P.Diddy ndie Msanii wa hip-hop`s tajiiri zaidi duniani

Kivumah

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2008
P. Diddy Tops Hip-Hop's Richest Artists List, Followed by Jay-Z and Dr Dre

With nearly half a billion dollars in the bank Sean Combs, aka 'Diddy' has beaten rap colleague Jay-Z to the top of Forbes magazine's list of Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artists..

The Bad Boy Records founder has an estimated wealth of $475 million, which he has acquired from his clothing line Sean John, his record label, and several product endorsements.

Jay-Z, meanwhile, closely follows with $450 million.

The Forbes list was put together by taking into consideration the artists' current holdings and past earnings.

Only performers were included on the list, which is why hip-hop tycoon Russell Simmons didn't place.

Following Diddy and Jay-Z is Dr. Dre with $125 million, 50 Cent and Birdman are tied at fourth place with $100 million

Nimefurahi sana manake ni BLACKS.....

hawa jamaa waliteseka sana na ubaguzi wa rangi huko USA hali iliyopelekea kujituma sana na kujiajiri wenyewe, leo hii tunaona mafanikio yao.

Usikate tamaa hata unaponyanyapaliwa kwa rangi yako, u can still do something else.

Dah,hatimaye Birdman amekamata bingo la $ 100m,wimbo wake wa Fire Flame kwenye chorus anasema "Bitch we tha business,100m dollar" ngoja na mi nikomae!

Kumbe Kushikilia Suruali kwa mbele na kuimba tu Yo -Yo- Yo...! Kunalipa hivi?

hizo hela za Diddy ni kama Tshs 712,500,000,000/= huyu jamaa aje awekeze kwenye umeme bongo.

"The Forbes list was put together by taking into consideration the artists' current holdings and past earnings."
"The Bad Boy Records founder has an estimated wealth..."

And this is why the list is completely flawed. Both Sean John and Badboy Entertainment have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years - and not a single one of his endorsements is significant enough to generate the kind of money that would put him in the #1 spot. Even the cheap Vodka that he promotes isn't as dominant as you're led to believe.

Also, Baby "Birdman" Williams has nowhere near one hundred million dollars. His brother is the actual mastermind behind Cash Money, and even he doesn't have that amount of money. I feel I should add that Cash Money isn't even fully owned by the Williams brothers.

Finally, the real list would look something like this:

1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. P.Diddy
4. 50 Cent
5. Dr.Dre

Honorable mention: Kanye West.

The moral of the story is never believe the financial information of any entertainer. Especially rappers.

Nimefurahi sana manake ni BLACKS.....Usikate tamaa hata unaponyanyapaliwa kwa rangi yako, u can still do something else.

Kumbuka wanaongelea 'Msanii wa hip hop' tajiri...na sio msanii/mwanamuziki tajiri! Hip hop 'basically' ni muziki wa watu weusi, ukichanganya wasanii/wanamuziki wote hao jamaa hawafui dafu!

Kwa kiasi cha hela cha watu waliomo Forbes, hawa Rappers wana hela Ndogo bado..maaan hata nusu Billion $ 1 yaani 2 Trillion ya kwetu sisi...hawajafika wasingekuwa artists wasingekuwa in that list kwasababu hao mamilionea wote wa mwishoooo ndo wana Billioni moja billioni moja ndo wameshika mkia

The moral of the story is never believe the financial information of any entertainer. Especially rappers

Hapo ndo unasomeka

Cz nikiangalia kwa investment zao 50 cent was last year announced as the richest followed by Diddy,

Eminem is nowhere on top

Alafu kwenye list yao simuoni Percy Miller aka Master P

"The Forbes list was put together by taking into consideration the artists' current holdings and past earnings."
"The Bad Boy Records founder has an estimated wealth..."

And this is why the list is completely flawed. Both Sean John and Badboy Entertainment have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years - and not a single one of his endorsements is significant enough to generate the kind of money that would put him in the #1 spot. Even the cheap Vodka that he promotes isn't as dominant as you're led to believe.

