On Visas and Bilateral Relations

Wamnetu

Apr 29, 2012
Due to the necessity to transit through the US to and from Bongoland, I have to get a US visa which will allow me and my family a safe and hussle free passage through the US. However, it is disappointing to find out that while nationals of other countries will pay the same amount of visa fees as myself, they get up to ten (10) years visa as against my one (1) year! On enquiring from the embassy officials as to why this disparity, I was informed that this is due to a bilateral agreement between my country (Tanzania) and the US!
Now you wonder how this agreement benefits our country. We have been blessed with a lot of natural attractions which would attract tourists from al over the world. However, if an American has to apply for a visa every time he wants to visit the country as a tourist, he will think twice before doing so because there are so many places in this world where he can go to spend his holiday without all the troubles of having to queue for a Tanzanian visa every year! What will it cost the country to grant a ten year visa to someone who wants to visit our country? If anything, there are more benefits than 'costs'. It is no wonder that one day when I proudly mentioned my country to an American tourist, the only thing he could remember about the country was the bombing of the US embassy, instead of the numerous national parks and other attractions spread all over the country! If we don't work hard to promote our country, how do we expect to attract tourists from far afield as the US, Canada, Germany, Argentina, etc. Remember, the late Mwalimu Nyerere once said "Uchumi tunao, tumeukalia!"

Mkuu Wamnetu......labda useme wewe....pengine watakusikia.........imagine ni pesa kiasi gani Watanzania hutumia kuomba visa kuja US......na hiyo sio hakika kuwa mtu atapata visa yenyewe!!..........angalau wangefanya hata miaka mitano.....tunaoumia ni sisi Watanzania........

Wee subiri.....siku nyingi utasikia Kenya wameongeza.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom