mr Odinga scoffed at his competitors in the State House race, noting that those dismissing opinion polls will be surprised by the outcome of the March 4 polls.

"They have been dismissing the outcome of opinion polls but come March 4 and they will be in for a rude shock," he said.

Campaign manifesto

The PM - who also signed a memorandum of understanding between Cord and farmers, business and special interest groups represented by Mr Kipkorir Menjo - said his government will be willing to go in the same direction with the farming fraternity in the country.

On Monday, Mr Odinga unveiled a 10-point campaign manifesto largely focusing on job creation, poverty reduction and equal distribution of resources if elected president.

And on Tuesday, he sought to make a correction in the statement. He said there was a "printing error" in the statement.

"We should not be misunderstood that we are trying to re-introduce forex exchange controls.

We will remain fairly liberalised and what we meant to introduce is an instrument to intervene, particularly in the petroleum sector, when the multinationals refuse to pass on the benefit of reduction of crude oil in the international markets to the consumers in the country," Mr Odinga explained.

Raila predicts landslide victory - CAMPAIGN NEWS - elections.nation.co.ke

CIVIL SERVICE FRUSTRATED ME - RAILA

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 00:00 -- BY WALTER MENYA

CORD presidential aspirant Raila Odinga yesterday blamed partisan bureaucracy for his failure to deliver reform to Kenya.

Launching the CORD manifesto, Raila said the public service appeared to be loyal to the PNU side of the coalition rather than the whole government.

"It was a public service that was leaning on one side perhaps because of the ethnic problem that our country has endured," Raila said.

Raila promised to radically transform government in 100 days in office if elected president.

"I know some people want to ask why, if Raila has been Prime Minister for five years, has he not already done the things he is promising now? You deserve an answer and here it is," Raila said yesterday as he launched the ten-point Cord manifesto.

It explains how a Cord government will transform the economy, improve livelihoods, fight corruption and promote national reconciliation.

"During those five years it has been my constitutional responsibility to coordinate and supervise the functions of government, including ministries. In so doing, I have faced many challenges, but chief among them has been a very bureaucratic public service that does not facilitate the implementation of policies," he said during the launch which was also attended by members of the diplomatic corps.

He promised to get rid of the bureaucratic malaise in the public service within 100 days and radically transform it so that "government works for the people."

It is the second in a fortnight that Raila has accused the civil service of frustrating his efforts. On January 6 at Kamukunji grounds in Kibera he blamed what he said was a PNU-dominated Treasury of withholding funds to ministries headed by ODM so as to frustrate the party's 2007 campaign promises.

The Treasury was until January last year headed by Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta who now the Jubilee Alliance presidential candidate.

Uhuru stepped aside last year after being indicted by the International Criminal Court over charges of crimes against humanity.

The highlights of the Cord manifesto include the empowerment of the youth and women under re-structured enterprise funds and the development of new industries to create more job opportunities.

It places special emphasis on manufacturing, mining, the establishment of special economic zones, the introduction of livestock insurance and a universal medical insurance for all Kenyans as well as universal free education from pre-primary up to university level as enshrined under the new constitution.

Raila, his running mate Kalonzo Musyoka, and partner Moses Wetang'ula said the manifesto harmonized the aspirations of the three parties in the alliance - ODM, Wiper and Ford Kenya.

They promised to build an economy that works for all, dealing with historical injustices and ensuring the rule of law. Kalonzo appealed to leaders to put the interest of Kenya first.

"If our opponents believed in the rule of law and wanted the best for the country, some of us would not be standing here campaigning. The individual interests should not override the Kenyan interest," Kalonzo said.

Uhuru and his running mate William Ruto have been charged with crimes against humanity by the International Criminal Court following the 2007/08 post-election violence.

In reference to his 2011 shuttle diplomacy, Kalonzo said Kenyans should trust CORD on their promise to bring back the ICC cases to Kenya.

However international mediator Kofi Annan last month visited Kenya and made it very clear that it was too late to stop the ICC cases or to bring them back from the Hague.

Kalonzo said that it was empty propaganda that a CORD government would dispossess people of their land. "We are not planning to dispossess anybody of land rightfully possessed and we shall respect the sanctity of the land titles," he said, explaining that CORD wanted all idle land put to economic use.

The Cord leaders promised to create a million jobs a year, ensure food security, national security, participatory and transparent government, poverty alleviation, ensuring equal opportunities for all, free and compulsory education from nursery to secondary level, and better terms of service for teachers.

Raila also pledged to fully implement the constitution, and Vision 2030, create a conducive environment for investors, restructure youth and women funds by introducing much cheaper credit as well as to encourage investors to move to other urban centres such as Kakamega, Garissa and Meru.

"We shall also create industries under the One Village One Product programme. Each village in Kenya has unique resources. We shall convert these sources of income through value-addition, and have the resulting goods marketed nationally and internationally," Raila said.

The CORD principals pledged to focus on the agricultural sector, introduce livestock insurance, equitable exploitation of natural resources, carry on with President Kibaki's legacy of improving infrastructure, reclaim water towers and continue health sector reforms.

Cord promised to take care of the poor, the vulnerable, the orphaned and the aged by establishing programs which will look after their welfare.

Wetang'ula also assured the provincial administration that it will not be abolished under CORD government but will be reformed accordingly. He also pledged equitable distribution of diplomatic appointments to all communities based on merit.

CORD pledges
1. A million jobs per year
2. Addressing Food security
3. Security of all Kenyans will be guaranteed
4. People-led government
5. Poverty alleviation and addressing basic needs
6. Equal opportunity and social protection
7. Fair land reforms and improved infrastructure
8. Free, quality and compulsory education from nursery to secondary level
9. Implementing a universal health-care system
10. One indivisible nation (end to tribalism)

http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/article-104789/civil-service-frustrated-me-raila

Why I Endorse Raila For The Presidency - Ngunjiri Wambugu

columnist-wambugu-ngunjiri.jpeg

Monday, January 28, 2013 - 00:00

cord.png

I have stated here on more than one occasion that my vote for president will go to Raila Amolo Odinga on March 4th. This always kicks up a storm because it seems every middle class Kikuyu is expected to ‘Believe’ in Jubilee. However I do not believe that the problems of this country will be solved only when two tribes work together.

I also know I am not the only Kikuyu or Kalenjin who feels this way. I also believe that the Uhuru/Ruto ticket will be very surprised when the results of March 4th are read out.

‘Why Raila?’

8427235107_e08d2db849_n.jpg

One; His story. Raila remains the undisputed champion of the Kenyan dream. He (and his family) have faced some of the harshest tribulations for fighting for multi-party democracy. He has been detained, his wife hounded out of a job, and his businesses raided, all in the pursuit of building a Kenya that works for all Kenyans.

As a member of the elite he could have done what other children of Kenya’s founding fathers did; become part of the status quo and milk it for whatever he could get. He did not. We now have a pro-people constitution which he was at the forefront campaigning for, and has proven his capacity to take the hard road to ensure it is fully implemented.

6960665534_a6ae642b3a.jpg

Two; His Character. I have worked closely with him for over 6 months now and I can testify to his capacity to tolerate the most difficult people and/or situations one can imagine.

I have watched him deal patiently with situations where I wanted to walk away in frustration, and sort them out. I have seen him forgive mistakes that completely inconvenienced him. This capacity o see everything within the parameters of the bigger picture must be the reason the Coalition government has survived the full term.

7126473801_32520a7330_n.jpg

Three; His business background. There is another side to Raila Odinga; the shrewd and highly experienced business player who has managed to lead their family flagship company Spectre International to be a highly successful commercial enterprise.

As a business man myself I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for him and his family to make this happen over the decades, whilst simultaneously fighting against government positions on various political issues. It takes the kind of sacrifice, persistence and tenacity I want to see in my next President.

7237192734_c77ee4e5e0.jpg

Four; His politics. As his campaign political director I have interacted with his political philosophy. I now fully understand what it means to be a social democrat; I know that a thriving economic growth must be anchored on well-grounded country infrastructure. I also understand why emerging technological solutions must be used to address traditional forms of agriculture. Economic growth must have a human face.

7530797220_7b401af51e.jpg

Five;
The man himself. No man is perfect and Raila is above all else, a man. However when you live your life in full and permanent glare of the public limelight your mistakes tend to be what we learn first and before everything else.

It is a lot worse for Raila Odinga since he has lived most of his adult life either in detention, in the public streets being hounded by security agencies, or having each decision he makes scrutinized by various think tanks.

This means that nearly every adult Kenyan is conversant with Raila Odinga’s short-comings. However (and ironically) he has continued to lead in each and every poll conducted on who Kenyans believe is best suited to be their 4th President. This can only be a testament to the fact that enough of us see through the mistakes, to the man.

It also proves that Kenyans see beyond the mistakes to the man with an extraordinary capacity to seek that which works for the greatest good for the greatest number of Kenyans.

7710134586_16bdbb92a9.jpg

My bonus; His vision for himself and how it affects Kenya (and our futures). Raila Odinga is the 2nd most powerful man in the state today. He is also arguably the most powerful Kenyan politically. I do not believe he wants to be president for power’s sake. I have come to believe that he is now more interested in his legacy than the perks that come with the presidency.

If I am right he will want not only to run an efficient government system, but to be seen by Kenyans, and the world, doing it. I also believe that he will want to end his term well ... maybe like Nelson Mandela.

This week marks the beginning of the end of political campaigns; at least for those of us unrepentant optimists who believe that Kenya’s next President will be elected in the first round of elections.

As far as am concerned the reasons above and others, are why Raila Odinga stands right at the front of the line of every credible poll conducted in the last 5 years (including those by his political rivals) on who Kenyans prefer as their 4th president. This is why I endorse him as Kenya’s 4th President.

Why I Endorse Raila For The Presidency | The Star

Back
Top Bottom