Also, Baby "Birdman" Williams has nowhere near one hundred million dollars. His brother is the actual mastermind behind Cash Money, and even he doesn't have that amount of money. I feel I should add that Cash Money isn't even fully owned by the Williams brothers.

Finally, the real list would look something like this:

1. Eminem
2. Jay-Z
3. P.Diddy
4. 50 Cent
5. Dr.Dre

Honorable mention: Kanye West.

The moral of the story is never believe the financial information of any entertainer. Especially rappers.
Diddy kama mfanyabiashara atakuwa na investments nyingine nyingi ambazo hatuzijui.

18 years after originally establishing Bad Boy Records in the early 1990s, Diddy's hip-hop label is still a force to be reckoned with in 2011. The label today has been named one of the largest minority-owned business in New York. According to Crains, a leading and trusted business publication, the mogul's Bad Boy enterprise actually comes in as the third-largest business minority-owned business in New York.
Diddy credits his business' success to his consistent hard work.
"It is an incredible honor to be included among the top three minority-owned companies in New York City time and time again," he said in a statement. "Hard work, determination and an unfettered desire to succeed helped me build this company to what it is today."
Bad Boy reports annual revenue of upwards of $300 million, employs an estimated 600 employees, and is entrenched in several areas of business, from music publishing, artist management, and recording, to film production, apparel (Sean John), and restaurants.
In order to be considers for Crains' list, a business must be privately owned and headquarted within the New York area, including NYC, Suffolk and Westchester counties upstate and Bergen, Essex, Hudson and Union counties in New Jersey. It must also be 51 percent owned by minorities.
Bad Boy came in right behind Goya Foods and Palladium Equity Partnerships. Goya, which is owned by people of Hispanic heritage, raked in a whopping $1.5 billion in revenue in 2009, the year in which Crains took its revenue statistics.
Where does Diddy go from there? The sky's the limit, must like one of the Notorious B.I.G.'s classics. Diddy hopes his story can inspire someone else to reach their goals as well.
"I hope to serve as an example and inspire anyone with a dream to dream bigger and know that they can achieve their goals," said Diddy.
Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment Ranked Third Minority-Owned Biz In New York | BALLERSTATUS

Busineslists | Crain's New York Business

*Long post*

"... Both Sean John and Badboy Entertainment have been completely irrelevant for the past 5 years ..." - This is what I originally posted.

Sean John has been as relevant as G Unit Clothing in the fashion industry. In other words, the clothing brand hasn't been hot for a good minute. And by 'good minute', I'm actually talking about years.

When it comes to the music side of things; if you can name me 1 artist from Badboy Entertainment that has made a significant impact in the entertainment industry (in the past 5 years), then you'll have a point. Janelle was certainly critically acclaimed, but the numbers her album did were very poor. Even Diddy himself has been a remarkable failure, do you know how much money he invested in his last album? And how little he actually made back?

The largest sum of money Diddy made from a performance (in the last 5 years) was from his appearance on American Idol. And that check wasn't even half of what a guy like Eminem makes headlining regular shows.

So as for Eminem not appearing on any lists... if you knew how much Eminem makes you wouldn't even bother to question his omission from these 'money lists'. Because his absence would be an instant indication that the list is one big lie, created for the sake of generating hits and attention. I mean they got us talking about it, right? Mission accomplished on their part.

The reality is Eminem makes more money from album sales, makes more money from shows, makes more money from royalties, makes more money from endorsements, makes more money from appearances, the list goes on and on and on. He makes more money than everyone else in the hip hop business.

Here's a fun fact: Out of all of the artists and rappers in the history of hip hop, Eminem is one of 3 artists to have made a movie (in which they were the lead) that generated revenue in excess of $200m. Check out the attached picture, that's the leader in this space.

(Btw, 50 Cent's $200m deal through his production company isn't as lucrative as it sounds. That's all that needs to be said on the matter).

Attachments

• fresh-prince-of-bel-air-will-smith.jpg
    fresh-prince-of-bel-air-will-smith.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom